Frequent dropped connection - Business license

GG_Guy
GG_Guy Posts: 1
edited March 2021 in General questions

Hi, I remote control my work computer from home. Home computer is a Mac laptop, work computer is a Windows 10 desktop. The connection drops frequently. Sometimes I can go 2 hours without a drop, but most times I only get 20-30 minutes before the connection drops. There is no error message. When it happens I still see the remote screen for a 5-15 seconds, I see the cursor moving, but the remote screen doesn't respond, everything appears to freeze. Then my viewer window on my Mac disappears and I have to connect again. Sometimes it locks up and I have to force quite TeamViewer on the Mac to get it to reconnect. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

Comments

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @GG_Guy

Thanks for your post.

Usually this kind of issue stems from the connections between the devices, and their ability to maintain connection with each other.

The first step of troubleshooting would be to re-install TeamViewer on both devices, to ensure TeamViewer is able to properly make connections, if you have not already.

You can also check the ports that TeamViewer uses to ensure no conflict:

I can confirm we do not have any current issues that would cause such a disconnection, between any operating systems.

Should the issue persist, as a licensed user our support team would be best equipped to further investigate the issue.

You can reach out to them directly here:

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• GG_Guy
    GG_Guy Posts: 1

I reinstalled on the Mac yesterday, but it's still dropping the connection. I'll try reinstalling on the PC today. Thanks for your help!