Thank you for playing fair

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

@gustinn2 I an very sorry to hear this but I can only repeat myself: The form is the only option you have. Maybe you have a friend or a family member who can help you. I am keeping my fingers crossed it will work for you!

Former Community Manager

• gustinn2
    gustinn2 Posts: 40 ✭✭

@Esther 

Thats sad. I could maybe get to a printer, Can it work if i print the pdf document and undersign it and then take pic of it undersigned and send the pic in stead of pdf document undersigned scanned?  Please if you could reply soon. 

After i have fixed this how long time does it take to accept it and open my account again?

with best regards and thanks for all help

• Esther

@gustinn2 It should work, however, please make sure that you are uploading it as PDF ?

Former Community Manager

• gustinn2

ok after i have fixed this and sent to you, how long time does it take to accept it and open my account again?

• Hey ! Have now tried several times to get past this "Thank you for being fair" ... Argh! and being accused for using Teamviewer for commercial purposes. I see more that 10 questions in the community about problems with access to family and friends to assist.

And even several post about cancellation of subscription that are not answered...

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• gustinn2

@Esther 

Hi Esther, now i have finished this, could manage to print and scan it at a friends place. Would be good if you can follow it it stood within 2 work days it could be opened, really hope it could be tomorrow lastly the 11.th of september need to connect to my computer abroad as soon as possible

with best regards and thanks

• gustinn2

@Esther 

HI again. How does it work, will i get e mail or message here on my account if and when it your staff has been looking at my confirmation / undersigning, and then i can go on using my teamviewer or shall i be logging in to see if it has been done?  kindly reply

• Esther

@gustinn2 As we can not guarantee that all emails are being delivered successfully due to different reasons I always recommend restarting the TeamViewer service after one or two days to see whether the reset has been done already ? This is the best way in my opinion ?

Former Community Manager

• gustinn2

ok do i have to log completely off the account and restart and try to connect or just try to connect again and again?

Edit 13.02  I have now logged out of my account and in again and have also seen message or e mail i got from you and there is talked about two IDs i only gave one ID the one in the computer abroad. in the e mail stands also this:

"the TeamViewer ID of the remote device you are trying to connect to might be flagged as being commercially used.
    Please keep in mind that a TeamViewer connection always involves two devices (TeamViewer IDs) and that we are presenting the pOpUp on both sides of the connection.
    If you think that this is not the case and that connecting to this device is private use, please repeat the process and fill out an additional form for this/these TeamViewer ID(s): https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset/"

when i open that link it only come i have sent pdf  and this text is there "Your request has already been submitted and is pending further review. Thank you for your patience as we process your request. "    I cant open the pdf file i sent to give the other IDs (from the computer im in now ) if needed.  I was happy to see it was acceptet but still cant log into my abroad computer sadly :(  help is needed.

with best regards

• Hello,

I came here to report the algorithm you use to detect commercial use as it wrongly tagged my account.

I have used Teamviewer exclusively to assist my parents, brothers or children not even frecuently but quite rarely, once or twice per month perhaps!

None of the computers or mobiles is a work device, none of the emails is a work email, so I don't understand why today I got my session blocked while I was helping with my mom's laptop. It is quite rude as the session is cut suddenly and a pop up shows saying Commercial Use detected!... buy the license.

I will apply now for the limitations reset but expect an apology as this makes me feel as guilty of doing something unethical which I have not done certainly!

Please fix the algorithm and make the procedure of suspending a session less traumatic. Perhaps show a warning and a link to apply for the reset besides the link to buy the license!

Regards

• I just uploaded the reset form. Luckily for me I am able to print and scan it as there are other people who might not have printers at home.

It is unfortunate I had to surrender some of my private information (name, address, country) in order to keep my free account. I hope nothing happens!

How long will it take to get a response? I need to connect to my mom's laptop ASAP

• gustinn2

@Esther 

I did send this yesterday :

ok do i have to log completely off the account and restart and try to connect or just try to connect again and again?

Edit 13.02  I have now logged out of my account and in again and have also seen message or e mail i got from you and there is talked about two IDs i only gave one ID the one in the computer abroad. in the e mail stands also this:

"the TeamViewer ID of the remote device you are trying to connect to might be flagged as being commercially used.
    Please keep in mind that a TeamViewer connection always involves two devices (TeamViewer IDs) and that we are presenting the pOpUp on both sides of the connection.
    If you think that this is not the case and that connecting to this device is private use, please repeat the process and fill out an additional form for this/these TeamViewer ID(s): https://www.teamviewer.com/en/ reset/"

when i open that link it only come i have sent pdf  and this text is there "Your request has already been submitted and is pending further review. Thank you for your patience as we process your request. "    I cant open the pdf file i sent to give the other IDs (from the computer im in now ) if needed.  I was happy to see it was acceptet but still cant log into my abroad computer sadly :(  help is needed.

with best regards

--------

still i cant log into my account longer then 1 minute time, though have i had e mail from you about that i surely accepted as using it for private use after i sent you the pdf document.  Had said i needed to be able to use the abroad computer yesterday the 11th now that day is gone :(

Please kindly help  me asap

• gustinn2

@Esther 

hi, is it no way to have help? no reply here and no e mail reply. though you say im accepted as using software for private use, got e mail about that on friday still cant use my account`?  Please @Esther or anyone from staff help.

kind regards

• Esther

@gustinn2 as far as I can tell has your ID already been reset.

