Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• marc_aurele76
    marc_aurele76 Posts: 1
    edited March 2021

Hello, do I have to pay a license to help 3 or 4 friends with the free version of teamviewer?

Then I suppose that it is not free anymore...

Please tell me.

TIA

Marc

If it's the case, I will find some other free solutions, you will lose a happy customer

• Axia
    Axia Posts: 1

I have been using the Teamviewer for personal purposes

• CptShadows
    CptShadows Posts: 1

Lately when trying to use teamviewer, whenever I connect with to my laptop with my desktop, it times out very quickly, like after 30-60 seconds. It just says on both ends that "session timed out, and will be closed".. If I try connecting straight away after, it locks me out and tells me to try after another minute, which doesn't work. Even if I wait 5 minutes I can't reconnect, what's happened?

• RebecaLoMir
    RebecaLoMir Posts: 0

@markad did you send the reset for stating the 2 TeamViewer IDs (yours and the device you want to connect to)?

Because I sent the reset for but only stating my TeamViewer ID, and even though they did the reset I still have the same problem. So I thought maybe it was because I didn't also send the other device's TeamViewer ID.

I just sent it some minutes ago, hope it works this time!

But I wanted to ask if you also did it like me or not. Thanks!

• Syrine
    Syrine Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am using TeamViewer for personal reasons and for some days now, I can not using it with the error message that the limite time allowed is over. I delated the application and downloaded it again and nothing.

I need help. Thank you.

• nekkers
    nekkers Posts: 1
    edited March 2021

me too

• alessiobacco
    alessiobacco Posts: 0

The same thing happens to me too, the connection lasts less than a minute. I await the solution.

• diamantmatch
    diamantmatch Posts: 0

same thing happens to me since yesterday, no idea why.

it does still work through the mobile app though..

• dario59
    dario59 Posts: 4 ✭✭

same again from italy. i work for a customer which has a commercial license so using his account i can connect to his computers; i also have my private account to connect with a couple of MINE, now i cannot connect to mine, how to solve this issue ?

Thanks

DM

• bernardo11
    bernardo11 Posts: 0

the same happens to me. It appears: " blocked after timeout" and it doesn't connect.

• bernardo11

the same happens to me. It appears: " blocked after timeout" and it doesn't connect.

• bernardo11

please: anyone knows what I have to do?

• Philalapatte
    Philalapatte Posts: 0

same here in Switzerland.

I use Team viewer to help my 93 years old parents stuck at home due to covid and they need my help. :-s

I don't use it too often but I have always seen Teamviewer as a good product ?

• Philalapatte

The problem sounds to come from there licences system. I did pass to VNC for my sister but my parents are still on Teamviewer as I wanted to introduce it to my boss. Maybe I shouldn't...

• Philalapatte
  • fnijkampnl
    fnijkampnl Posts: 0

Here the same. Starting up TV allways every day. Using it for my brother every month or so.

I look for an alternative

• fnijkampnl
    fnijkampnl Posts: 0

Here the same. Starting up TV allways every day. Using it for my brother every month or so.

I look for an alternative

• Thiersee
    Thiersee Posts: 51 ✭✭

@dario59

If you used your personal computer for the connection to your commercial customer, then your persomal TeamViewer-ID has been marked as commercial.

Now you should reset your ID basck to free; how, can you see in the post from Esther

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/94784/thank-you-for-playing-fair/p1

Italian:

Se per collegarti con il tuo cliente hai usato il tuo computer personale, anche il tuo TeamViewer-ID è stato marcato come commerciale e quindi bloccato.

Quello che ti rimane da fare è di resettare il tuo ID secondo le istruzioni di Esther nel link allegato e soprattutto in futuro evitare assolutamente di collegarti con un sito commerciale dal tuo computer privato.

• drageset
    drageset Posts: 0

So, is there anything to do about this? I understand that Teamviewer doesn't want to offer free support to people not paying for using their software, but when they wrongly class your usage as non-personal you should have an option to reply and explain that your usage is indeed personal only.

• willypiz
    willypiz Posts: 1
    edited March 2021

Good evening, my name is Pizzuto William and I live in Italy, I'm a 65-year-old computer scientist, I don't work and I'm retired.

I use your exceptional product to help all the people who ask me for IT help such as seniors, teens and children who cannot attend school, especially in this bad period of lock-down for covid 19. All this I do as a volunteer without requesting absolutely nothing!

I kindly ask you for help, and reactivate my teamviewer, to be able to continue with my precious support.

On 23 March 2019 you have already answered me with great kindness as follows:

Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

I thank you with honor for any of your decisions and I wish you the best of luck!

Yours sincerely William Pizzuto

• desmarins
    desmarins Posts: 0

Hello, I am a "newbie" in this forum but has been a "free licence" teamviewer user for a few years now. Since yesterday my remote connection between my computers has been cut of with the same "connections timeout - commercial licence" blockage that all other users in this thread are complaining about. I am a PhD student and need to use TV to connect between computers (desktop/laptop) for field research work, especially now during the pandemic I am not as free to move around as I was before. Living in Brazil it is just getting worse, and if TV does not restore my access it will impact my study.

Does anyone know what the protocol to submit a ticket is? Or who to talk to? I have no idea what is going on...

Cheers and best of luck to fellow TVers, Mathias de Carvalho

• Fotogina
    Fotogina Posts: 0

same problem here...

• Braelynalex
    Braelynalex Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have incorporated TeamViewer in my website, but when more than two people come across its gets disconnected always.

I have learn a lot from this article https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/38-how-can-i-link-to-teamviewer-from-my-website

but still facing issues

• Flashman
    Flashman Posts: 0

Unfortunately, mobile app does the same thing. Seems like it's mass problem. Is it a bug, or TV got promiscuous?

• Flashman
    Flashman Posts: 0

Guys, seems like there is a solution.

But still, why there is such a problem?

• jasonxio
    jasonxio Posts: 1

Every 30 seconds the connection is blocked and I get the following error:

"IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ESTABLISH THE CONNECTION CONNECTION BECAUSE THE TERM HAS EXPIRED YOUR LICENSE LIMITS THE MAXIMUM LENGTH OF THE SESSION AND BLOCKS IMMEDIATE RECONNECTION. PLEASE TRY LATER OR UPDATE YOUR LICENSE. THE CONNECTIONS TO THIS PARTNER WILL BE BLOCKED UNTIL (..) "

And the connection lasts less than a minute. What's going on? Is something going to be done with this problem?

• pauluspla
    pauluspla Posts: 6 ✭✭

In my case, asking for commercial reset It didn't fix the problem. Wonderful.

If they had a reasonable priced option for domestic users, I would be happy to pay for it.

• Venita
    Venita Posts: 0

I am using it on a personal level but get kicked out. Please advise what can be done to fix this.

• dario59
    dario59 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

@Thiersee

so you are telling me i cannot use different account from the same laptop ? i'm a free lance so i have MY laptop and i use it for both commercial and private connection as i think any other free lance do.

I was always sure, and it was right until few days ago, the differences between commercial user and private was given by the account - that should be licensed- not by hardware.

What a strange decision this point me to change product if there is no other way to have both funcions on the same laptop; how about using a windows 10 virtual machine for commercial TV use ?

DM

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

HI Paulus, For Home Office I generally recommend the Remote Access license that includes all features needed in a typical Home Office scenario:

However, in this license connections to mobile devices are not included.

Former Community Manager