TeamViewer 14.2 for Windows Server 2003 and XP

testerics
testerics Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Where can I find version 14.2 for 2003 Server and XP?

I don't want to install every time version 13 and upgrade to 14..

Thanks!

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

You should get 14.2 automatically when downloading it from an XP here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/previous-versions/

Can you confirm?

Former Community Manager

• testerics

Thank you for your answer, but is downloading 14.7.48507..

The latest version for XP is 14.2.56678. No link for download on XP or Server 2003

• testerics
    edited March 2021

[file removed - Do Not Download TeamViewer from Third Parties]

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 895 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @testerics

Thank you for the clarification.

We will forward this internally and will update here once we have more information.

Thanks in advance for your patience 🙏

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 895 Community Manager 🌍
    edited March 2021

Hello @testerics

Could you please confirm you are attempting the download from a Windows XP device? The 14.2 download will only work if attempting to download it on a device that cannot run the later versions.

Thanks in advance! (again 😅)

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• testerics

If I open a browser on XP (Mozilla) and I try to download the version 14, the file version downloaded is 14.7.48507. So, I need to download the latest version13 and install. After this, the program is allowing me to download version 14.2 and update.

This means 2 installation steps, for 13 and 14.

I think is very simple for everybody to have the latest version 14.2 available to download and install directly, not in 2 steps..

• Andrew_Davis
    Andrew_Davis Posts: 1

Can you please confirm where we can get direct download for 14.2 for windows 2003 - rather than 14.7 which the link takes you to please.

I have several 2003 servers running that dont have normal internet access - but have teamviewer ports open for remote access, i need these to be updated

It

• HenneyB
    HenneyB Posts: 4 ✭✭

It would be very helpful for a direct link to v14.2 ! trying to use IE8 is a pain. Would much rather download a a decent computer and transfer to the PC needing it.

• Martinn
    Martinn Posts: 1

I fully agree with this:

"It would be very helpful for a direct link to latest v14.2 !" - for supporting old WinXp clients

Please provide direct link! Why only strange way via v13 and winxp os"

• mwgbr
    mwgbr Posts: 1

Hi,

you can use links for all versions in this format: http://download.teamviewer.com/download/update/update_host_14.2.8352.zip

• JueRoe
    JueRoe Posts: 1

to mwgbr,

thank you very much for your download link of 14.2 host

best regards JueRoe

• cogra
    cogra Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

EDIT:

Changing version_14x to version_13x lets you download the last v13 at least.

https://dl.teamviewer.com/download/version_13x/TeamViewer_Setup.exe

If changing to version_14x you get 14.7... aren't there an archive with old versions, like many other software developers offer?

It's very difficult to download anything from a Windows XP computer when certificate problems stops usage as there's no support for whatever encryption is used now-a-days. Using the auto-download feature will be hard... :)

The update-file from @mwgbr is that a complete installation or does it require another installation before running the enclosed update.exe?

• cquirke
    cquirke Posts: 26 ✭✭

Agreed; a direct link to 14.2.56678 from article on XP and Vista (in)compatibility would be more useful than the latest 14.x, when we specifically need 14.2.x for those old OSs. Context; tech support for "I'm too old to learn a new version of Windows" folks who are still alive and kicking with working Vista or XP PCs, needing connection from a paid TeamViewer support provider. Reluctant to expose IE to the Internet on such systems, and safer Firefox 59.9.0.ESR may not report the Windows version for the "vendor knows best" approach.