Remote Access Purchased and activated but still showing as free account.

Garrett34841
Garrett34841 Posts: 8
edited May 2023 in Licensing

I clicked on the Activate Now link in the email I received after purchase but the account still shows up as free. If I try to activate the account again I get an error message saying 'The token is invalid'. I have searched for solutions to this and cannot find any advice other than to be told to remove company information. As far as I know I do not have any company information on my account and am at a loss as to how to get this to work.

Tagged:

Comments

• the same is happening to me!

@Garrett34841 wrote:

I clicked on the Activate Now link in the email I received after purchase but the account still shows up as free. If I try to activate the account again I get an error message saying 'The token is invalid'. I have searched for solutions to this and cannot find any advice other than to be told to remove company information. As far as I know I do not have any company information on my account and am at a loss as to how to get this to work.

ng to me!

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @Garrett34841 and @mel_marcati,

Thank you for your posts.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. Could you please kindly check out - How to activate your Remote Access Plan?

If the issue continues when you log out and then relog into your account, please reach out to our support team via support ticket for further assistance.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • Thank you for your reply. I followed the procedure in How to Reactivate your Remote Access Plan. There are no company details but when I clicked on the link in the activation email it still gave the message "The token is invalid".

I clicked on the link you provided for a support ticket and it just took me back to the help menu. How can I proceed to get my account working?

• Fiona_G

Hi @Garrett34841,

I'm sorry to hear that.

In this case, I have created a support ticket for you and our support team will reach out to you shortly. Please check your Private Message for the Ticket ID.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards, 

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • Fiona,

Thank you for creating a support ticket in respect of my problem. I tried to open it to see the details but am unable to get access via the link you sent or the private message.

Having looked through other similar problems I see that they were resolved quite quickly with a message from a moderator and sending a new activation code email or by resetting the user details as on the screen shot of the thread below. Is this something that could be done in my case?

Thank you. 

Annotation 2020-08-18 130509.jpg

• Having received a system message to ask if my problem had been solved all I can say so far is no. As with my previous reply I am unable to see the support ticket even though I have the ID no. Since my account is still showing as free I cannot get access to that part of the system. I am also unable to connect onto my remote computer, which is causing me some difficulty. This problem seems to occur regularly but there does not seem to be a simple fix for me. Should I cancel my subscription and take out a new one? Would that be the quickest and simplest remedy for me?

• Fiona_G

Hi @Garrett34841,

We are sorry to hear about that.

Our support team answers tickets via email in the order they are received as quickly and accurately as possible.

If the system message you mentioned was received via email, please kindly reply to it and communicate further with our support team. I will also forward your feedback internally.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in advance.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • Fiona, thank you for your reply. I am concerned that my problem is not being addressed in a timely manner and will be cancelling my subscription and claiming a refund if this is not resolved within the 7 day guaranteed refund period.

It is unacceptable for me to be in the situation where I have paid for a service that I am unable to access and there appears to be no way for me to obtain assistance other than by a public message board.

• DomChew
    DomChew Posts: 1

Hi @Fiona_G ,

I am also experiencing the exact same issue as stated in this thread. I have also followed many of the instructions posted on this thread and others i have found online. 

Again as the account is showing as "Free" I can not access the messaging or support area and can only access the community pages therefor I too can not open a support ticket.

This is frustrating as like the others on this post we have paid to use a product but all seem to be running round in circles. 

Please can you advise the best way to resolve this quickly otheriwse we too will be looking for a full refund within our 7 day cool down period!

• I am totally frustrated and wish to cancel my Remote Access Licence, which does not work, and receive my full refund. This is within the seven day period. I am unable to contact anyone who can help and have been told to raise a support ticket to cancel my subscription. I cannot raise a support ticket myself because the account is showing as free. Please could you raise a support ticket for me,

• Fiona_G

Hi @DomChew,

Thank you for your message and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

If you are a business/premium/corporate license customer, please call our support team with the email address you used to purchase to get it sorted.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in advance.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • Fiona_G

Hi @Garrett34841,

We are very sorry to hear about your negative experience.

We are looking into the activation issue Remote Access license new users are experiencing recently and working on improve our support procedures internally.

As our highest priority, we endeavor to provide a positive experience with our product and our team. We do appreciate your feedback and the input to our community.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • I have not received a response to the support ticket that you raised and am still awaiting refund of my subscription. This was requested within the first 7 days and should therefore qualify for your guaranteed free refund.