TeamViewer to control the new 'Google Chromecast with Google TV'?

AlexL46
AlexL46 Posts: 1
edited February 2021 in General questions

I have TeamViewer (v. 15.11.6) on my PC with Windows 10. I installed TeamViwer Host (v. 15.11.114) on Google Chromecast with Google TV.

Should this work?

I can connect to Chromecast, but Remote control fails with the error “Your partner rejected your connection request”.

The options File transfer, Dashboard and Apps do work. Settings – I am not sure.

Can anyone help?

TIA

Comments

• chinarut
    chinarut Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi! We just got a Chromecast with Google TV and would love to remote administer it as well.

In Feb 2020, we don’t get a rejection error message - we actually get the Chromecast successfully asking for permission:

we say yes and it spins for awhile and returns right back to the “Ready to Connect” screen (with a green dot)

Any pointers?

• I have the same problem. Maybe it's related to the fact that I'm unable to install the "TeamViewer Universal Add-On"?

/Johan

• Mine doesn’t even get close to coming up with that it says to open settings then it does nothing

• ThierryN
    ThierryN Posts: 0

Did anyone have any success in achieving remote access to a Chromecast with Google TV? I'm trying to be able to support my elderly parents remotely when they have an issue, or question with their device. :-)

• GorillaDaddy
    GorillaDaddy Posts: 1

It almost works. You can type on the PC keyboard, paste the PC clipboard. But no arrow keys for navigation on the Chromecast (which might map to the remote rocker keycodes, but don't), and the mouse clicks are wrong in the Chromecast system settings, for example, take you to the wrong selection (despite the correctly clicked setting being highlighted). The google keyboard pops up and doesn't respond to clicks either (and we'd really not want it popping up and just use the PC's keyboard).

You can sideload the TeamViewer Universal Add-on

You can disable the prompt when accessing remotely, unattended via:

adb shell appops set com.teamviewer.host.market PROJECT_MEDIA allow

It's very disappointing, it's not really usable as-is, but seems like it could be fixed with a little work at TeamViewer. We plan to have 100s of Chromecasts installed, and it would be very useful to control them remotely with TeamViewer.

• JeffLang01
    JeffLang01 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Has there been any progress on Teamviewer support on the CCWGTV platfrom.

I have recently loaded it on my CCWGTV and I can connect and take over remote control however there are still some missing items.

1) Home and Back icons on the bottom of the Teamviewer Remote Control Screen to not work.

2) when navigating on the settings screen you cannot change the focus of the action to another item on the list.. only the top item gets selected.

On the Remote Control Screen if you go to

-- settings

-- general settings

-- then try to click on the Apps icon

the Apps icon is highlighted momentarily

then it moves to the Network & Internet Tab..

( Network & Internet is the first tab in the list and it appears that by default it is still focused on the first item)

Please advise if there is any update on the CCWGTV support .

• Puppy175
    Puppy175 Posts: 1

I Bought a chromecast with tv the other day but when i tried to remote access it using the

Teamviewer Quicksupport app and the Universal Add-On it allowed me to coonect without

any problem and share the screen on to my laptop. However when i tried to use my laptop

keyboard to move left or right or up and down or enter an app on the chromecast it wouldnt

allow me to do anything. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Regards Patrick.

• archon810
    archon810 Posts: 1

Also looking to control the CCwGTV device, as well as NVIDIA SHIELD, but no luck so far.

• BeeMan247
    BeeMan247 Posts: 1

Did anyone ever figure this out? I am looking for a way to control my elderly parents television remotely. I currently have old school chrome cast on their TV but I could get the newer one.

• JeffLang01
    JeffLang01 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

I was able to use TeamView and get remote access to my CCWGTV..

Yes the arrow and home keys did not work but I was able to control most apps with success.

That was until the latest CCWGTV Android 12 was automatically downloaded now I can only view the remote CCWGTV and have lost all remote control features.. This really **bleep**

I too have elderly parents and the CCWGTV was a great solution with the remote conrol cabablity via TeamView.

Now I need to find another solution.

Its really diappointing when an upgrade breaks something that was working.

Also does anyone know why they would remove this feature? I know where was some concerns around security but its a feature I want and need to make the CCWGTV work for my parents.

Any info would be appreciated.

• ClarkK
    ClarkK Posts: 9 ✭✭

Happy new year! They updated from Android 10 to 12, skipping 11, in Dec 2022 per Chromecast firmware versions and release notes - Chromecast Help (google.com)? How do we alert to the Teamviewer support team? While I lament the Chromecast is not yet on 13 and it will take quite a while for us to see 14, I would also like the Universal Add-On be supported so that we could type/navigate from our PC to the Chromecast! Need this asap!!!. Many thanks!