Display Pure Black Screen & no remote cursor instead of Teamviewer image

Options
Ryan89
Ryan89 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2021 in General questions

With previous versions of this software, disabling remote input and showing black screen would result in a complete black screen on the target computer. From the target computer, it would appear as if the machine or the screen was off.

With the current version of Teamviewer, this does not occur. Instead the remote cursor remains visible on the target machine and the Teamviewer stock black image is shown with some text (like a screen saver). Although this may be useful for some, for our purposes we prefer to display a completely black screen without the cursor being visible on the target machine. Is this possible?

Also, when black screen is enabled, any attempt to screen capture does not work. Instead the screen capture or snip will only capture the black screen with the TeamViewer image. When application such as MS Snip and Sketch is enabled, the entire window reverts to the black screen on the remote computer. The only way to properly screen capture is to disable the black screen which is an inconvenient work around. Is there a fix or setting for this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐
    Options

Hi @Ryan89

Have you tried to enable the Wake On Lan feature to the remora machine?

You can find detailed informations in this related link.

Thank you.

• Ryan89
    Ryan89 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

@Vatsilidis I am not sure that Wake On Lan feature is related to this issue. We have not had this enabled with previous version prior where the mentioned issues did not occur. It will take some time before this can be configured and looking for alternative suggestions.

• joscva
    joscva Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

I came here about the same issue. I have discovered that using my laptop on my desk, which is off to the left of me, has caused some bad ergonomic issues for me. The keyboard/mouse that are good ergonomically, are on my desktop. I want to use teamviewer to just remote control the laptop instead of hurting my wrists/arms to use it off to the left. But instead of a black screen, there is this TeamViewer image and the cursor still moves, which is very distracting in my peripheral vision. I really want to just close the lid entirely but of course then, TeamViewer won't work at all to control it. WoL has nothing to do with this at all - the laptop is not asleep. I just want primarily to hide the cursor on the remote machine, but I would love to also have a purely black screen if possible.