Allow Control

paigedonnithorne
paigedonnithorne Posts: 1
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

On the newest version of TeamViewer 15.13.6 when in a meeting with multiple participants where is the feature to assign a participant control?

Answers

• RyanVonEss
    RyanVonEss Posts: 21 Staff member 🤠

Hi @paigedonnithorne, we have removed this functionality due to incompatibility with the new Meeting technology and because this is available as part of the Remote Control functionality.

Regards,

Ryan

• kingohen
    kingohen Posts: 1

Unfortunately I didn't disable automatic upgrade. You couldn't imagine my surprise when this meeting feature was taken away because of the update.

The bottom line here is that taken it away has crippled my ability to work with my co-workers online!

Please put this feature back especially since it is the only reason why I purchased my license in the first place.

With remote control, I can't watch and participate with my co-worker working on my computer.

If you don't want to put it back, please tell me how to downgrade back to older version 15.10.5.

Regards;

Kingsley

• This functionality was available before but with the newest release one cannot ask for control permission.

Was this intentionally removed? Is there another way to allow a participant to work with me on my PC?

• SystemSupport
    SystemSupport Posts: 1
    edited December 2020

hi

we need the remote control function for our meeting very urgently. 

or a downgrade link

• Denis_Abramchuk
    Denis_Abramchuk Posts: 2 ✭✭

same problem second person cannot control my computer. feature has been removed?

• CarlRoyKing
    CarlRoyKing Posts: 2 ✭✭

Teamviewer! Fix this! this is a Critical function for my PS team!!!

And WHY WHY WHY did you deploy during Christmas Break???

CarlRoyKing VO1ROY
  • Tomasz_D
    Tomasz_D Posts: 0

Hello. How to allow organizer or other participants to remote controle during the meeting? It was possible in old version of the meeting - but today I can only more the coursor with my name, but I can't remote control a desktop of other participants presenting their screen. Pls help.

• AshleyCresswell
    AshleyCresswell Posts: 17 ✭✭

Hi Ryan,

Please could you advise on TV's plans regarding this feature element removal? This is a key feature of Meetings for our teams.

Thanks

• reureu
    reureu Posts: 1

I don't know who decided to remove this feature from TeamViewer Meetings, but that was a very bad decision.

Not even mentioning the new UI...

That makes TeamViewer pretty useless, and it means we will need to use MS-Teams instead.

• AshleyCresswell

Hi @Esther,

Is there any assistance you can offer on this situation?

Thanks

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi Ashley - I think @RyanVonEss will be happy to have a look once he is back from his vacation. Thanks and best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• ESDH
    ESDH Posts: 2 ✭✭

Removing allow control from the TeamViewer is crippling for our way of working together in my company.

It is a deal breaker, and we are now in the market for another solution.

I strongly recommend you to analyze and understand your customers' needs better in the future, before doing something like this!

• ingenia_mirco
    ingenia_mirco Posts: 1
    edited January 2021

Dear Ones,

I really hope this decision is an unfortunate and temporary one, removing a feature for technical reason can't be excuseable.

We decided to invest more in TeamViewer for its feature and allowing participants to actively interact with other's machine was a crucial one, just because we use it for remote group training with our customers' users.

If not, I can do the same with the free **Information removed as per Community Guidelines**, just to not name some other solution.

Please let a product manager know of it and give feedback.

Mirco

• Hi,

in a meeting we will change the presentator sometimes. That works, but how can I get control over the presentators machine? Similar to Teams it would be good to have the possibility to ask to take over control of the presentators machine. Currently I can only point on the presentators machine, but this is not enough.

• QCoach
    QCoach Posts: 0

Teamviewer...

Can you tell us if you plan to bring this functionality back or should we all just cancel our memberships now? I understand it's currently incompatible, is this permanent or will you address this situation? Please let us know!

• AshleyCresswell

Hi @Esther

No response from @RyanVonEss as yet and a growing number of other customers also unhappy.

Please could you advise upon the next steps to escalate this?

Thanks in advance.

