I am trying to connect a windows 10 pc to a iMac OS X 10.9.5

Will_R
Will_R Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited April 2021 in General questions

I have downloaded TeamViewer to both machines.

When I try to connect remote control my iMac from my PC, I get a 'version out of date, update the remote Teamviewer. The version of Teamviewer that I down loaded to the iMac does not have a Help button in the menu bar, so

How do I update?

How do I know if I have the right version of Team Viewer on the iMac?

When I try to connect the iMac to the PC using the PC ID, I receive a message stating that I'm trying to connect to a newer version, do I want to update? When I select update, a message states I am on the latest version!

I hope someone can help.

Many thanks,

Will_R

PS the operating systems are; iMac is OS X 10. 9.5 PC is Windows 10.

Best Answers

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @Will_R

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

Could you please let us know the Operating Systems on the devices?

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Will_R
    edited April 2021

iMac is OS X 10.9.5, PC is Windows 10.

• JoshP
    Answer ✓

Hello @Will_R

I missed the title of the thread on my first reply; sorry about having you repeat information!

If using the free version of TeamViewer, we ask all users to update to the latest version - which is currently version 15.

However, some older operating systems may not be able to run the latest version:

As 10.9.5 can only run up to version 12, a connection to this OS would not be possible with the free version of TeamViewer.

We apologize for any inconveniences.

Josh P.

---

• Will_R
    edited April 2021

The answer I am looking for is a yes or no, regarding can I use Team viewer to remotely connect my PC to my iMac. [removed per Community Guidelines]

Many thanks,

Will_R

• JoshP
    Answer ✓

Hello @Will_R

As previously mentioned, if the Operating system you use cannot use version 15 of TeamViewer, then the connection is not possible using the free version of TeamViewer.

You would need to update the Mac to at least 10.11 (El Capitan) in order to install the latest version.

Josh P.

---

• Nogbad
    Nogbad Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

I'm trying to do user support for a friend. We're both using OSX 10.9 (Mavericks). We've both downloaded the latest version which runs on Mavericks, and clicking on 'Update' confirms this: You are using the latest version etc.

But when I try to view her screen, I get a message saying the other computer is using an old version of TeamViewer and she needs to upgrade before we can connect.

What's going on? Here's a screenshot of the version I'm using.

Martin