URGENT: Unauthorised Upgrade

Options
ManeeshB
ManeeshB Posts: 2
edited January 2021 in General questions

My teamviewer app under upgrade plan says “ Thank you for your purchase. You account is being upgraded to the business plan”

I did not authorise this and was alarmed that it costs £399 per year and charged to iTunes account. PLEASE CANCEL AND VERIFY THIS BY CONTACTING ME IMMEDIATELY.

Answers

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hi @ManeeshB,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please note that invoices are only generated if purchased online through the TeamViewer purchase portal or through a sales rep over the phone. If you have purchased neither from our webshop nor a sales rep over the phone it seems like that you have purchased a TeamViewer license from the in-App purchase: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/51807-in-app-purchase-on-ios

In that case, you need to cancel the order via Apple:

Hope this information will help you.

Kind regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • ManeeshB
    ManeeshB Posts: 2
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thanks for your response. I contacted Apple who said they cannot see any subscription to Teamviewer, and have given me a case number, yet the app says that I am currently on a free licence but under upgrade plan it says that I am being upgraded to the business plan. Please advise.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]
    Options

Hi @ManeeshB,

Thank you for your reply.

Could I confirm that it has been charged from your iTunes account?

If Apple could not find the purchase, we cannot check it on our side as we get our information from Apple when using in-App purchase. I confirm that we could not find any contract on our system from your TeamViewer community account.

If it has been changed from your iTunes account:

• Only Apple can provide a refund as they handle the billing.
    • Only Apple knows if the transaction worked or not. (As they are the biller)
    • If you would like to cancel, it goes through Apple.

If you have purchased from the TeamViewer webshop or our sales team on the phone directly, we must have sent an order confirmation email and an invoice to the registered email address. In that case, we will definitely support you further.

However if you have not purchased a license from us directly, please contact Apple so they will advise you further.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator