Remote Support between my desktop and relatives devices

JimHR
JimHR Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have used TV to help my stepfather who is 90 years old use a samsung tablet we bought him. His partner id comes up on my screen when I log in to TV support. Ido not want to lose that as he will find it difficult to reconnect us. My issue now is also supporting my grandchildren in school work at home. we have given them our older laptop and configured ti for them. However in testing tv connection with them the management screen comes up with my stepfather id and password and does not seem to want me to enter the laptop of the granchildren. Strangely when I open my screen ti says laptop free but I am onthe desktop. If I install a new download on TV will that lose my stepfathers partner id and paswword on my deskttop?

Is there another solution within the free version?

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @JimHR,

I recommend you to save the TeamViewer ID of all devices you want to connect to in your Computers and Contacts list by giving them an alias.

1) Open TeamViewer

2) Go to Computers & Contacts

3) Click the add computer button, then select Add remote computer

4) Enter the user ID , select the group you want to place it in and add an Alias ​​to it

The computer will appear in your list. You can connect to it with a simple double click. The user will only have to give you the password and you will no longer have to ask them for a TeamViewer ID.

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @JimHR,

I recommend you to save the TeamViewer ID of all devices you want to connect to in your Computers and Contacts list by giving them an alias.

1) Open TeamViewer

2) Go to Computers & Contacts

3) Click the add computer button, then select Add remote computer

4) Enter the user ID , select the group you want to place it in and add an Alias ​​to it

The computer will appear in your list. You can connect to it with a simple double click. The user will only have to give you the password and you will no longer have to ask them for a TeamViewer ID.

Community Manager

• JimHR
    JimHR Posts: 5 ✭✭

Thank you Jean for your answer. It has helped and solved the problem of retaining the ids. I will confirm it works live when my relative has been able to get back on to his Wifi