Why Can't I Control my Android Device?

Answers

• TVchris
    TVchris Posts: 2

Hello,
    connection from Win10prof (Teamviewer 15.7.7) to Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T515NZSDDBT with Android-10, newest Quicksupport from PlayStore)) does not work. Samsung Knox is allowed, new installation didn't solve this behaviour.

Connection itself is established, but access to Galaxy's desktop is refused from Galaxy Tab, pls refer to attached screenshot:
    "Ihr Partner hat die Verbindungsanfrage abgelehnt"

How to get it working?

Thanks and best regards, Chris

https://i.imgur.com/1QsJwSL.jpeg 

• The phone always closes. The application "Google Play Service" crashed again. There comes "About applications" "Send feedback" "Closed applications". What is this? And how can I remove it. Thank you.

• md-
    md- Posts: 2 ✭✭

Which Add-on did you use? All addo-ns show incompatible today.

• md-
    md- Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am using android version 8.0.2 on my Shield. When I try to download, the play store says it is incompatible.

• I have 2 Samsung Devices.
    1 is a phone running Android 10 and i can remote control that device, however the other is a tablet running Android 7. When i connect to my tablet running TVQS i do not get the option to "Remote Control" this device. (There is no option for this)
    i have installed TVQuick Support
    Samsung Addon
    Universal Addon
    Android Addon
    None of which has made any difference... 

P.S. QS worked on the same tablet 2 weeks ago????

Please Help...
    Regards Wayne

• RobMahn
    RobMahn Posts: 0

I have a new Sony KD55X750H Android TV that came with TeamViewer Quick Support already installed.  When I launch, a pop-up says:

Add-On available - This device supports our Remote Control feature.  In order to use this feature, please download our free Add-On.

When I select "Download", it displays "TeamViewer Universal Add-On", but then below says "Your device isn't compatible with this version"

It is incorrectd to say an Add-On is available, and then say it is not compatible.

• Hi community,
    just try this one. Enable the option "Appear on top" within the app Info on the remote device afterwards you can see the screen of the tablet.

Regards,

Screenshot_20200821-140346_Settings[1].jpg

• darkod
    darkod Posts: 1

In your article "Universal Add-On for Android" at https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Universal-Add-On-for-Android/ta-p/98492# the step 5 is not clear:

Once you have installed the add-on please go to the Accessibility menu of your Android device and enable the Universal add-on Accessibility Service

After installation of Universal Add-On for Android this screen disappeared so it was not possible to find and enable this option anywhere.

Can you describe more precisely?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @darkod,

We did not insert any screenshot and precise information because this may vary from one manufacturer to the other. The important information you need to follow is that you need to access the Accessibility menu of your device (which exists in any Android device).

I hope this could help. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐

Hello @darkod ,

This was how I was able to access it...

Universal Add-On Accessibility Service.jpg

As @JeanK stated it may be different on your system, but hopefully this will guide you in the right direction.

-Cheers

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.
  • i have been folowing this thread as i cannot connect to my Samsung 10.1 2014 edition tablet for the last 2 weeks (previously it was ok) 
    My Samsung Note 9 is still OK
    as you can see from the att screen shots the tablet (top image) is missing the "remote control" option ????Teamview tablet.jpg

• Hi there,

I am trying to connect remotely to my disabled mom's Samsung tablet running Android 10. 

She is not capable of acceptingthe connection request so I need unattended remote access.

I cannot got the host app to function properly and the Samsung add-on won't install on the tablet.

Since the Universal android addon isn't compatible with the host app is there any other way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

thanks very much for your help.

Sarah

• Best regard.

I have installed the TeamViewer QuickSupport application, and it works well with the universal plug-in, it allows me to see and control my cell phone, without any problem, it works well.

Link the cell phone with the TeamViewer Host account, for faster access, but it only allows me to see, and does not allow me to remotely control my cell phone.

What can I do to allow me to do remote control, with the TeamViewer Host application, my cell phone is a motorola one fusion plus brand and model.

I appreciate your help.

• Doesn't work with either Xiaomi Note8T or Xiaomi Note 9S. The addon crashes and the screen just closes.

