TeamViewer keeps crashing

gustavosalvador
gustavosalvador Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

I use TeamViewer 11 and lately it keeps crashing, usually when I'm using the chat. I get an appcrash message saying that the fault module name is mshtml.dll. Uh, it did start happening after I changed my Windows 8 x64 to Windows 7 x64. Wonder if it has something to be with it? Anyone has ever seen something like that before?

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english.

Best Answer

Answers

• gustavosalvador
    gustavosalvador Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hey @Reyhan,

Thanks for your attention.

I reinstalled TeamViewer and the problem has stopped. If it happens again, I'll do what you recommended. Thanks again!

• Bartmoon
    Bartmoon Posts: 1

I have followed this crashing pattern over a number of machines.  Win 10 x64 (Ent. Pro, Preview) all machines are up to date..  I can replicate this problem everyting with the instation of Java 8 v141. x64 while connected to TV 11.  it crashes then the machine with TV 11 .76421  All the machines have Nvidia cards had a machine come in today with intel graphics card..  once the machine is rebooted, the TV is very unstable and I am rebooting them daily to get back into them. I hope a resolution can be found quickly this is very troublesome, and alot of driving.

• I had the same problem on Windows 10, but uninstall reainstall of teamviewer did not help. Instead I uninstalled IE11 and reinstalled it, that fixed the problem.

Since it is not intuitive to uninstall IE11, here is how, go to control panel then programs, then select "turn windows features on or off", locate "Internet Explorer 11", and uncheck it. At this point you can test if you can exit Teamviewer with out crashing... If it works, you can re-enable "Internet Explorer 11", which will reinstall it, and Teamviewer should still continue working.

Ray.

• hey yes keeps crashing atleast few times a day pls fix