GUI crashes when trying to get into options

gmcalpin
gmcalpin Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello,

I just installed TV 15.15.2 and every time I try to get into the options menu to set up unattended access, the GUI hangs up and then crashes. I tried doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of TV but that did not fix the issue. I installed from the 64bit .deb downloaded straight from the TV download site. I am running Linux Mint 20.1.

Comments

• Paxile2k
    Paxile2k Posts: 1
    edited March 2021

I have the same issue, I can reproduce it in linux mint 19.3 and 20

Teamviewer Version: 15.16.8

I ran it from a command line:

~$ teamviewer

Init...

CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes

Checking setup...

Launching TeamViewer ...

Launching TeamViewer GUI ...

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

~$

• gmcalpin

Yes, if I start from command line I get the same output.

• QtheTech
    QtheTech Posts: 0

Same problem here, identical to the original post above. I have two computers running TV 15.16.8, both computers Linux Mint 20.1, both updated today. Same problem- no access to options, GUI freezes then quits if "Options" is selected from the "Extras" category in the top menu. Other two options in "Extras" ("Play or convert.... " and "Open Log Files" operate as they should.

I'll open a service ticket as well...posted here in the event there's a quick fix for this anywhere.

• tim_t
    tim_t Posts: 0

Same exact problem here. Two different computers both running Teamviewer v15.16.8, both computers on Linux Mint MATE 20.1. All up to date. TV pauses a few seconds and then quits when clicking on Options either from the Extra's menu or from the right click menu from the icon on the tray. The teamviewerd service is still running after the GUI Segmentation fault (core dumped) however.

• Dirk1968
    Dirk1968 Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

Same Problem here,. i tried different installations via .deb and tarball. Same result...

System:

Kernel: 5.4.0-70-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.6.7

wm: muffin dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 20 Ulyana base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal

• Dumbo
    Dumbo Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

Same here as well. Tried on two different computers with the same result. Hope that the TeamViewer developers will fix this soon!

In the meantime, a workaround that did it for me, was to install an older version, configure it, and then update to the newer version. The settings were saved.

System: Kernel: 5.4.0-66-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0 Desktop: MATE 1.24.0

wm: marco dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 20 Ulyana base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal

• gmcalpin

Update: I just checked my TeamViewer version a little more closely and it is actually 15.16.8... the TV download site is mis-labeled with 15.15.2.

I just tried to reinstall with a fresh download and it's still crashing when I try to get into the options.

• caifanesco
    caifanesco Posts: 1

I had the same issue and i solved it by installing a previous version i had (15.9.5), which works perfectly.

I am leaving a download link for you if it helps (is for Debian based system, like Ubuntu or Mint). Hope it helps.

www.cesoft.com.mx/rc/teamviewer_15.9.5_amd64.deb

• Dumbo
    Dumbo Posts: 2 ✭✭

This seems fixed in version 15.17.6!

• panfren
    panfren Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

Not here- still crashes. Manjaro Linux, kernel 5.12 and nvidia binary driver (actually a dummy driver is used at the moment) and LightDM.

15.9.5 works without issues.