Teamviewer v9 on clients computers

After a license upgrade from v9 to v12, can I still connected to computers with Teamviewer v9 installed or all of them need to upgrade their computers from v9 to v12 or v15?

Best Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Addwings_383323,

As TeamViewer 9 and 10 have been sunsetted, you will need to update all your TeamViewer client to v12.

Community Manager

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hello @Addwings_383323,

You are welcome.

1) Yes, you will be able to use your license upgrade with version 14 as well.

2) Version 9 will be sunsetted on June 1, 2021, as mentioned in our announcement. Therefore, connection to version 9 will only be possible until this very day.

We recommend you to update your TeamViewer clients to the latest TeamViewer version.

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hello @Addwings_383323,

As TeamViewer 9 and 10 have been sunsetted, you will need to update all your TeamViewer client to v12.

Community Manager

• Addwings_383323
    Addwings_383323 Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hi, Jeank,

Thank you for your advice.

I have a TeamViewer 7 Business license purchased on 22 November 2011.

A Teamviewer v7 was installed on my laptop running windows XP when the license started and it was upgraded in 2020 to version 9. All devices I need to connected to at the moment have version 9 installed.

Can you kindly advise:

• Can I upgrade Teamviewer 9 on my laptop still running Windows XP to Version 14 with the original license? If yes, do I have to upgrade it again to the latest version next year?
    • Can a Teamviewer 14+ with a license connect to my customers' devices still running version 9 as they are not good with computers?

Regards

Zhang

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hello @Addwings_383323,

You are welcome.

1) Yes, you will be able to use your license upgrade with version 14 as well.

2) Version 9 will be sunsetted on June 1, 2021, as mentioned in our announcement. Therefore, connection to version 9 will only be possible until this very day.

We recommend you to update your TeamViewer clients to the latest TeamViewer version.

Community Manager

• Addwings_383323

Dear Jeank,

Thank you for your information.

I have carried out some test on different machines running different versions of Microsoft Windows operating system.

My Teamviewer clients also have different windows versions mainly XP and Windows 7. I have latest version 15 installed on an office computer running Windows 7 from which I connect remote computers. I do not yet have a license for this computer. I can connect one with TV v15 running win7, but I cannot connect one with TV v14 running Windows XP.

My questions are:

• If I subscribe a remote connection only package on this computer, can it connect a remote computer with TV v14 running windows XP?
    • My laptop is running windows XP and have a license for TV 9, Can I upgrade it to v14 and use it to connect remote computer with v14 installed? I intend to use the win7 with v15 to connect newer remote computers while use laptop for older machines.

Regards

Zhang

• JeanK

Hello @Addwings_383323,

With your Teamviewer 9 (now upgraded TeamViewer 15) license, you can connect to any previous version, as long as the version supports the operating system. Please find the details here:

Community Manager

• Addwings_383323

HI, Jeank,

I am trying to transfer the license on a laptop to a desktop computer which running TV15, I followed instructions on the web site and find only spaces for "Legacy License" . Is this where I should enter the license number because I read it saying for Free version only.

Can you give instructions do so?

Many thanks

Zhang

• JeanK

Hello @Addwings_383323,

Please make sure you have activated your license correctly on your TeamViewer account.

Once this is done, you only need to log into your TeamViewer account with v15. The software will automatically recognize your license and add the computer to your license.

Community Manager