Remote control of a Ipad from windows PC

Options
BGP_2605
BGP_2605 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Is it possible to have remote control of a Ipad from a Windows PC?

If yes how can I do it.?

Sharing screen is running fine.

Best Answer

• Mer-et-Mac
    Mer-et-Mac Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Yuri,

IOS remote controlling has never been possible and will never be, this is the will of Apple.

IOS Sharing screen, whit no control, has been possible and still is, but with Teamviewer there is a bone in the cheese. It do not work on any ios 14 devices for now.. I have a ticket open from November 2020 and to date, January 25, nothing as been fixed despite the effort of Teamviewer and Apple engineers as it as been said to me by a Teamviewer engineer. Be fair to anyone who seek advice. It is pretty simple to say that Teamviewer QuickSupport was working at the time for IOS 11.

Now tell us Yuri, on January 25 2021, can you tell that versions 12 and 13 of Teamviewer QuickSupport on IOS are still working?

Since the version 14 is still in a dead end right now, it is wrong to write under the article that it «applies to IOS users in all licences» since the problem has been known to your engineers since fall 2020 and not resolve yet.

But also have a good day.

BGP_2605 was asking for remote control of an iPad, the plain answer is NO.

Answers

• BGP_2605
    BGP_2605 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

The team Viewer I am using is QuickSupport

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]
    Options

Hi @BGP_2605,

Thank you for your post 😊

Currently, the screensharing allows you to provide the best possible support for iPhone and iPad users which means that you can see exactly what’s happening on the device screen and can guide users better on solving issues on their device.

For more information, please read the following article.

Best regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Mer-et-Mac
    Mer-et-Mac Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Yuri,

IOS remote controlling has never been possible and will never be, this is the will of Apple.

IOS Sharing screen, whit no control, has been possible and still is, but with Teamviewer there is a bone in the cheese. It do not work on any ios 14 devices for now.. I have a ticket open from November 2020 and to date, January 25, nothing as been fixed despite the effort of Teamviewer and Apple engineers as it as been said to me by a Teamviewer engineer. Be fair to anyone who seek advice. It is pretty simple to say that Teamviewer QuickSupport was working at the time for IOS 11.

Now tell us Yuri, on January 25 2021, can you tell that versions 12 and 13 of Teamviewer QuickSupport on IOS are still working?

Since the version 14 is still in a dead end right now, it is wrong to write under the article that it «applies to IOS users in all licences» since the problem has been known to your engineers since fall 2020 and not resolve yet.

But also have a good day.

BGP_2605 was asking for remote control of an iPad, the plain answer is NO.