teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Remote with no monitor

FosterWorm
FosterWorm Posts: 1 Newbie
edited November 2022 in General Questions

Need to remote to a client with no monitor. It is connected to an 85" tv being used as a monitor. It is shut off to conserve energy while I remote in at night. So as expected, the computer sleeps or whatever until it can detect a monitor connection. I read I can get around this using windows remote desktop but I don't feel that is an option. I understand for me to auto-access using windows remote, I would have to be on the same network. That it cannot be set up to work if I am not? I did search the forums, so if this has been addressed before then I blame my inability to use the correct search terminology. Ultimately, I want to see if anyone knows of a type of "keep alive" program or setting that will allow me to remote in without the monitor on. Thank you ( I don't know if I've even chosen the correct category or not as I am not so much a technical person.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,516 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @FosterWorm,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🚀

As long as the system is not turned off, it is possible to remote control headless systems.

Please find more information here: Use TeamViewer on headless systems

Let me know if you have any further questions! I'll be happy to assist.

/Jean

Community Manager

---

Did my response answer your question? Help out others and select it as the Accepted Answer