Non Profit Association Usage free of charge

babba
babba Posts: 1
edited March 21 in Licensing

Hello,

we - a Non Profit Association in Germany - used until now TeamViewer for accessing our PC in the server room from outside the building - this worked well until now.

Since a few days we get a message that TeamViewer believes we use it in a commerciel environment - which is not true - and limits the usage to only a few minutes.

We already contacted the TeamViewer sales team in order to find a solution - but all they did was sending us an offer for a yearly licence with a small rebate.
Unfortunately we can't afford it  and we are wondering what to do in order to continue to use TeamViewer as a Non Profit Association (no commercial usage) free of charge.

Thanks for any usefull hint.

best regards Dieter

Best Answer

Answers

• I'm an amateur astronomer and had the same problem...shame..
  • Jwprice
    Jwprice Posts: 1

This happened to me as well.. I've been helping my parents and relatives with keeping their pc updated, as well as teaching them how to use it remotely for years with team viewer. Just now I got this same email. Guess it's time to give one of those other apps a try that are cheaper. If they wanted 50-70 for the year for a non-commercial user, I'd pay it. 

• That really is a shame. You should make exceptions for non profits, or a discount.   Too bad. We will have to switch to another service. 

• babad
    babad Posts: 1

The problem is that TeamViewer does not understand what the word "commercial" means. The word commercial comes from the word commerce: the activity of buying and selling, especially on a large scale (google). Nonprofit organizations are not companies. Please work on your understanding of the definition. How can you want to earn money from organizations that help people in need for free and consist of volunteers? It's the peak of greed and PR shoot yourself in the foot. Shame on TeamViewer!

• bondmar30
    bondmar30 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited June 2022

Hi,

I’ve been using the TeamViewer free version for a long time to connect to my church’s computer and do remote support. All of a sudden today I’m getting a message that I’ve exceeded a limit and disconnects my session. Has something changed where non-profit organization are no longer able to use the free version?

Can someone fix my account so I can use this again?

My ID is **Do Not Post Email Addresses**

Thanks,

Mark Bond

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 895 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @bondmar30

Thanks for your post.

Use of TeamViewer in a non-profit organization does require a license; the free version of TeamViewer is made for personal home-to-home use between friends and family.

More information on TeamViewer and non-profits can be found here:

You can also request more information on Non-profit use from our licensing teams here:

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• bondmar30

If this is a change in policy then I’m OK with purchasing a license but I’ve been using it to support my church for the last 5 years at least without having to buy a license. It would have been nice to have some notification that I was going to be “shut off” before needing to do something important and not being able to.

• JoshP

Hello @bondmar30

Thanks for your post.

Use of TeamViewer in non-profits has always been considered commercial use; this is not a recent change.

Josh P.

---

• bondmar30

Then why was I able to submit a reset request and have my access re-instated previously? You can check my account and see that I’ve been using it for years and had my account re-instated.

• JoshP
    edited March 2021

Hello @bondmar30

Thanks for your post.

While you may have had your ID reset back to personal , the use of TeamViewer in your non-profit company is what would re-flag the device again.

As you can see in this previous response to the same question, use of TeamViewer in a non-profit has always been considered commercial use.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Josh P.

---

• Jetjockey
    Jetjockey Posts: 2 ✭✭

I belong to a Non Profit Astronomical Society that needs to access our observatory telescopes via TeamViewer but don't want to get black screened as we are not a commercial or business organization. Does TeamView offer non profit licenses?

Thanks,

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,205 Moderator
    edited October 2021

Hi Jetjockey,

Thank you for your post and sharing your background with us !

We are happy to support non-profit organizations as we do commercial or business institutions. 

And we stand ready to provide specific information for you, please kindly check our knowledge article:  TeamViewer for Non-profit Organizations.

For further discussion, you can contact Sales Team directly.

Hope this could help!!

Best Regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• TjinLiang_1976
    TjinLiang_1976 Posts: 1
    edited June 2022
    we use the team viewer application not for commercial, but for social (church), can it be given free users license?

• Aslan7
    Aslan7 Posts: 1 Newbie

@JeanK your support policy is really disgusting.

I've been using Teamviewer to provide support to my friends for over a decade as well as the 501 c3 nonprofit, wicxradio.org and you've just gotten more and more hostile to anyone who isn't paying you thousands of dollars a year to use your software. Even if I could have afforded to pay a decade ago, you've inflated the costs beyond 500%, completely unreasonable. I don't need tech support, I don't need to be able to file support tickets, all I need is to be able to do is use the software!

Teamviewer is saying that I'm a commercial user! I am not a commercial user! I'm trying to submit a ticket to say that I'm not a commercial user, but because I'm not paying you I can't submit a ticket to show I'm a noncommercial user!

How do I fix this as you have chosen to make it impossible to contact you?!?

• I am helping my amature radio club with teamviewer. we are all volunteeres.

• hammad2244
    hammad2244 Posts: 2 Newbie

we are all volunteeres.