• would just like to add my frustration to this thread, scheduled a meeting for the new year (yesterday), come to join the meeting and all the control features i was using in last version are now gone.

i cannot feasibly use the standard remote control for these sessions, as i'd need to get 6+ users to install teamviewer and connect to the ID and password. these users are rarely able to action installs so useless there...

it looks like teamviewer has just bought and absorbed some other video conferencing software (blizz?) and simply cast off their own fully functional meeting software.

I'm afraid i'll quite possibly be suggesting a move to other software that allows for email invites and remote control unless this feature is being re-added. i have had to rearrange sw for 10+ meetings now due to this...

• drewdalton1
    drewdalton1 Posts: 1

Very unhappy about this change. We only allow people assigned in our company portal to remote into our machines. We used meetings to allow vendors to connect and give them control in the meeting. I have been using paid Teamviewer for years. You are losing me.

• jiri_holec
    jiri_holec Posts: 1

After installing the update that you released during December 2020, remote control of the presenter's computer from connected PCs stopped working. This feature was absolutely essential in order to subscribe to your product for the next period. You have committed fraud on us and harmed us as a customer. If you are contrary to EU law, we demand the immediate return of this function. You have not warned us in advance that you will limit the functionality of the product to 50%.

jh

Your Beliefs: Customer First

We believe in customer first. We want to be the easiest company to work with, from first contact to long-lasting mutual partnership.

... chachacha ....

P.S. I also send this message to all members of the Executive Board, Senior Leadership Team and Supervisory Board of your company.

• ions
    ions Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited January 2021

I just installed the latest update and to my surprise this feature has been removed. The control feature was extremely useful during meetings. I would say 50% of the value of the meetings was able to switch back and forth and allow control.

Microsoft Teams has this feature and I think we will use that until this feature is put back into place.

Thanks

• AshleyCresswell

Hi @RyanVonEss,

Thank you for your acknowledgment and response to all.

Please could you put me in touch with my account manager to discuss a cost reduction until a resolution or decision has been reached.

Thanks

Ashley

• hans-wurst
    hans-wurst Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello TV, please tell your CEOs and Shareholders that we underclass people need this function. have mercy - big money.

• SEMA_Admin
    SEMA_Admin Posts: 2 ✭✭

Just had a call with your customer support.

Long story about TeamViewer and Blizz.

To be honest... we don`t care about Blizz or anything of this story.

You removed essential features and most probably they won`t be coming back.

Right now I made the ticket to cancel our subscription of 8 Lines...

The bad thing about this is... we have to pay for a useless software for another 7 months.

🤬

• Andreas_TEC_68
    Andreas_TEC_68 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2021

nothin more to say ... we will use **Information removed as per Community Guidelines** in the future...

Change this bad decision our lose customers...

• AshleyCresswell

Hi @RyanVonEss ,

I've not received any response to my last post, please could you advise.

Thanks

Ashley

• ESDH
    ESDH Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2021

Dear Mr. @RyanVonEss

As you have probably noticed by the overall vibe in this thread, this is not something, that should take you too long to deliberate.

We need to know if you will be reintroducing this absolutely essential TeamViewer feature - or not.

If not, we will be forced to cancel our subscription with you.

Best regards!

• Pacek
    Pacek Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

How can I support my customers with that piece of **bleep** (Blizz)? I need to provide an online meetings and trainings to my customers with desktop interaction. I'm very dissapointed and I need solution how to downgrade TeamViewer to version, where desktop integration was working properly. I'm using Corporate edition and deploying TV via GPO and MSI package.

Cheers

• VoHammel
    VoHammel Posts: 4 ✭✭

We're planning a GoLive of a new ERP soon. Due to Covid and the need to keep distance we're using Teamviewer Meetingto educate our staff in homeoffice.

After removing the possibilty to allow control you killed the whole eduction programm.

It's not possible to check the learning progress anymore!

@RyanVonEss please hurry up with your announced decision process!

In the meantime we are checking alternative software packages - we'll see who is faster in decision making.