An error occurred while updating TeamViewer. error code 12007

Hi,
I am a free license user from PSU and one of my lab's PC's team viewer fail to up date with the error message:

An error occurred while updating TeamViewer. Please check log file for more information.

In the log file I find this input is relevant to the failed update.

UpdateBaseOnDownload Finish () Failed. CInetDownloadThreadRun Error Send Sequence 12007 Error Code 12007

Any suggestion what should I do to resolve this issue?
It turns out only one computer failed to update to TeamViewer 15 and stuck at TeamViewer 14.2. We are simply a university and I seriously doubt that the department will be willing to pay $200 a month for the full support because it only saves the students from walking up to the computer to run their experiments or do data transfers. Offer me some alternative license option here that I can brought up to my supervisor for a purchase and of course some solutions.

Tagged:

Comments

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐

Hello @lpt5154,

That error usually indicates a network issue with the system. Run some network tests on that system to make sure everything is running correctly. You could also try downloading the latest version and installing it that way. https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/download/

Cheers!
    -Josh

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.
  • jmitch
    jmitch Posts: 7 ✭✭

I'm getting the same error message and I am running TeamViewer 15.18.5 (64 Bit) on Windows 10 with 21H1 update installed. The log file seems to show a 12002 error code. I have checked my network and it appears to be working properly, even rebooted it to make sure. I have uninstalled TeamViewere and reinstalled it, but the problem persists and now a second one of my computers is having the same issue. TeamViewer seems to connect properly to other computers on my LAN, but just won't check for updates when I go to HELP>CHECK FOR NEW VERSION. I'm nopt great at reading the log file and I can't attach it as it is a txt file nor can I copy it into a message as it is too many characters.

Other computers on my LAN with the same version of TeamViewer are able to correctly check for updates, but it started with just one computer with the issue and has now spread to a second one. Looking for any suggested fixes

• jmitch
    jmitch Posts: 7 ✭✭

I have tried the suggestions above with no success and have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version with the same issues. I also removed TeamViewer froim my Windows 10 Registry and reinstalled, but that did not fix the issue either. I'm at a loss as to what to try next. TeamViewer does connect (although a bit slower than other machines at times) and is usable except I 'm not sure it will keep up with updates on the two machines that have this problem. I wonder if it could be something on the TeamViewer Server that is not recognizing these two machine identities.