teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Reset Management Page broken

Whenever I try to go to the Reset management page (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/)  to get my ID reset since TeamViewer thinks that me helping out my Grandparents is commercial use, one part of the page or another gets a 404 and I can't proceed. I have the PDF, but at this point I can't reupload it. getting "Error"2020-11-30_09h08_47.png

Best Answer

Answers

• Yes, I've tried multiple browsers

Yes, I've tried multiple computers

Yes, I've tried on mobile

• Not working for me

• Aggravateduser5Aggravateduser5 Posts: 2 ✭✭

It's still not fixed.  The "Generate PDF" button does nothing, on multiple computers and multiple browsers. And with Teamviewer not allowing free users to contact customer service (and this forum apparently being manned by frustrated users and no teamviewer staff), what is a person to do except give up and switch to other software platforms?

• NataschaNatascha Posts: 1,013 Senior Moderator

Hi @Aggravateduser5 

Thank you for your post and the heads up. ?

I will let my colleagues know that it's currently not working. Will keep you posted in this thread if there's any news on that. 

Thank you for your patience and I'm really sorry for any inconveniences caused. 

Have a great day. 
    All the best,
    Natascha?‍♀️

German Community Moderator
  • I too am unable to complete the request. 1st... none of the links worked. I keep getting messages that the page didn't exist. Then I found a link in someone's post to the page. BTW the actual page is not user friendly. Finally figured out what to click. Takes forever to load... and don't click to another tab in order to multi-task because it will time out.

OK after an hour and a half of trying to find the form to request a reset or request the account be reviewed... It times-out when trying to submit. All I'm trying to do is to get onto my son's laptop to help with a school project. How difficult can that be???

TEAMVIEWER used to be a really great program.

😥😢🤯

• need a password reset sent

• deporterdeporter Posts: 1

It still does not work!

• djackson73djackson73 Posts: 1 Newbie

I was able to submit a PDF over a month ago concerning getting flagged for commercial use and timing out, when I'm clearly not. No response from Teamviewer staff, but an update seemed to fix the issue for a VERY little while. Back to getting flagged for commercial use and timing out, but the button to create a PDF no longer works. Obviously, there isn't very much attention being paid to this automated method of resetting your account. I was considering buying a license just to avoid being tagged as a commercial user (according to some algorithm which is obviously performing just about as well as the account reset system), and "charging" my family and friends that I support just enough to cover costs (which seems like a stupid thing to do) but with this kind of customer support I will likely just spend the time looking for a TeamViewer alternative rather than spend money on a product of dubious value. TeamViewer used to be a great product!