Screen Resolution not listed

When I remote into a system with a small, abnormal screen size, 1920x165, it resolves as it should, however the height is to small to operate. I can change it to 1920x1080 via View/Screen Resolution. But when I attempt to change it back via the pc display settings, I can't move the window to accept the change. The recommend screen size 1920x165 is not available via Teamviewer View/Screen Resolution. Thoughts?

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Eyeconic_Tech,

TeamViewer only captures the screen of the remote device and shows it on your local device.

In other words, TeamViewer's resolution change options will depend if TeamViewer can handle the remote resolution.

As you are working with abnormal resolutions, it is most probably the case that TeamViewer cannot resize/handle these resolutions.

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Eyeconic_Tech,

TeamViewer only captures the screen of the remote device and shows it on your local device.

In other words, TeamViewer's resolution change options will depend if TeamViewer can handle the remote resolution.

As you are working with abnormal resolutions, it is most probably the case that TeamViewer cannot resize/handle these resolutions.

Community Manager

• Eyeconic_Tech
    Eyeconic_Tech Posts: 1

Thank you Jean, It is an abnormal resolution that Windows recognizes when the odd-sized screen is attached, but not part of it's standard list of sizes. I have found that if I change it to 1920x1080, I can use a Windows addon called QRES to change it back too the smaller resolution.