Thank you for playing fair

Comments

• Hi, I love the TeamViewer to help people with questions on their computer. Mostly helping ministries with email and website issues. I also use on occasion to answer a client question of the same. Perhaps 90% are for volunteer work that I do. 

Do I need to upgrade subscription if I use in this way? I do not need any other features or functionality. Also, at times my vollunteer work gets some type of love offering or pay. I hope I do not have to pay as I cant afford $49 per month. I would have to go elsewhere. 

I want to be honest though..

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @NZSnowman In usual cases the reset is much faster, however, if your 88yrs old father-in-Law needs to have his email program urgently, you can maybe connect from another device to your his computer. Maybe you own a mobile or got another family member that would let your use his/her device for a few minutes to help your father-in-law.

Thanks for the feedback @KeywordChrist. Great to hear you love TeamViewer ? After reading your setup, I recommend using different devices for your work and your personal connections to avoid getting locked on your private device. All connections to any of your clients would need to have a license - however, you might not need the larger licenses. Please have a look at the Remote access plan

Former Community Manager

• ok so i fit all the objectives for a free personal use user but im still being blocked, and all i keep getting is teamviewer can still be used for persoanl use none profit to help run computers in my own home, one small problem is i have found out that is no longer true.!!!!

• Esther

Hi @Han_Solo52 In this case, please feel free to fill out the form for the reset. You´ll find the link in the article above ?

Former Community Manager

• I used my for voluntering for IT help for a charity I was told I could and should be fine - I filled out the Form and submited the PDF - then realised it was the wrong PDF - I cant submit again as the case is pending - but with a blank PDF, will I get a chance to submit another PDF?

• Jack101
    Jack101 Posts: 1

I want to conduct an online meeting of around 126 customers for the new forum I am going to launch for my website related to knife throwing . Is it possible at the platform of teamviewer?

• Beldar
    Beldar Posts: 4

So based on reading in the community, I think I know what is going on.  Connecting from a work PC to your home personal PC for personal use only falls within the free use policy.  But now that my work PC (in the basement) and my personal PC (2nd floor) are on the same network, since I am working from home remotely now, Teamviewer analytics think I am using it for business.  I just trying not to walk up 2 flights of stairs when I need to quickly check on something personally.  So anyone (or Teamviewer folks are you listening) that knows of a solution, let me know.  Very hard to get help from Teamviewer without buying it.

• Esther

@Jack101 For a meeting with that amount of participants, I recommend you to have a look at Blizz. TeamViewer has a limit of 25 participants.

@Beldar Connecting to or from your work PC as well as activities related to your work are requiring a license. Please feel free to read the above article for more information.

Former Community Manager

• Beldar

Connecting from a work PC to your home personal PC for personal use only falls within the free use policy.

• Esther

@Beldar Please see this part once again in the article: What is considered commercial?  or check out this screenshot: Commercial.png

Former Community Manager

• Hi Beldar i read your reply Kudos to you, But i have never ever use teamviewer for any thing other than personal use not ever, and the company i work for it is banned. I happen to work for one of the largest if not the largest companys based in the UK and every manager and I.T. manager is warned never to use it. And as a clue the comany name starts with the letter T. I Always use it just for personal use, the computers it is or i should say it was installed on are never connected to my company, ever because i would get sacked if i did.

• Esher i also made a point of reading your reply and decided to read all your post, and yes i mean all of them. Have fun telling me its free for personal use, because im sure sonner or later it may be free again. If i used it for any thing other than free person use i would get sacked i would loose my car my house and my income.

• Beldar

All I can say is I do not use it for work.  And I have never had a problem using it for 4-5 years, until that last update a few days ago.  It still works on all my other PCs to PCs.   I would have no problem paying for it if it were reasonably priced.  I kicked off some research and about half of the similar products out there are overpriced as well.  There are some really good deals out there too, so I am trying another product for the "From work, to person PC" connection I need.  I appreciate the free version while it lasted and I recommended the product year end and year out to others (free and paid versions).   I will have to decide if I continue to use it.  Too early to tell.  I would hope that they would over a low-cost personal use version for Work-to-home scenarios.

• gustinn2
    gustinn2 Posts: 40 ✭✭

Good evening Esther.

For start i want to say how i like the service you have here much it has helped me a lot, i am so greatful and thankful.

But, as i see here in this debat i have got again same problem as few others here that your system or staff feel as i am using it for commercial use, which is completely NOT the thing here i cant understand why you think that.

I have looked at the guidelines at the top of this page here and there i have seen quit well what is private use and what i use it for completely can be found in those to usage:

I am using TeamViewer on one of my private devices to connect to my other private devices; e.g. to look for a file stored locally;
    Spoiler
    Private usage

✔ You are using TeamViewer on one of your private devices to connect to another private device; e.g. to look for a file stored locally;

I have now again filled out this here :

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/?_ga=2.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**-61903534.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

and it was first in January then i made explaining of my usage and got this here message:

Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

then it came again in july (this commercial message and i filled out the form) and i gave explaining again about my usage and u open everything again for a month it went off again 3 days ago or so.

