New TeamViewer Meetings!

RyanVonEss
RyanVonEss Posts: 21 Staff member 🤠
edited May 2023 in Announcements

Hi all,

The New TeamViewer Meetings is here!

Released on December 16th, 2020, TeamViewer 15.13 will include a new and improved meeting experience.

New features, mobile apps, and a simplified meeting interface. Plus, all licensed users will now be able to host meetings at the same time.

The December update of TeamViewer will include new meeting functionality. Most notably the meeting interface has been replaced with a horizontal toolbar along with other interface improvements.

Meetings are also available to all licensed users. This allows all licensed users to host meetings at the same time without using up a remote connection channel

Meet on the move using the TeamViewer Meeting iOS and Android mobile apps to host and join meetings from a mobile device. Licensed users can now host computer audio (VoIP) and phone dial-in participants in the same meeting. 

Bring everyone together in large meetings with an organizer-assigned meeting license to host meetings with 50, 100, or 300 participants. These licenses are available as an add-on.

The new TeamViewer Meeting comes with a lot of new features. However, we had to remove Whiteboard and Filebox due to incompatibility with the new technology. Customer feedback on this will be closely monitored and reviewed for planning.

📌Important to note is that meetings hosted on TeamViewer 15.13 can only be joined by participants with the same version. Meetings hosted on TeamViewer 15.12 or below should be joined from the corresponding QuickJoin app. Please see the below link on TeamViewer Meeting compatibility for more information on this topic.

TeamViewer is committed to connecting people and enhancing remote collaboration. The 15.13 update sets a new standard of collaboration available within the TeamViewer application. 2021 will see new features added and meeting quality continuously improved. Update today and download the mobile app to experience the new and improved meeting functionality.

TeamViewer 15.13 new meeting functionality

• iOS and Android Mobile Apps
  • Mix phone dial In and computer(app) audio in the same meeting
  • HD Video of up to 720p
  • Meeting reports noting which participants joined and for how long they have joined
  • Mute all participants who are already in the meeting as well as new participants joining the meeting.
  • Meeting and TeamViewer licenses can now be managed from the same management console

Additional information

Thanks and best,

Ryan

Comments

• IT_Minitubes
    IT_Minitubes Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2020

Hello,

Sorry but impossible to use QuickJoin app when you use the Teamviewer QJ (if you have the client installed or not), you have loop messages "Please use the Teamviewer app to join this meeting. Click "Join" to continue." If you click to "Join" => the message reappears.

For the moment not all users are in 15.3.6 they are still in 15.12.4.C.😥

In the management console we are not be able to see the Teamviewer version used by computers. So it's really difficult for us to have all users with the same exact version at the same time. And we don't know how many hours or days it will take...

Do you have any advice for us to manage updates as well as possible ?

• RyanVonEss

Hi there IT_Minitubes,

The below article provides guidance around different versions of QJ but ideally all participants should update to the latest version of TeamViewer to the best meeting experience.

All the best,

Ryan

• TyRussell
    TyRussell Posts: 1

What alternative do you recommend to the lost FileBox functionality?

• RyanVonEss

Hi @TyRussell, I would suggest sharing files before a meeting either via the share file functionality in the chat or the file transfer as part of the Quick Connect drop down option. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ryan

• Jiffy
    Jiffy Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hey Ryan,

what about the los "hand over mouse control" function? Is there any alternative?

Greets,

Jiffy.

• RyanVonEss

Hi @Jiffy this is available as part of the Remote Control functionality.

Regards,

Ryan

• brianrdj
    brianrdj Posts: 2 ✭✭

Why does the OBS virtual camera (ver 26.1.0) 64-bit windows cause the video feed to lock up on the host computer and only show white screen on iOS TVM app? Are TVM and OBS not compatible using the built in virtual camera?

• Hi there, I am also looking for an answer to this question: where is "hand over mouse control" function? Can you tell us more about this Remote Control functionality? how can we enable it? How can a participant to the meeting ask for control? How can the organizer allow control?

I use TV for remote support and pair programming - without remote control live gets really hard!

• RonPJr
    RonPJr Posts: 1
    edited December 2020

Losing the ability to give mouse/keyboard control to meeting participants is significant. Having to use remote control is not a satisfactory alternative. Is it possible to use a previous version of teamviewer that allows participants to take control of mouse/keyboard? How do I rollback or get an older version?

Thanks

• oneiltech
    oneiltech Posts: 3 ✭✭

Our sales team is unhappy with the loss of the ability to easily choose multiple applications to share at once. If there is an ability to roll back to an earlier version, we'd love that as well. I have shown them how they can select an application to share, but each time they want to switch to something new to show it is clunky and the demonstrations lose their effectiveness. They need to be able to easily switch between a few applications without needing to share their entire desktop or multiple screens.

• iamrommel
    iamrommel Posts: 1

Our team is very UNHAPPY that this "allow mouse and keyboard" on participant is gone. Boo for this release!

• Ipsen
    Ipsen Posts: 1 [Former Staff]

Hi Marius, what Ryan meant is that the "hand over mouse control" function have been removed from the meeting app and should be used in a Remote control session as RonPJr mentioned.

We advise against using older versions since we are always improving our security and performance. With that said you can find old versions for download here https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/previous-versions/

I also want to thank everyone in this thread for the feedback, and we of course take it into consideration moving forward.

• EPRAU
    EPRAU Posts: 4 ✭✭

Please help me to cancel my license. There is no way to make a TICKET from your platform. I'm still paying bills for a service I COULDN'T NOT CANCEL!!!!!

• KMCDagus
    KMCDagus Posts: 14 ✭✭

+1 UNHAPPY 😥 removing "allow mouse and keyboard" on the meeting participants

• HenrikHoyer
    HenrikHoyer Posts: 3 ✭✭

Worst "feature" ever. Please please restore the existing meeting functionally asap. This "new experience" is way to limited, alot of existing features dont work any more

• HenrikHoyer

Do you plan to refund existing customers who cannot use the new version due to the missing features?

• HenrikHoyer

Where is the "online mode" / "Browser version" ???

• RyanVonEss

Hi @EPRAU

To create a TeamViewer Meeting support ticket, please call our customer support team using the number from the 'Give us a call' link found in the Services dropdown menu.

Regards,

Ryan

• RyanVonEss

Hi @HenrikHoyer,

The browser based Meeting functionality was removed in December 2019. We are planning to add this functionality back but currently do not have a fixed timeline for this.

Regards,

Ryan

• Andreas_TEC_68
    Andreas_TEC_68 Posts: 2 ✭✭

That is a step backwards... the meeting function is absolut useless for our Dep.

Fix it or lose customers

Regards

Andreas

• RyanVonEss

Dear All,

I have some great news to share: We are in the final phase of testing the remote control functionality within meetings. The feature is being called Allow control going forward.

It is planned to have this functionality available in the next update which will be released next week. 

How to receive the update?

If your client is set to install new updates automatically, you will receive this update within approximately 7 days.

Alternatively, you can check for the new version manually after we post our Change Log here: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/categories/change-logs-en

You can also lookout for the update icon next to the Feedback button in the header bar in the client.

The Allow control feature will only be available to TeamViewer customers 

• with a Business, Premium, Corporate or Tensor plan
    • with a Meeting100 or Company license for TeamViewer Meeting, the standalone meeting product

Important to know is that activating Allow Control in meeting will consume a channel. Hosting a meeting without using remote control will not consume a channel.

We invite our free users to use TeamViewer for Remote Control for performing remote control.

Kind regards,

Ryan