The new version of TV seems incapable of granting control of the host mouse to the counter-party.

The new version of TV seems incapable of granting control of the host mouse to the counter-party. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @JDavis75,

There have been no changes regarding remote control with the latest version.

Could you explain a little more in details which issues you are facing?

Could you tell us what kind of devices you are using? Which OS is installed?

Community Manager

• JDavis75
    JDavis75 Posts: 1

For years (As long as I can remember - at least ten years), whoever the host of a meeting was could click an icon next to an attendants name to "give control" of the host computer's mouse to the respective attendant. Everyone is using Windows 10. Nothing on our end has changed.

• JeanK

@JDavis75 I see... you are referring to the remote control feature within TeamViewer meeting sessions.

Yes, this feature has been removed from the free version and is currently only available for licensed users.

Please find more information here:

Community Manager

• JDavis75

I have some questions:

1.) If I pay for the least expensive version of TV. When I'm in a meeting (just myself and one other attendant), will I be able to toggle control of the mouse back and forth between myself and the other attendant, even if the other attendant does not have a paid version of TV?

2.) Assuming the answer to the above question is "Yes", does it matter weather I'm the host of the meeting?... If someone who is using the free version were to host a meeting, and I join that meeting, will I be able to take control of their mouse (will they be able to give me control)?

• JDavis75

I have some questions:

1.) If I pay for the least expensive version of TV. When I'm in a meeting (just myself and one other attendant), will I be able to toggle control of the mouse back and forth between myself and the other attendant, even if the other attendant does not have a paid version of TV?

2.) Assuming the answer to the above question is "Yes", does it matter weather I'm the host of the meeting?... If someone who is using the free version were to host a meeting, and I join that meeting, will I be able to take control of their mouse (will they be able to give me control)?

• JeanK

Hello @JDavis75,

Yes, with the Business license you will be able to do what you have described above.

Community Manager