I have used it for over 6 years always doing the same so i cant understand why i cant be accepted furthermore as qualified as "personal"

Its not fair a person has to get to pay for the service when using it as personal when others using it for personal use dont have to.

I cannot use it for commercial use since i dont have work, i am desabled by ground of sickness so i feel so sad when u say i use it for commercial usage.

Kindly Help i really need to be able to connect to my private computer which is in my country and i use it while im abroad.

one thing i want to mention you have on webpage a cnance to talk in one window live with a person on sale page, that is also needed around this, i really want to have chance to talk to you personal not through e mails.

thanks for all

with regards

• gustinn2

no reply

• Esther

@gustinn2 Thanks for reading my blog article and your comment. You are right: You do not have to buy a license when using the software completely for personal use. If the software does suspect you once or twice a year anyway to use it commercially, please accept my apologies. Unfortunately, no software is perfect or will ever be (still - we are working on this goal). I hope it is not too cumbersome for you to fill out the form again once or twice a year. Thanks and best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• I submitted the request to change my account back to the way it was and I never received a response back.

• Esther

@Beldar The team will 100% work on each request in case all needed data have been submitted. Some people are unfortunately not getting an email back due to various reasons but as said earlier you can check the status of your TeamViewer on your own after a day or two. One important thing: Please fill out the correct form depending on the case: Trial expired or commercial use suspected. AND: Please fill out the form completely. Otherwise, it will not be worked on.

Former Community Manager

• gustinn2

Thanks for answer Esther.

u say : "If the software does suspect you once or twice a year anyway to use it commercially, please accept my apologies. Unfortunately, no software is perfect or will ever be (still - we are working on this goal). I hope it is not too cumbersome for you to fill out the form again once or twice a year. "  

that is not a problem to fill out form or send e mail when the software suspect me of that What im not happy about is to get answer by e mail that way u still think i am not using it for personal use when i am doing that for sure. Right now im waiting for e mail so it can open again, i need to be able to connect to my remote computer this weekend so hope it will be done by then. That is that u accept my usage again as personal use.  

If you could help me so it will open before weekend again and that way it can hold open for then half year if you say software can suspect this every half year, though in my situation it was in january, then again july and then again now end of august.

Kindly help and again thanks for reply.  with best regards

• Esther

@gustinn2 Can you please repeat the process and make sure you provided the form via this page (please do not use the alternate way) and make sure to fill out all fields correctly? Thanks!

Former Community Manager

• gustinn2

Esther:  you mean this form :  https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/?_ga=2.65051755.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**-61903534.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

I have sent and got reply about you dont accept me now as private use. I am completely using it as private and i am disable so i cant be using it for commercial use, if your system thinks that there is something wrong going on.

It has caused i feel so bad that you are saying i use it for commercial use and i cant log into my abroad computer, has made me so depressed and i sleep and sleep now as i do when people dont believe me :(

• gustinn2

Esther : no reply again :(

• Esther

@gustinn2  no, this is the alternate form. Please do not use it. Please use this: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Former Community Manager

• gustinn2

@Esther 

Esther where on this page you gave link to is a form to fill can you give link direct to the form?

is it to open the link "connect to teamwiever " or ?  May i ask for quicker reply i have to use my computer abroad before 12 th of september.  with best regards

• Esther

@gustinn2 yes - exactly. Please log in with your TeamViewer credentials to start the reactivation process by clicking the "Connect with TeamViewer" Button ?

Former Community Manager

• gustinn2

@Esther 

Thanks Esther, saw you told me earlier in this chat to fill out correct in the lines.  Im thinking  there stand there address line 1 shall i put there address where the main computer is, the one i try to connect to abroad ? And does it have to be all the address or only street name?

Teamviewer ID is that the number of the computer i connect to (the main computer).

Kindly if you can reply as soon as possible so i can fill this form out as quick as possible so it can open for the service before 11 th of september.

with best regards

• Esther

@gustinn2  Address line 1 should be the street you live in and the TeamViewer ID is your TeamViewer ID. The one, you want to request the reset for ?

Former Community Manager

• gustinn2

@Esther 

I started this process and had done with pdf and then comes txt about print it out and scan and sign.

I told before here or at least is the thing i dont have printer or scanner.

what can i do then ?  Its taking so long time i need to be able to connect the computer before 11th of sept. :(

kindly reply soon

• gustinn2

@Esther 

I dont have work like others where people can print out things and scan. Not all people have printer /scan

I am disabled because of sickness

Quoted at 22.55 on 08.09.20

no reply :(

• gustinn2

@Esther 

can you help? Is there any way out of this?  kindly reply