We are moving!

Options
Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited May 2023 in Announcements

Hi all!

When we planned to launch the TeamViewer Community 4 years ago, we didn't even dare to hope that it will be so influential today.

But it is - Thanks to you all!

Now, it is is time for the Community to go one step further, and I am excited to let you know that the team and I have been working on a large project:
After intense research, testing, discussions, and evaluation, we decided to move the Community to a new platform! 

Post-1703x630.jpg

Besides remarkable changes in the look and feel, the new Community will provide you with more straightforward navigation, a better user experience, and some great new features.

Moving a large Community like ours is a bold step - no question! But I am convinced that everyone will benefit from this move and that it brings us further towards our goal to provide the best possible support for all TeamViewer users.

I created a small FAQ to answer some of the questions you might have:

What about my user account? Do I need to create a new one?

We are going to migrate all your accounts to the new platform. As usual - those accounts are based on your TeamViewer Accounts. You can continue using your current account to log into the new Community.

What about all the articles, questions, and answers? Will they be deleted?

We will keep all existing content from all boards and Knowledge Bases for you. The new Community won't be empty.

When are we going to move the Community?

The migration will take place in Q4 2020 - we will GO LIVE on December 8th, 2020

Will there be downtime?

During the migration, the current community will be in a read-only mode

This downtime is limited to the Community, and it does not affect any other TeamViewer services like your TeamViewer connections.

What about the other languages?

The new Community will be available in all 6 languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, and Chinese).

What is the name of the new platform provider?

The new vendor's name is Vanilla Forums. They provide a feature-rich, secure, and user-friendly platform we will be using going forward.

I will keep you posted on this project, and I can't wait to see the new Community going live!

Thanks for your support and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

Comments

• Esther
    Options

Hi all,

The moving day to a new Community platform is coming closer: and we are excited to announce that we will GO LIVE on December 8th, 2020!

We are currently working on preparing the new platform to assure you all feel home from day one.

I will keep you posted about the exact timing and what else to keep in mind in the next days.

I updated the above FAQ accordingly.

Best,
    Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther
    Options

Hi all,

In 7 days from now, we are going live with the brand-new community.

Now it´s time for some prepping work. Let´s roll up our sleeves and get the job done ?

We want to migrate all posts, questions, answers, solutions, comments, images, and all user accounts from this community to the new one. Therefore, I will put our community on read-only mode to not lose anything on

Sunday, December 6th, 2020, at 1 pm CET.

What does read-only mode mean for you?

• The community remains open for all of you, and all articles and posts are available and readable.
    • However, starting on Sunday at 1 pm CET, you can not post questions or answers or comments in our community, and you cannot give Kudos until we go live with the new community.
    • The migration work will end on Tuesday, December 8th, 2020, with the new community's GO-LIVE. (I have not a definitive timeline for you at the moment.)
    • We will make sure to put re-directs in place that once you click on any community link, you get to the new community automatically. And once there, you can start posting again ?
    • The main community URL stays the same: community.teamviewer.com

Important information for all community members:

• We will not be able to migrate your bookmarks. Please save your bookmarks somewhere else and set them on the new community again.
    • Currently, I cannot promise you that we can keep all your subscriptions. Please save the links to your favorite threads in your browser to subscribe to them again next week.
    • We are confident that we can migrate and keep all private messages. But to better be safe than sorry: if you have some private messages you do not want to lose, I recommend making screenshots or saving the content of the private messages somewhere else.
    • If you pinned (=floated) topics for better navigation, please save the links to those separately as we most likely can´t migrate these individual settings.
    • We are going to migrate all your accounts to the new platform. As usual - those accounts are based on your TeamViewer Accounts. You can continue using your current account to log into the new community.

I will put an announcement on all community pages later this week to ensure that everyone gets all information. We also update our status page for the maintenance work, put a banner on our Support page on teamviewer.com, and update Twitter on our project!

With these measures, we hope that all our members are getting the info about the upcoming migration.

As stated earlier, no other TeamViewer services are affected by the community move.

I am very excited about this project and can´t wait to see our new community in action!

See you there next week,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther
    Options

Hi all,

Thank you all for your help in making this migration a smooth project!

After hitting Send for this post, I will put our community in a read-only mode as announced earlier.

Please feel free to read all posts in this thread to get all the info you need. Our Status page is reflecting the maintenance mode as well - and no worries: No other TeamViewer services are affected by this migration.

Thanks again and see you all in our new community next week!

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

This discussion has been closed.