• Hello all,

Just installed TeamViewer Host on a TCL TV (Android) (Brand: TCL, Model: UnionTV). Could not install the ADD-ON to remote control the device. Now only screen sharing is enable. Will we have an add-on for this device? Thanks for helping.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @XumaBR,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

TCL is part of the supported manufacturers' list but is a partially supported manufacturer.

This means, we have developed Add-ons for the majority of TCL devices, but not for all TCL devices. I recommend you to uninstall and re-install the QuickSupport app and check if you are required to install an Add-on. If yes, it might work fine. If not, then there is most probably no Add-on for your device.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Supported manufacturers for remotely controlling Android devices 

I hope this could help.

Stay safe and sane! ?

Jean

Community Manager

• Xav0
    Xav0 Posts: 2

Is it possible, if we have the Xiaomi mobile added to our Teamviewer account as one more team, to access it without the user's permission? That is, any team that you have added in Teamviewer, if it is connected, you can access it remotely without confirmation, and this happens on PC and some mobiles ... Why doesn't it work on Xiaomi?
    I do not want QuickSupport and have to ask for the code and then enter the web start.teamviewer, enter and the user again has to manually accept remote access, no, I want to enter automatically as you enter a pc or a mobile without having to disturb the mobile user.
    Is that possible with Xiaomi? For now I have not found the way ... Teamviewer keeps loading and finally stops the attempt and does nothing. And if you specifically tell Teamviewer to access the device by password, it gives an error such as that the mobile is not connected to the internet ...
    On the other hand with QuickSupport everything is fine, but it is a nuisance for the user and more if he is not experienced.

• Sorry, I've seen TCL in the list.

Do you have a list of the models that are compatible with the universal add-on?

The problem is that for the brands that are partially compatible we dont have a list in order to know which one is going to work with teamviewer universal add-on.

For instance, the TCL 50C715 is not compatible.

I'd have enough with a list of brands that are fully compatible. Or the list that are partially compatible.

Thanyou for your help.

• BigEddieM37
    BigEddieM37 Posts: 1

Same issue. This issue was posted on August 2020. Anyone have ANY suggestions?

• Andy259
    Andy259 Posts: 0

Same issue here

• deatheros
    deatheros Posts: 1

same here

Xiaomi Mi Box S

• alexisayenko
    alexisayenko Posts: 2 ✭✭

Where is the addon for xiaomi mi box 4 ?

• mpazss
    mpazss Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi all, I have Teamviewer Host installed on my phone Xiaomi redmi9 for unattended control of the phone.

But when I connect to the phone from my PC, a message appears on the phone asking to "accept remote screen sharing".

I need the remote control of the phone to be completely unattended, is it possible to avoid the message that appears on the screen and automate the screen sharing?

On the phone teamviewer is configured to been allowed to run over other apps and no other permission was asked

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]

Hello @mpazss,

Xiaomi is not on our list of supported manufacturers.

You're, however, able to install our Universal Add-On to remotely control your Android device.

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• mpazss

ok, thanks

• mpazss

The problem is not the drivers or the need for an addon, the app works fine for remote control, the problem is that it always asks for confirmation to share the screen which prevents the task from being unattended.

Apparently this is a feature of Android 10+.

I know that the device model does not have TV support but I comment for others who have the same problem.

• Juriyx
    Juriyx Posts: 1

Hello. Can you please tell me which plugin do I need to install to remotely control Geotex GTX-R2i TV box (Android 7.0, AOSP)? I get the following message, when I try to setup access:

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,205 Moderator
    edited October 2021

Hi @Juriyx,

Thank you for contacting TeamViewer Community.

Please check if your Android device is part of the compatibility list just here : Supported Android devices for full remote control.

And also could you try to install Universal Add-on for Android please?

For more information, feel free to check the knowledge article - Universal Add-On for Android.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• Hi, same problem :-(

I've new Mi TV P1 43 with last Android TV. TV came with TeamViewer QuickSupport installed but when I start app say me to download Universal Add-On. I click to ok/download but in new window say that device isn't compatible. I also try to reinstall app and also Host app but same problem. Can you help me?