TeamViewer 9 & 10 End-of-Life

Answers

• Romesh
    Romesh Posts: 1

Hello Teamviewer

We have TV 9 x3 and 10 x9 Perpetual licenses and like many here took them in good faith. "Perpetual license" in definition would mean license for life as long as Teamviewer is in trading. Therefore in court of law you would not stand a chance. You perhaps did not understand the gravity of this at the time when you were establishing and didn't mind clients like many of us paying upfront for perpetual licenses. But you cannot change your terms when you realise there is no further money to be made by these clients that did pay for Perpetual and lasted this long for you to regret your original policies.

You can be certain that there will be a lawsuit heading towards your way and advise the group to start a group action against Teamviewer. I am certainly not accepting your offer for a limited period. Perpetual is Perpetual and if your servers cant cope up with Data regulations and you require all to move to a better platform then you have to offer all Perpetual to move across.

• who else is having problems contacting support trying to get a clear answer of when there version is supported till? there is either no communication between Community Manager ester and support, or support has been instructed to not answer any questions about Complimentary TeamViewer 15

i have an open support issue sitting at 10 days+ without response.

i purchased perpetual teamviewer 10 licence.

if support is unwilling to continue support for the product i purchased provide full refund, stop with the slow updates hoping the constant notification every time a connection is closed about an great offer.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

@Argelis - Thanks for your feedback and your question. I think this answer is relevant for some other people too as I saw similar questions: Yes, it is correct that you can use TeamViewer 13 instead of TeamViewer 15 or the complimentary trial of TeamViewer 15 until the end of 2023. After that, you can continue using TeamViewer in LAN. (If you received an email stating that you get access to TeamViewer 11 or 12, please replace the version number accordingly).

@Ivan_F - Thanks for following up on this and no - the cooperation is not over. Please excuse that we can only provide support in English!

@kteague  Thanks for your comment too. No worries - your license will expire automatically on December, 31st (in your case) 2023 and not renew. You are welcome to use TeamViewer 11 during the whole period. 

@all - Please keep in mind that the server support for newer TeamViewer versions can be discontinued in the future too.

While I understand your points and that you are not happy with the information given, we want to provide and we have to provide software that is equipped to secure networks and devices. While we do work as long and as hard as possible on supporting as many versions as possible, at one point, we have to cut the connections to avoid what we all want to avoid.

Former Community Manager

• tez
    tez Posts: 7 ✭✭

This has been handled poorly and I suspect others, like myself have been comparing competitors offerings, pricing and features and based on a recent quote from TV which 'claimed' to also include 50% off is still much higher than others.

• DanielBerlin
    DanielBerlin Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

Teamviewer seems to have hired new professional sellers.

Googling for "teamviewer lifetime 10 years" brings nothing but discussions about it.

so far no version has run longer than 10 years and you always got a free upgrade with a lifetime license before the shutdown.

Any "license end dates" here seem to refer only to versions, but worded that way to buy a new license.

My lawyer advised me to contact him if a real shutdown is imminent.Currently, a supposed license end of 1.1.2025 is displayed in my TV12. (upgraded from v9 lifetime) Probably the use of v12 is meant here.

I save myself questions, because they would certainly be answered again only vague.

A salesman from **Third Party Product** would say: They seem to need it.

[me cancel subscription of this thread]

• Johan_de_Kerk
    Johan_de_Kerk Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hi Ester,

Thanks for replying to the others.

You said: (If you received an email stating that you get access to TeamViewer 11 or 12, please replace the version number accordingly)

If I log into my account and I want to customize my modules all I get is Version 15.

I received this in the e-mail on 21 Dec 2020: On January 19, 2021, your TeamViewer 9 license will be upgraded to TeamViewer 12

Please help/direct me how to access TV 12 to allow me to customize my modules.

Regards

Johan de Klerk

• Esther

Hi @Johan_de_Kerk

If you want to use TeamViewer 12 (and the customized modules accordingly) you can add "V12" into the URL for the download of your customized module.

Example:

Let´s assume the following link is the original link you got from within the Management Console: It would download a TeamViewer module in version 15 as your license is valid for TeamViewer 15 (as announced here).

https://get.teamviewer.com/ABCD1234

Now you simply add /v12 to the URL like this:

https://get.teamviewer.com/V12/ABCD1234

This one will download V12 but keep your customizations.

I hope this info helped you.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Johan_de_Kerk

Hi Esther,

Thank you very much, it worked 100%.

One more question please: Why would it show an expiry date of 1 January 2023?

Regards

Johan de Klerk

• Esther

@fresco2 Thanks for your feedback. As your questions are not related to the topic discussed here, we will open up a new thread for your post.

@Johan_de_Kerk Are you referring to your TeamViewer full version --> Help --> About TeamViewer? This date should be in combination with the complimentary access to TeamViewer 15 as highlighted here: 

Former Community Manager

• Johan_de_Kerk

Hi Esther,

Thanks for your reply.

