Remote printing Mac Catalina to Windows 10 2004

We have a user on Mac Catalina using Team Viewer 15.8.3, to connect to a Windows 10 2004 (also running 15.8.3 TV) desktop using remote printing.

Everything was working before Windows 10 updated to version 2004 this week.

The Mac Catalina has an XPS Pro reader loaded and running, i think this was an historic requirement for remote printing between Mac and Windows in the past depending on version.

Basically pressing print, nothing happens. Nothing remains in the queue on the Windows host, no errors. Tried restarting print Spooler, and making sure no stale flat jobs in the Spooler.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Team Viewer printer driver from both ends, also quitting and re-opening the XPS viewer and restarting both the Mac and Windows devices.

Seemingly everything was working fine before the upgrade to 2004 on Windows 10.

Anyone else battling that at the moment? or an expert in how this fits together? it feels like it might be a fairly cutting edge problem - with all devices involved fully up to date with OS version and TV version, so i imagine maybe a bug in Team Viewer possibly. I also dont really understand how the XPS reader was required on the Mac, according to documentation you just need it installed and running. But i dont see how Teamviewer detects it.

Anyone else encountered this? 

Thanks

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @DFBS202056

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

At the moment, the Windows 10 v2004 is not yet supported.

2020-08-21 16_22-Which operating systems are supported for which TeamViewer versions_.png

Please understand that while your developer team is working on making this version compatible, we cannot provide any explanations/process deeper analysis regarding bugs with this version of Windows 10.

I thank you in advance for your understanding. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager