Remote control only works in one direction

I'm trying to connect two MacBooks (2020 M1 Air to 2013 Intel Pro Retina), but I can only initiate a remote session from the Pro to the Air, not the other way around. They're both assigned to my TeamViewer account and allow easy access, in addition to sharing all the same settings as far as I can tell. Does anyone know what I should check, and how one computer can contact the other, but not the other way around?

Thank you!

A. Curran

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @acurran6,

Do you have any error message or behavior of the software you could share to understand better the situation?

What happens when you try to connect to other way around?

Community Manager

• acurran6
    acurran6 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi Jean,

When I try to connect the other way, it simply says ‘Connecting...’ but never does. It doesn’t give an error message, just never manages to connect to other computer even after leaving it for several minutes. In the other direction, it immediately asks me if I want to accept the request.

A

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @acurran6,

In this case, a reinstallation of the software on both devices would be the best try.

Community Manager

• I am having the same / similar problem - one way works fine but not the other. When I am connected and controlling the "other" computer I can see the other computer's desktop but I cannot see any files on the desktop nor am I able to open any file menus, etc.....My friend on the other computer can see my cursor and his moving at the same time but that's it. When giving him permission to control MY computer, it works fine. I'm running Mac OS 10.13.6 and he's running 11.0.1. Any advice? We've already reinstalled the free version on both machines and all settings match. We are not receiving any error messages.

• acurran6
    acurran6 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I reinstalled TeamViewer on both computers, but I'm still unable to connect from the M1 Air to the Pro.

• vsb1357
    vsb1357 Posts: 0

I have the same issue. I have a few computers added to my account. I can connect from a certain computer to all, but none can connect to the that computer. When I want to connect, I get a message that says 'Connecting...', but never does and simply times out. The problematic computer runs on Ubuntu Bionic, and I suspect maybe that has something to do with it. But on the same computer I never had an issue like that for a long time up until a couple of months ago when suddenly the issue appeared. And uninstalling/reinstalling it on both sides didn't help.