Cannot unlock "Always on display" on Android S9+

queviko
queviko Posts: 2

Hi,

I can connect to my phone Galaxy S9+, but can't get around the always on display to enter my PIN code.

No way to make it detect a move and therefore asking for the PIN code. I've tried to swipe on the screen, click on the below square, enter keys via the virtual keyboard... nothing works...

How to fix this?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• queviko
    queviko Posts: 2
    No one? No ideas? Thanks
  • Mihka
    Mihka Posts: 3
    Hey man I was struggling with this too and I found the solution.

Make sure your notifications for Teamviewer Host are enabled!

Enable all the defaults but certainly enable the lock screen notifications.

Then when you attempt to connect to your device with Teamviewer it will wake up the screen and bring it to the normal lock screen instead of the always on display.

Took me forever to figure it out but no issues ever since.
  • Mihka

UPDATE!

Upgraded to the S10 and things are different. Harder to wake up the screen. Might have been a glitch because I discovered the following only after the most recent app update...

To wake-up the screen on S10 from a PC connect as normal then use the arrow keys and enter key to get passed the Always On Display or blank lock and bring up the media player or other accessible app from the lock screen. 

Once the screen wakes up login as normal.

If you don't have any lockscreen apps enabled (like media player, calendar, alarm) go into your phone settings and turn them on. Should be under the lock screen options.

• Do you mean Face Widget @Mihka ? I have activating all apps face widget on AOD. But on AOD I can't access them. Swipe around clock and display nothing happen. Should this problem caan fix with easy method.

• Mihka

@Septarina wrote:

Do you mean Face Widget @Mihka ? I have activating all apps face widget on AOD. But on AOD I can't access them. Swipe around clock and display nothing happen. Should this problem caan fix with easy method.

Yes it SHOULD be easy to fix but apparently it's not because the issue continues to happen. 

Right now I cannot unlock the device when I try to use TeamViewer mobile to mobile.

I can SOMETIMES unlock it going from PC to mobile. 

But the mobile-to-mobile option is my biggest use case so it really limits my usage of TeamViewer

• @Mihka

thanks, i had same problem on galaxy A50 and now i solved it.