Cannot Remotely control even though control is granted

Options
ChaseBanhart
ChaseBanhart Posts: 1
edited April 2021 in General questions

Hello everyone,

I'm having the unfortunate issue of not being able to remotely control a laptop I have installed teamviewer on. Both my PC and the remote PC are windows 10 machines. Remote control shows as granted to my PC when I connect, but I cannot control anything, no input goes through the remote control window.

I have updated both teamviewer applications and restarted both machines, but I can't control the laptop remotely for some reason, and neither can my brother (who is running a minecraft server remotely on PC we need control for lol).

I have set up an easy access password on the remote machine that we use to connect to it, and have assigned our accounts to the laptop in question.

I have searched around for a resolution to this problem, but I am getting nothing but issues pertaining to macs, and we are not using macs.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Best Answer

• ChaseBanhart
    Answer ✓
    Options

Apparently a usb wireless keyboard/mouse dongle was the culprit. Although both the keyboard and mouse were off, some kind of interference was causing the PC to think that the dongle was sending scroll input from the mouse wheel.

Answers

• ChaseBanhart
    Answer ✓
    Options

Apparently a usb wireless keyboard/mouse dongle was the culprit. Although both the keyboard and mouse were off, some kind of interference was causing the PC to think that the dongle was sending scroll input from the mouse wheel.