Another Web Monitoring license has already been activated on your TeamViewer account

We have a problem activating the Web Monitoring Custom licenses provided by your sales team. We’ve received 3 unique links for activating licenses, but only the first link worked without issues. When we try to activate the last two licenses by navigating other links, we always receive an error:
“Another Web Monitoring license has already been activated on your TeamViewer account”.
So, we can’t active all three Web Monitoring Custom licenses provided in email from the sales team. Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Karlen
    Karlen Posts: 89 [Former Staff]

Hi GaryPL

Thanks for using Web Monitoring! 

Sorry for inconvenience, probably sales forgot to warn you, but the Web Monitoring dislike the other Remote Mangement products allows only 1 license per account.  So in case you need to add more monitors your license will just be updated. Please contact our Sales in case the license you were provided don't covers your needs or in case you have any other license related questions.

Product Owner, Remote Management services
  • GaryPL
    GaryPL Posts: 4

Hi,
    Solution with using different accounts for different web monitoring licenses does not work for us. We need multiple monitors under one account and dashboard - just the same way we use them in our Monitis account.
    I discussed this topic with licensing manager and tech support and both agreed the solution with different accounts for each license activation does not work for us. Once again, I was told 3 weeks ago that they are contacting licensing/developer in Germany to fix the issue.
    Can you please provide the status of the fix or provide me with the contact information of the person who can help to resolve the issue.

• Karlen

Hi GaryPL,

As far as could understand you were using sub-accounts in Monitis right?

If yes were are working on the alike solution to have also in Web Monitoring, it is planned to be released at the end of October or the beginning of November.

If No please tell me what exact functionality you were using in Monitis so that I can understand whet to offer, or can you please describe your Use Case? 

• GaryPL

Hi Karlen,

Our current Monitis setup was configured under one account and consists of the following monitors:

- 2 uptime monitors with check frequency every 1 min from 3 different locations;

- 2 full page load monitors with check frequency every 20 mins from 2 different locations.

One Monitis sub-account was created after this initial setup with totally 4 monitors. Please see attached screenshot with the exact actual licensing information for our Monitis account.

Monitis.png

So what we actually want is to activate TeamViewer Web Monitoring licenses for basic and advanced monitors to get exactly the same setup we have under one account in Monitis: one account with multiple monitors.

• Karlen

Hi GaryPL,

Thanks for sharing the information,

to have the same monitors you have to buy a custom package that will include both Basic and Advanced monitors

Please follow this link - https://www.teamviewer.com/en/remote-management/request-quote/   Fill the number of monitors and the rest details you want to purchase. See attached Screenshot_60.png file

Concerning the sub accounts, this feature will be also available in Web Monitoring in very nearest future by combining the functionality of User Management and Monitors Collection sharing.

Screenshot_60.png

• GaryPL

Hi Karlen,
    If we must go through the new quote again with a custom package, what will happen to our current custom Web Monitoring licenses that we were unable to activate under our TeamViewer account for more than a month? Will you cancel those licenses and should we expect a refund for them?

• Karlen

Hi GaryPL,

The licenses usually get upgraded, but your case is other, I will recommend you to talk with Sales, they have all the permissions to cancel or chargeback and upgrade