Former Community Manager

• gustinn2

@Esther 

It still comes the same text when i log into my reset computer far abroad. and only one minute i can be connected. I need help to be able to connect and i possible did mistake only mentioned one ID the one that is abroad not the one i connect from here but did send that this weekend as a reply e mail message this weekend, reply message to the e mail i had about that my ID had been reset. Can u help me  look at it, really happy if you can asap.

As ive said it was difficult for me to print and scan the pdf document, had to take a trip long way to my friends place. I cant send new undersigned pdf document with the ID that i forgot in my undersigned pdf.

with best regards

@gustinn2

• Esther

@gustinn2 I understand your issue but unfortunately, I can´t fill out the form on your or any other person's behalf. And replying to the email does not request a reset: Requesting a reset for the ID has to be done via the form. Thanks for your understanding.

Former Community Manager

• gustinn2

@Esther 

can i send the form again with info about the ID number here that i forgot to mention without undersigning it, just mention in the post i have earlier sent undersigned document? It would be help so i dont have to travel long way again to be able to print and scan?

kindly reply as soon as u did last time

with best regards

• Esther

@gustinn2 The form needs to be filled out completely incl. a signature.

Former Community Manager

• gustinn2

@Esther 

Dear @Esther 

For one hour ago i had again same e mail message as on friday and when i try to log on it still comes up as not private use and i cant log into my computer abroad.  I did travel yesterday right after i got last message from you 100 km way back and forth to be able to print and scan new document, in which i through the system (webside-link) made pdf document with both IDs but saw only other was shown on the pdf document. So i did write on the undersigned paper both ID numbers to be sure. But still i cant log into. Dont know if it is because u havent open for both IDs or what.

Can you please look at this and help me, its taking long time to be able to connect again, still i thank you for all your help.

Kindly if u can help me with this.

with best regards

@gustinn2 

• Esther

@gustinn2 You can test to restart the TeamViewer service to initiate a new handshake between your TeamViewer application and the master.

Former Community Manager

• gustinn2

@Esther 

Hi i just open my computer, started it up, saw the e mail message about all open, tried to log into computer abroad and did not work.

shall i close computer again and restart teamwiever and log in again? Hope its enough to do it in the computer im at now, not at the computer which is abroad?

thanks for quick response hope u can reply as quick again

• Esther

I would do this for all involved computers that have received the reset.

Former Community Manager

• gustinn2

@Esther 

ok until this day when this has happened and u have opened, everything has been possible to use without closing anything down. If i have to do this in computer abroad i have to send person to that place to restart everything there. Are you 100 % that is necessary?

• Koolmees
    Koolmees Posts: 2 ✭✭

I use Teamviewer Free version for many years now and every few months I have to explain that I don't use Teamviewer for commercial. I explained that mostly I use my own laptop, but when I am in the office I use Teamviewer for reading Facebook, because Facebook is not allowed in the office. Every time you agree with this explanation, but after a few months I get the message that I use it for commercial.

Is this really not allowed? For many years it was not a problem.

• Esther

@Koolmees Using TeamViewer in your office or from your work computer requires a license. Thanks for your understanding, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hello everyone,

I'm an undergraduate student at UFMA, in Brazil, and I'm currently trying to remotely access a computer in one of the labs at the university from my personal computer at home, but after a few seconds, I'm disconnected and a message pops up saying something like "this is a free session sponsored by www.teamviewer.com" and "thank you for respecting that", which I assume is related to this. Having read that post and the FAQ, it seems that the way I'm using TeamViewer could be classified as personal use, considering that I am not being financially compensated, neither directly, nor indirectly, as I would be using the computer solely for academic purposes (to use software and have access to files in the computer). One point made in this post was that university students have to pay tuition, so it counts as commercial, but public universities in Brazil are free, so that wouldn't be the case. I decided to ask in the forums before requesting an ID reset.

Thank you in advance

• gustinn2

@Esther 

Hi dear Esther.

I really dont understand what is the problem here. Now i have sent person to my home where the abroad computer is that i want to connect and together through skype live we have turned the computer there off and the teamviewer off and its still the same text about me being using for business use not private use.  I dont want to be angry but im getting pretty sad about the situation. And i feel very sad you dont have any direct chat connection in stead of message like this where have to wait long time to get help. And i never get personal reply on e mails on from the machine. You have private personal chat with sale apartment but not this kind of thing, it would be so good if you could change that. You say both IDS are open but it doesnt work that way. I am so sad, have been so happy with your service till this time, but now been out of chance to use the teamviewer and trying to get it fixed with you since around 20th of august.

Please can anyone Help me ?

@gustinn2 

• gustinn2

@Esther 

Why no reply? Please i ask for help

• gustinn2

are u not here for help?

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐

Hello @gustinn2,

The begining of this discussion has the details you need to fix your issue. The only way to return to personal use is to follow the included instructions. Once you review that information, if you're sure you still qualify for personal use, look for the "Request reset for a suspected commercial use" link. There you can complete a form so support can correct your system's ID being linked to suspected comercial usage.

-Cheers!

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.