Have purchased a license but it still says I'm using free version

LaserJoe
LaserJoe Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Licensing

I've relogged in several times and cannot seem to get past this.

Comments

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🀠

Hi @LaserJoe,

Thank you for your post.

Please be sure to activate the license before trying to login with your credentials, I am sharing with you the steps to Activate your Remote Access license

Kind regards,

Fiona_G
  • LaserJoe

I don't have that screen display in the Management Console when I open the User Management page. I have this when I log in.

• LaserJoe

Hi folks - still cannot use the full version that I've paid for.

• Fiona_G

Hi @LaserJoe,

Thank you for your reply. If you didn't create any company profile on your account, please jump to step 1 in the article above to activate your license. Hope it would be helpful!

Kind regards,

Fiona_G
  • LaserJoe
    edited February 2021

Hi Fiona G,

Thanks for your help so far, but on Step 1 of the attached instructions, I don't have the same User Management screen. See my above screenshot. I therefore, cannot create or delete any company profile. I only have the option for a 14 day trial.

• Fiona_G

Hi @LaserJoe,

The screenshot indicates that you didn't create a company profile before, therefore please jump to Step 1: Prepare your remote computer in the article. Hope this clarifies it for you.

Kind regards,

Fiona_G
  • LaserJoe

Hi Fiona_G,

I was able to get your IT support person to resend my account activation email. Everything worked out after that. Thanks for your help.

• Fiona_G

Hi @LaserJoe,

Thank you for getting back to me and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have any other questions feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Fiona_G
  • Macclesfield101_
    Macclesfield101_ Posts: 1 ✭

Hi

we have a full licence but Team Viewer has just started to block me logging on to my office machine

Saying

"Please subscribe to continue"

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator β˜‘

Hi Macclesfield101_,

Thank you for your post and welcome to TeamViewer Community ✨

Could you reply this message with a screenshot of the error message, so that we may guide you better ?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / γ‚³γƒŸγƒ₯ニティヒデレーター

• dave70
    dave70 Posts: 8 ✭✭

Same thing here, it says I am using the free account. I wanted to try the free before I decided to buy the license.πŸ˜‘ So I could not buy the license first as I needed to see if it was what I wanted. How does one get rid of the free and get the computer to recognize that I have a license ?

Please help

thanks

//dave

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hi @dave70,

Congrats on your first post! πŸ™Œ

Depending on the license you have purchased, please follow the relevant activation guide:

πŸ“„Β License Activation Guides - Overview

I hope this helps.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• dave70

HI Jean\K-Thanks!! it seems to have worked, or (the remote PC) knows now! hihi. OK my next question. I have read the knowledge base and still cant find the answer. I am running the remote computer on my local LAN and it works great. but now I need to run it over the outside internet. The knowledge base talks about all the complicated networking stuff I need to do to get through the firewall and wake on LAN and possible dyndns account and possibly another PC on the network to wake it. All too complicated for me and waay beyond my capabilities. I am an electronics tech by trade and can do some things but I am a hardware guy. So what is required to access this (always on) win 10 PC? Can I just be on the outside internet and logon to my account from a trusted computer and type in remote PC's ID? This is my expectation. If not poss you could walk me through the process at my end.

thanks sooo much

//dave

• JeanK
    edited November 2022

Hi @dave70,

I'm happy to could activate your license successfully.

To use TeamViewer via the Internet:

• Ensure that LAN mode is disabled on the local and remote computer

You have plenty of connection methods. You can choose the one that fits best for you!

Let me know if you have any further questions! I'll be happy to assist.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• dave70

OK, deactivate incoming LAN connections.

BUT what if I am using teamviewer over the LAN for now and then when I leave in two weeks, then I deactivate incoming LAN connections?

In other words one setting is for over my LAN (now) and deactivate when I leave the home LAN?

thanks

//dave

• JeanK

@dave70,

Correct. If LAN is enabled, the device is only reachable from your network.

However, as you will be leaving, you will need to disable it, so you can reach your devices from outside your network.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• dave70

HIJeanK-- I cannot seem to find Teamviewer Options---> General!

There does not seem to be any options menu selections I can send you a screenshot of my management console. Its not there. What am I doing wrong?

thanks

//dave

• JeanK

Hi @dave70,

You will find the TeamViewer Options in your TeamViewer client, not the Management Console.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• dave70

HI JeanK -- OK Great! Now I need to test it. Would you be able to log into the remote computer and see the remote desktop? I have no way to be on the outside internet until I leave town and then it will be impossible to troubleshoot.

thankyou

//dave.

• JeanK

Hi @dave70,

I'm so sorry, but I can't connect to your devices. We are unable to provide individual support.

However, if you have any questions about the product, please let me know!

/JeanK

Community Manager