cant validate my account/cant recieve sms

teamviewer windows10 desktop

i've got this message after auto update,

'to connect,please validate your account first.'

tried many times,never recieved sms code.

help me plz.

Tagged:

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

Hi @ivantao ,

Thank you for posting on Community.

In order to complete account validation, can you kindly make sure that your TeamViewer account has been verified and only Valid Chinese mobile number to be used for receiving the validation message please. 

Meanwhile, as we are also facing huge demanding requests of SMS validation, we kindly ask your patience on receiving the SMS.

For more information, feel free to check out this KBA  and follw up this post for more updates.

Once again thank you for your patience and understanding.

Warm regards,

Ying_Q 

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • RobBridges
    RobBridges Posts: 1

Hello

How can I validate my teamviewer account while visiting china if I dont have a chinese mobile phone number?

• tion
    tion Posts: 2 ✭✭

This phone number has been used with a recently deleted account and is currently unavailable.

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @tion,

Thank you for your message.

It would be helpful for us to investigate if you can tell us the country you are in.

Currently,  TeamViewer introduces account validation to unverified users in China which corporates with validation code in the text message. When you delete your TeamViewer account we delete all data related to your account. However, the phone number associated with the deleted TeamViewer account cannot be used to validate a new account until 2 months after the deletion.

For more information, feel free to check out this KBA  and follow up on this post for more updates.

Best regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • LAtze
    LAtze Posts: 1

Hello,

I am reporting the same issue in China. I am a holder of a valid Chinese sim card. My Teamviewer has been updated to the new version, and two-factors authentication activated.

When trying to connect to any other computer, a messagge for account validation through SMS pops up. After following the procedure, the SMS never arrives. This is extremely annoying, as it prevents completely from the use of the service.

A workaround on how to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

• I deleted it and registered account again with same email. Now I got this message. What is this? Should I buy a new SIM on every my China trip? 

Clipboard01.jpg

• Shaeek
    Shaeek Posts: 1
    edited January 2021

Every time i try to connect. It asks me to validate my account. What to do?

• Fiona_G

Hi @Shaeek,

May I know your location? TeamViewer introduces account validation to unverified users in China which corporates with validation code in a text message when they start the first outgoing connection and start a meeting. Therefore, if you are requested to validate your account in China please check out this thread for more information.

Fiona_G
  • Shaeek
    Shaeek Posts: 1

Yes i am from china. But i dont see any option to add my phone number

• Fiona_G

Hi @Shaeek,

Thank you for your confirmation.

Please take a look at this article for the specific steps. We recommend using Chrome, Edge, Safari or Firefox browsers on a computer to validate, and please make sure that Cookies are enabled.

Fiona_G
  • davidli333
    davidli333 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

Windows 10

Free user

Based in China

Valid 11-digit Chinese phone number

Please help!

• Ying_Q

Hi @davidli333 ,

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to TeamViewer Community.

Can you kindly make sure that the mobile number you are using is a true and valid mobile number please.

For more information about SMS validation for TeamViewer accounts, feel free to check out this link.

Warm regards,

• davidli333
    davidli333 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi @Ying_Q, thanks for your reply.

I am pretty sure my input mobile number is true and valid.

When I checked the link you shared, I saw there was "点击按钮开始智能验证" below input area in the screenshot, but it never showed in my page. I don't know if there is anything else I can do but it is quite urgent for me to use Teamviewer and hence I really need your help. Look forward to your reply.

Regards,

David

• soul0202
    soul0202 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Before, Fiona_ G. The staff member can release the mobile phone number after replying to it for two months, but it has been more than two months and has not been released yet. I see that some articles are longer, four months. Please give an exact reply. Can't you release it? I can make a choice and whether to discard it。

• PFT
    PFT Posts: 1

I am in Hong Kong (+852), I don't have a China mobile number (+86), what could I do?

• jack125
    jack125 Posts: 1

I can not connect using team viewer.

When i try connect, this window is showed.

And i tried to authenticate my account.

But when i input my phone number, it says "my phone number is used by other device"

But i did not used my phone number.