It is on this about screen.

For TM Ver 12.

Regards

Johan de Klerk

• Esther
    edited February 2021

Thanks for confirming @Johan_de_Kerk

The expiry date means the expiration of the complimentary license for TeamViewer 15 based on your "source" license (=TeamViewer 7):

Former Community Manager

• Johan_de_Kerk

Hi Esther,

Thanks for your reply.

So does this mean that my TM Ver 12 will stop functioning on 1 Jan 2023 and I will not be able to connect to my customers over the internet/remotely from 1 Jan 2023?

Regards

Johan de Klerk

• Esther

@Johan_de_Kerk TeamViewer 12 will continue to work as this version is not part of the discontinuation of server support. However, the complimentary license will expire on that day (for those with a former TeamViewer 7 license), and with this, connections won´t be possible outside of your LAN. Just one question out of curiosity: Why do you use TeamViewer 12 instead of 15?

Former Community Manager

• tez
    tez Posts: 7 ✭✭

So really, this is a way of phasing out perpetual licenses. Those being forced to upgrade to v15 are no longer perpetual but as subscription with a long but finite trial. How can this be even seen as perpetual in terms of the original purchasing agreement?

I upgraded from 5 to 12 to get new features and paid for extras on an expensive perpetual license on the understanding that I can use my version for as long as I want to connect to hosts (not restricted to a LAN). Now I feel that in the next 12 months versions 11/12 will be next in line for the chop and I too will be in the same situation as others.

• Argelis
    Argelis Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hello Esther,

Teamviewer keeps saying that they need to upgrade to keep up with technology, security, etc. That's all fine and dandy. Now what does that have to do with people that paid their hard earned cash based on a perpetual license to use the teamviewer remote server? All this talk about "oh you can keep using local area network" is null and void. Teamviewer has never sold itself on that. The teamviewer remote SERVER is THE selling point of your software and it is the sole focus of the mountain of advertisement your company sends via email and when talking to a rep.

This is a very shady way of fleecing your early customers that put up the mountain of cash to buy the perpetual license for REMOTE server. If you have to upgrade and can no longer support "outdated code" then the ONLY way forward is to upgrade your LIFETIME customers to the lowest supported version. Instead what you are saying to our faces is "You have 2 options. 1- Lose your hard earned cash that you paid for a perpetual license. 2-Lose your hard earned cash that you paid for a perpetual license, AND please pay us more with a recurring subscription you didn't want in the first place since you paid for one time PERPETUAL license."

The way you keep skirting around this very specific issue just leaves such a bad taste, just like when you hear a white house press secretary for any president, ever. This is disgraceful.

• Johan_de_Kerk

Hi Esther,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry if I keep on asking stupid questions but I feel very stupid and lost at this stage.

So after 1 Jan 2023 my TM Ver 12 will still work outside my LAN, internet/remotely. My TM Ver 12 will not stop working for internet/remotely connections after 1 Jan 2023.

The complementary license for TM Ver 15 will stop working on 1 Jan 2023.

!! Just one question out of curiosity: Why do you use TeamViewer 12 instead of 15? !!

I like to use software that I am licensed to use and not complementary software. I hope it makes sense.

Regards

Johan de Klerk

• manoj0601
    manoj0601 Posts: 1

This is ridiculous and blizzard. They should leave those version on or upgrader to next level. If this will discontinue my license then I will switch to someone else. I think we should take some legal action against teamviwer. They need to understand power of public.

• fresco2
    fresco2 Posts: 10 ✭✭

Still no answer from anyone at teamviewer, not by mail, not even in this buggy forum.

You guys really know how to handle your customer complaints...

• DanielBerlin
    DanielBerlin Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

Same here, still no answer on ticket from 2. feb.

the company support looks dead.

edit: have ticket answer today.

• Cavadias
    Cavadias Posts: 11 ✭✭

I agree with complains stated, they do vary depending the perpetual license each of ones struggled to get. (Payments in installments / missed payments / etc).

Somethings do get improved with newer versions (Perpetual Clients assisted in the software development for 15 years?, feedback? Support?).

What worries me is that in the ios version and for the last three years a timeout triggers the program to close making it impossible to work properly.

This does not happen with rival remote programs, and TeamViewer does not address this problem. Making it obsolete for me in terms of upgrading the license or not as vital function problem is not getting addressed in whatever version.

Thank you.

• Frederico_Cardoso
    Frederico_Cardoso Posts: 17 ✭✭

Hello guys, as a user of Team viewer 10, I come here to tell you, that perpetual software license is really 10 years, with this the company itself will be giving forever in the internal use of its network, I believe it is more than fair . Thank you Team viewer for providing us with version 15 use until 01/01/2026 - 12/31/2025 - I just called support and made the transition. I feel more relieved to have made this modification, and now I will let my clients know that I am more safely supported by the team viewer. Thanks @Esther , a protective and blessed week to the entire Team viewer 10 team.

