How do I cancel your subscription - there is no information anywhere

Based on what I read on Trustpilot, I have immediately decided that I will not be using Teamviewer the next year (2022), even though I will use the existing (purchased) license this year (2021).

It is known to me that I have to cancel the automatic renewal (which is illegal in some countries).

I want to cancel automatic renewal right away as I read that you do not even send a notification. I am strongly convinced this is true given the fact that my initial buying experience was the worst I have ever encountered.

How do I cancel your automatic renewal - IMMEDIATELY - and keep the current license running for the 2021 until it expires?

Comments

• EPRAU
    EPRAU Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have the same problem. I think this is totally illegal. There is no way to cancel the license, no possible to make a ticket. I'm considering taking legal actions from Spain.

• I have created a contract cancellation of renewal support ticket now. That is 364 days in advance, which exceeds their 28-day advance notification.

• EPRAU
    EPRAU Posts: 4 ✭✭

How did do you that? I can't find the way to submit a ticket!! Please help

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hello,

Thank you for your post😊

As @pppppppppppppppppp mentioned earlier, in order to request the cancellation, we kindly ask you to do it in written form, which is easiest via the ticket system. Please ensure you are logged in with your Licensed Account, and you will be taken to the support portal where you can submit a ticket by clicking on the New Support ticket. You can simply call our support team as well if you have a business/Premium/Corporate/Tensor license.

Regarding TeamViewer subscriptions, the license does renew unless canceled prior, as stated on the bottom of the original invoice.

Thanks in advance for your understanding. Hope this will be helpful 😌

Best,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • No it is not helpful - I have submitted 3 tickets so far and none of them has been answered after 8 days now!

• I have now created 3 tickets to cancel the billing for the next year. None of them is answered. This is the worst support I have ever PAID FOR! Never again you will see my money.

I have already submitted tickets through the page:

No answer whatsoever!

• I have now written 4th support ticket and after 9 days there is still no reply! What exactly am I paying for????????

• pppppppppppppppppp
    pppppppppppppppppp Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited January 2021

I have submitted 4 support tickets to cancel my billing which is fully paid for. Where is the answer?

To others considering purchase - support never replies to requests. If you pay for this you are making a huge mistake. Don't ever give them your credit card number as the system doesn't have any option to cancel billing. I looked hard to find it - it is not there. The only way to cancel is to submit support ticket - to which they never reply.

Stay away this company. There are alternatives! Teamviewer used to be good, but on 2020 and 2021 it is shady business. Instead of fulfilling the billing cancellation request, they send "debt collector" notices.

• JayneM
    JayneM Posts: 4 ✭✭

I am getting the same issue with their terrible support. I tried calling in desperation and was treated like a **bleep**. The operator kept repeating that I had no paid for support and she was going to cut the call. I tried hard to explain that this was THEIR error not mine and that I had no need to pay for support but she just cut the call. So ignorant.

Now I have to sit on here and wait for them to eventually answer queries and I can see lots of other people having the same problem with them.

I am buying an alternative solution because TV are simply terrible.

Thanks for sharing your poor experience with us.

• AfromNY
    AfromNY Posts: 1

I was able to submit a support ticket to cancel a subscription that expires in March 2021, my employer is paying for remote service now with another company. No need for me to spend $ on duplicate services.. Based on others comments I am also trying to follow up with a call to customer service. So far was on hold for over 45 minutes, went from #8 to #1 in queue and of course got disconnected. I will update any progress that I make.