Possibiltes to support me senior mother at 85 years old on her Ipad?

Norway_68_Macuser
Norway_68_Macuser Posts: 8 ✭✭

1.) I am using an older OSX on my Mac Desktop (OSx High Sierra). Would it work to assist her via remote to her Ipad Pro 2020? Which versions of Teamviewer should i download? Quicksupport or the full version

2.)Which version of Teamviewer would be best to have on her Ipad? She can not start anything advanced. It must be like "accept connection yes or no" in large capitals clearly on her screeen.

3.) How can I help her from a distance? What are my options to assist her? Can I control something? Close windows or take over her screen like one do in Zoom (not sure if zoom works on Ipads like that).

I am not used to Ipads.....

Best Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Norway_68_Macuser,

You can assist your mother my installing TeamViewer full client on your mac desktop and TeamViewer QuickSupport on her iPad.

She will only have to "accept" your connection.

Community Manager

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

There must have been a misunderstanding. The full version is not available for iOS. Only these modules are available:

As the iPad is the receiving side, the QuickSupport is the app you need to install here.

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

You can assist your mother my installing TeamViewer full client on your mac desktop and TeamViewer QuickSupport on her iPad.

She will only have to "accept" your connection.

Community Manager

• Norway_68_Macuser

Thanks! How can I help her from a distance? What are my options to assist her? Can I control something? Close windows or take over her screen like one do in Zoom (not sure if zoom works on Ipads like that).

• JeanK

It is only possible to see the screen on iOS. Remote control is currently not available.

Community Manager

• Norway_68_Macuser
    edited March 2021

Hello @JeanK

Any reason not to install the full verision of Teamviewer on the Ipad?

I rang Teamviewer support today they said something like:

• Install the Full application on both the Ipad and Mac Desktopt. Then She could view my screen as well and more features.....

Can you please elaborate what does full features are?

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

There must have been a misunderstanding. The full version is not available for iOS. Only these modules are available:

As the iPad is the receiving side, the QuickSupport is the app you need to install here.

Community Manager