Note:

The company only gave me profits with the use of the remote system, I believe that the time has come to reciprocate by accepting this new version and adding it together with the company from 2026 onwards. Gratitude!

Tradução para o Português do Brasil:

Olá pessoal, como usuário do Team viewer 10, venho aqui falar para vocês, que licença perpétua em softwares realmente é de 10 anos, com isto a própria empresa estará dando para sempre no uso interno da sua rede, creio que é mais do que justo. Obrigado Team viewer por nos fornecer o uso da versão 15 até 01/01/2026 - 31/12/2025 - Acabei de ligar para o suporte e realizei a transição. Me sinto mais aliviado, de ter feito esta modificação, e agora vou avisar meus clientes que estou com o suporte do team viewer com mais segurança. Obrigado @Esther , uma semana protetiva e abençoada a toda equipe do Team viewer 10.

Observação:

A empresa só me deu lucros com o uso do sistema remoto, creio que chegou o momento de retribuir aceitando esta nova versão e somar junto com a empresa a partir de 2026. Gratidão!

• Argelis
    edited February 2021

Is this a joke? In what world is the use of "perpetual" the equivalent of 10 years? When a gas station advertises 3$ per gallon of regular gas and you go to pump your car but they charge you 10$ per gallon... Would you also just say "Well I guess this is how they interpret their 3$ per gallon advertisement." You sound like a borderline shill/teamviewer employee.

• Frederico_Cardoso
    Frederico_Cardoso Posts: 17 ✭✭

@Argelis I am not an employee, I was also outraged by the news of the end of perpetual leave, but I decided to give in. As I see that there will be no solution, I cannot be without the program, here everyone is only threatened and I decided to do a thorough research on the perpetual life and the company would not support itself by giving you something for the rest of your life, it's 10 years and forever with your internal support on your network. Imagine you have a company with 250 computers, in case you can still use version 10, to access your 250 computers internally forever. So you will still have a lifetime license. until 2025/2026 i will have version 15 without paying, for sure i will go to another company that i will pay less monthly. I wish you good luck and a lot of success, as well as many blessings!

Tradução para o Português do Brasil:

@Argelis Não sou funcionário, também fiquei indignado com a notícia do fim da licença perpétua, mais resolvi ceder. Como estou vendo que não vai ter solução eu não posso ficar sem o programa, aqui todos só ficam na ameaça e eu resolvi pesquisar a fundo sobre a perpétua e realmente a empresa não se sustentaria dando pra você uma coisa para o resto da vida, então é 10 anos e para sempre com o seu suporte interno na sua rede. Imagine vc ter uma empresa com 250 computadores, no caso vc ainda poderá usar a versão 10, pra acessar seus 250 computadores internamente para sempre. Portanto vc ainda terá a licença vitalícia. até 2025/2026 eu terei a versão 15 sem pagar, com certeza irei para outra empresa que eu vou pagar menos mensalmente. Desejo boa sorte a todos e muito sucesso, além de muitas bênçãos!

• Johan_de_Kerk

Hi Esther,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry if I keep on asking stupid questions but I feel very stupid and lost at this stage.

So after 1 Jan 2023 my TM Ver 12 will still work outside my LAN, internet/remotely. My TM Ver 12 will not stop working for internet/remotely connections after 1 Jan 2023.

The complementary license for TM Ver 15 will stop working on 1 Jan 2023.

!! Just one question out of curiosity: Why do you use TeamViewer 12 instead of 15? !!

I like to use software that I am licensed to use and not complementary software. I hope it makes sense.

Regards

Johan de Klerk

• mcascio
    mcascio Posts: 4 ✭✭

Has anyone officially started the class action lawsuit in the US?

• mcascio
    mcascio Posts: 4 ✭✭

BTW, I purchased at a premium a lifetime subscription to XM Radio over 10 years ago. It still works!

• Argelis

They keep replying with a copy and paste reply to any tickets regarding the license. What a terrible turn for what once was a good company. They are shameless in their blatant false advertising. Thieves, one could say.

• Czaja0
    Czaja0 Posts: 5 ✭✭

Perpetual is perpetual end of story.

I want my TV work excactly as licence we bought and not as it is right now telling me it will expire 1.06.2021

• Jonathan_Attwood1
    Jonathan_Attwood1 Posts: 1
    edited February 2021

Hi Esther,

Please could you explain these expiry dates? I have TV10 Perpetual licence and the email I received suggested I could try TV15 until May 31 2021, not December 31 2025.

Also, when will you be refunding what I paid for the now-no-longer-perpetual perpetual TV10 licence?

Thanks.

Edit: This actually answers some of my questions https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/111013/depreciation-of-legacy-versions

• lom1980
    lom1980 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Has anyone officially started the class action lawsuit in the US or something similar in Germany?