Install limit reached. Replace existing device.

Can't you make some changes in the algorithm for system detection? I get that you have to make some money... and I understand to a point, that I have to replace a device if I reinstall the OS. But... for an SSD upgrade to a larger version... with the old OS cloned, to ask me to replace a device... I think that is just **bleep**. It's the same device... the same user...What if the videocard or the motherboard will broke... Is not even my fault or my desire to replace them. Then I have to replace a device again... and again. Computer do get broken or obsolete over time.

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @katero,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

A new device installation is only required if a new TeamViewer ID is generated on your device.

Usually, a TeamViewer ID should not change.

More info here: 

However, if major updates are done on the hard- or software of the device, a new ID might be generated. There is, unfortunately, no way to prevent this.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• katero
    katero Posts: 2 ✭✭

ok... and after the number of replacements is depleted? I have to close the subscription and buy it again?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

If you have already used all your moves, you need to contact our customer support to explain the case and get your moves reset.

You can contact our support via the following contact data: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact/ 

I hope this could help. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager