teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Free license use for church non-profit organization

bondmar30
bondmar30 Posts: 1
edited March 24 in Remote Access License

Hi,

I’ve been using the TeamViewer free version for a long time to connect to my church’s computer and do remote support. All of a sudden today I’m getting a message that I’ve exceeded a limit and disconnects my session. Has something changed where non-profit organization are no longer able to use the free version?

Can someone fix my account so I can use this again?

My ID is **Do Not Post Email Addresses**

Thanks,

Mark Bond

Best Answer

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 468 Senior Moderator
    Accepted Answer

Hello @bondmar30

Thanks for your post.

Use of TeamViewer in a non-profit organization does require a license; the free version of TeamViewer is made for personal home-to-home use between friends and family.

More information on TeamViewer and non-profits can be found here:

You can also request more information on Non-profit use from our licensing teams here:

Josh P.
    Senior Community Moderator

Did my response answer your question? Help out others and select it as the Accepted Answer

• bondmar30

If this is a change in policy then I’m OK with purchasing a license but I’ve been using it to support my church for the last 5 years at least without having to buy a license. It would have been nice to have some notification that I was going to be “shut off” before needing to do something important and not being able to.

• JoshP

Hello @bondmar30

Thanks for your post.

Use of TeamViewer in non-profits has always been considered commercial use; this is not a recent change.

Josh P.

Did my response answer your question? Help out others and select it as the Accepted Answer

• bondmar30

Then why was I able to submit a reset request and have my access re-instated previously? You can check my account and see that I’ve been using it for years and had my account re-instated.

• JoshP
    edited March 24

Hello @bondmar30

Thanks for your post.

While you may have had your ID reset back to personal , the use of TeamViewer in your non-profit company is what would re-flag the device again.

As you can see in this previous response to the same question, use of TeamViewer in a non-profit has always been considered commercial use.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Josh P.