How can i solve this problem?

Sorry for my poor english and thank you for your help.

• Pelee
    Pelee Posts: 0

Hi,

I'm a bit troubled.

I'm using teamviewer for a while now and it worked fine for me. I checked everything before I left home and got on a businesstrip to China.

Now I want to access my PCs at home and I just can't because: "please validate your account to continue"

1. Why do I need to do this now. I'm using the same account and same Notebook as I did before to connect to the same PCs as before.
    2. TV wants a Chinese Phone number to do so. I'm German, try to reach my German PCs with my German Notebook which I used in Germany before. Why Chinese number? Makes no sense at all!
    3. Got a Chinese Phonecard send to my Quarantine Hotel. Workes fine for everything. Just not for TV: invalid number....

So what can I do now to be able again to connect to my PCs?

PS. I'm using the free license and try to reach my private PCs

• Yanning_Wu
    Yanning_Wu Posts: 1

I also meet the issue, I have a valid Chinese phone number. But when I enter it, it shows that your phone number is invalid. Can someone help me with it?

• Zakikun
    Zakikun Posts: 2 ✭✭

In this post, the topic is the same as the below one

Now it's April 29, 2022. There is still no improvement. Everytime I try to connect any computer and keep showing something like "your +86 phone number is invalid" to me. Are you guys really able to solve this problem? Or just ignoring users in China?

phone number ISP: China Unicom

• ceciljchen
    ceciljchen Posts: 3 ✭✭

I'm having the same issue. Although this is not my first visit to China and until now, I had no issues using TV during past trips. This most recent trip has proved difficult and though I also have a local mobile number, TV claims it is invalid to use for validating my account. Have you heard from support staff or found any solutions to this issue?

• ceciljchen

Hi. Any updates on this issue? It seems like months later and the "validation system" still doesn't work.

• ceciljchen

It's crazy that users have been complaining about this issue for nearly 2 years and it still hasn't been resolved competently. I've been using teamviewer for more than a decade and it had always been a smooth experience. Wonder what has changed? Any solutions or workarounds to this issue?

• DavidKang1
    DavidKang1 Posts: 1
    edited May 2022

SMS cannot be sent from China , use Chinese mobile phone number for confirmation-Invalid phone number provided, how to solve?

• blaaaaarrgh
    blaaaaarrgh Posts: 1

I had the same issue just then. You'll need to turn off your VPN and then the website will display correctly. The dialogue box where you enter the phone number will look different.

• Ying_Q

Hi @DavidKang1,

Thank you for contacting us in TeamViewer Community!

Can you kindly check whether the mobile number is a valid and legitimate number from Chinese mobile service provider please?

For more information about the SMS validation, feel free to check out this Chinese Knowledge article - 短信验证.

We are sorry in advance about any inconvenience caused with SMS validation.

Best,

Ying_Q

• samss
    samss Posts: 2 ✭✭

I can only see one option to validate the teamviewer account and that is via SMS. But I cannot validate as it continuously shows this message. By the way I deleted the account several months before as I cannot add my computer after installing new windows. And it was 4-5 months before... Now I cannot receive SMS to validate the account.

• samss
    samss Posts: 2 ✭✭

As the above problem persist, how can I activate the teamviewer account ?

• Phi1
    Phi1 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

Hello Fiona,

Thanks for your explanation. I am using a free account right now and I cannot validate this account with my phone number. I am pretty sure that the previous account (email abandoned) has been deleted for OVER two months.

Any updates to this issue or has the policy changed somehow?

Thanks

Phi1

• ldofbjc
    ldofbjc Posts: 1

Hi Teamviewer,

I havnt used my team viewer account for a while, and recently when I did, I get this prompt and then an ask to validate the account via a Chinese phone number. But when I entered my phone number, i get another prompt of it is being used by another account. This is a little weird because I've never associated a Chinese phone number. Where can I check phone # association?

• EricChen
    EricChen Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

How could I verify my teamviewer account in Taiwan, I can't even get a CHINESE phone number we could only get TAIWANESE phone number.

[Removed as Community Guidelines]