Samsung Knox and TeamViewer

124»

Comments

• ERAG
    ERAG Posts: 10 ✭✭

We have more than 200 Samsung Devices and the problem with Teamviewer Host still exists.
    Looks like we have to look for a new solution. The problem existed for months!

• AdobeFelix
    AdobeFelix Posts: 10 ✭✭

Seeing the same.  Here is the dialog that opens when a Teamviewer Host session has been opened to the Android 10 device.

https://storage.googleapis.com/support-forums-api/attachment/message-13800478-**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs****Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.png 

We're using Galaxy Tab A 8 devices from 2019 - this was not a problem under Android 9

Once the "Start Now" button is pressed it works for us, but we no longer have 24/7 access

• JustSumGuy
    JustSumGuy Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited December 2020

So this is still not worked out then?

I just found it as I was prepping new tablets to deploy into the field.

TeamViewer Host seems to be no longer functional as a 24/7 tech tool.

even after I "Start now" I cannot control the tablet as it does not seem to accept mouse clicks as input.

EDIT: I got the mouse to work but not keyboard input. Have not found a way to get permissions to allow unattended access.

• ERAG
    ERAG Posts: 10 ✭✭

Now we have the 1st February 2021 and Teamviewer QuickSupport still not working on Samsung Knox Tablets.

We have black screen on Samsung Tab A7 and other Tab A Samsung Tablets. We are more and more dissatisfied and are looking for a new solution. 👎️

• w4lter
    w4lter Posts: 7 ✭✭

so... since 12/2019 there is absolut no WAY to control the work profile aka android enterprise on samsung devices.

it is possible to control apps at the work profile if the user opens a app, but on the app screen the control freezes again.

it seems that teamviewer is no aware of this issue, it is really frustrating to support samsung devices with android enterprise and teamviewer... and of top of that, no reaction from teamviewer here in the discussion...

• Mikez2009
    Mikez2009 Posts: 1

Bump...

Does anyone know if there is a resolution to this issue? I am still unable to connect to our android phones that have teamviewer installed under mobileiron managed work profile.

I am running the newest quick support on the google play store and connecting from Teamviewer on my pc (version 15.25.5)

• CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 2 ✭✭

@tw_mama I'm nearly two years late seeing this - but I just worked through the same issue. I'm in a similar situation to yours - I'm remote tech support for my disabled father.

Before I came to this solution, I had downloaded the Quick Support and the Team viewer universal add-on apps to my Dad’s phone. I had enabled all TeamViewer apps which had permissions (the add-ons do not require any) with all the permissions possible in the apps settings of the phone. I don’t know if any of that (other than downloading quick support) aided me in my ultimate solution – so background for you if the below doesn’t work on its own.

Use your computer to log into the remote device (rather than your cell phone) via the "quick support" app (rather than "host" app). Once in there, go to the phone’s settings and use the "search" to get to "Direction Lock". Toggle that "on" and the screen will go black but - unlike when I was using my phone - on the computer a number pad will pop up so you can put in the pin. Then you will be allowed to set up a direction swipe pattern to unlock the phone. After doing that, end the quick support connection and let the phone go sleep/lock itself over time. Once it does, use “Host” to get in and, when you get to that black screen, use your swipe pattern to unlock the phone.

I hope this helps everyone!