Logged in but Device not showing up in computers and contacts - always offline

jeffreywhunter
jeffreywhunter Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

On windows 10, latest updates.  I'm logged into my computer, teamviewer is loaded and sees other active computers, but my computer shows up as offline, even though I'm logged in.  How do I diagnose this?

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

There are a couple settings to check.

Options > Computers & Contacts Tab > Only partners in my list may see my online status...

Only partners see statusOnly partners see status

Options > Advanced Tab (click show advanced options) > Scroll down to Advanced settings for Computers and Contacts > Hide online status for this TeamViewer ID

Hide online statusHide online status

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • joe78man
    joe78man Posts: 2

As far as I know, that option is disabled by default.

In options - general .you will find the option to assign it to an account. There you add the current computer you are in to an account. Just add your computer to your account and there you go. It should show online. If it doesn't, your problem is different from mine

• dlengyel
    dlengyel Posts: 3

I had checked that.....everything you stated is unchecked.  It was fine this morning...then this afternoon, the problem appeared.  NO ONE had used the computer. 

• OK Succeeded this way:

1. Checked the all the things above without any changes to my situation.

2. Went to the My Computers list and next to the search box there is a menu with an item: "add remote computer"

3. Copied the TeamViewer ID from the "invisible" PC, wrote in the password which was showed next to the ID (maybe under), wrote in an alias (and you might want to write some description, too)

4. Clicked on "OK", Restarted the TV and voilá, the PC is in the list.

Hope can help out someone!

God bless you!

• GuidoS
    GuidoS Posts: 3 ✭✭

That worked only for one session. After restarting the remote laptop is was shown as offline.

@refsama wrote:

OK Succeeded this way:

1. Checked the all the things above without any changes to my situation.

2. Went to the My Computers list and next to the search box there is a menu with an item: "add remote computer"

3. Copied the TeamViewer ID from the "invisible" PC, wrote in the password which was showed next to the ID (maybe under), wrote in an alias (and you might want to write some description, too)

4. Clicked on "OK", Restarted the TV and voilá, the PC is in the list.

Hope can help out someone!

God bless you!

• @GuidoS did you manage a solution for this I have the same thing.

• meggem41
    meggem41 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have the same issue, Teamviewer was working just fine yesterday, and today I can't get into the remove PC "OFFLINE" What is going on? Is something that Teamviewer people are changing? or updating? Please advise