teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Do you want to enjoy the new TeamViewer user interface for Windows?

Download the new version and let us know what you think about it! 👉 Please click here 👈

Cancel my subscription

Answers

• The same thing it happening to me. Really is embarrassing that a prestige company use this kind of tactics to keep the clients trapped and get more money.

• It is not difficult to submit a ticket to cancel your subscription which i did.

However they refused to cancel citing their end user license agreement. I am one of those who did not read and assume i will be notification pior to renewal. just like dyndns, amazon or many others. Even if renewed, i am allowed to cancel or at least get a partial refund. Not for Teamviewer . They have just lost me as a customer.

• repeating **bleep**. 

Why you post almost the same post over and over again? There is missing info in your post and your support link DO NOT WORK!! 

If it feels like a scam it most likely is... 

Teamviewer is like a **bleep** page, they are also very good at hiding their cancellation process. 

Will never ever use again, time and technology has left teamviewer far behind.

• I am also trying to terminate my subscription. I have also generated the ticket. But I got no response. It's been more than a week.

Regards

Huda

• Esben
    Esben Posts: 3

I can't find any information on our subscription in the management console. 

How do we change credit cards number?

How do we change subscribed products?

How do we terminate the subscription?

Where do we see the renewal data for our subscription?

How do we cancel automatic renewal? 

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 3,994 Community Manager 🌍
    edited April 26

Hi @Esben 

Thanks for your post.

Please have a look at the following articles for more information:

All about Subscription 

TeamViewer Customer Portal 

Thanks and best,

Esther

Community Manager
  • Esben

I have tried requesting access to the customer portal before, by stating our license key, but have never been granted access. 

• Esther

Did you submit a ticket to request access to the Customer Portal? 

Community Manager
  • Esben

No, it is not possible

You have to log in to the customer portal to be able to submit a ticket about not being able to log in to the customer portal: 

To submit a ticket to us:

• Esther

Hej again Esben,

There are three different portals:

1. Ticketportal (access via licensed TeamViewer Account): https://support.teamviewer.com/ (direct link) or via https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/
      1. Use this for requesting access to the customer portal)
    2. Management Consolehttps://login.teamviewer.com/ 
    3. Customer Portal:
      • In case you are a new customer, you will receive the activation link in a separate email called Activate Your TeamViewer Customer Portal
      • If you are an existing customer, you can contact our support team and they can send the Customer Portal Activation Link via email to the main contact. Please note that we can only send the mail to the account associated with the license in our system.

Sorry for the confusion,

Esther

Community Manager
  • Hello Team,

Please your advice to cancel my subscription No. **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

• Vadpon
    Vadpon Posts: 1

I am planning to terminate the contract, but I do not know how to do it. Can anyone explain

• Is there a reason why the customer service ticket system is so miserable and mediocre ?

We keep creating ticket, and nobody answer for days, even during week business days. Then additionally, to add to the insult, someone (else than ourselve) decided it would be OK to remove our access to the customer portal without our permission and without making sure that it was working properly (since we never got any activation email nor that our license work in the automated system), just day before renewal, so that I have absolutely no control about my subscription.

This is borderline keeping a client in hostage in my opinion, so I am sorry if I think that Teamviewer crew should spend less time on blogging fancy article and more doing their actual job, but that pretty much it. 

I am not happy at all with the customer service that I am getting, especially since I am a client since v8

• cancelpro11
    cancelpro11 Posts: 3 ✭✭

The redirect to the community page is done WITHOUT ANY user information and
    THAT'S the root cause of all this messages in this threads, from my point of view.

This is is mentioned only in a small subtext on this page.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-EN/How-to-submit-a-ticket/ta-p/72027#toc-hId--**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

Note: If the account is not linked to a 
    valid TeamViewer license, the support
    portal will instead load the TeamViewer Community.

My suggestion is do not redirect to community page when a customer want a support.

If the user is not logged in then show them the login page, as every other Company
    do it in the industry.

I must agree that the Teamviewer Company looks quite unorganized as I got a Invoice even
    that have send a cancellation at least 4 Month before the Invoice date.

Maybe someone of Teamviewer Company care about the customer and user experience and
    try to change the redirect to a login page.

Even the Product looks good the Company behind the Product could have some improvments
    in there Processes, from my point of view.

To answer your question:
    Login into the Teamviewer Portal and AFTER THAT try to cancel your subscription.

• The problem is that the "portal" has problem recognizing valid licenses and the support system with the tickets system, is too slow to reply. Sound like I will have to start calling them...  Like If I only have that do to in a time of pandemic -_-

• jtrien
    jtrien Posts: 1

Would like to cancel my subscription.

• Logispot
    Logispot Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 25

I'm struggling with the same issue.

I tried to order a teamviewer remote control license, but I accidentally purchased a teamviewer meeting (Meeting Crew 50) license by mistake.

Can anyone help me to cancel my subscription for teamviewer meeting (Meeting Crew 50) license?

The invoice number and order number is [removed per Community Guidelines] and [removed per Community Guidelines] respectively.

Here is my ticket link for the cancel request : https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/112829/please-cancel-my-subscription-for-teamviewer-meeting-license#latest

• crambicure
    crambicure Posts: 1

Please cancel my subscription immediately and refund the amounts you charged on March 30, 2021. Your link to submit a ticket is broken, making it impossible to cancel. See https://www.teamviewer.com/en/customer-support/. If you do not do this, I will explore all available options. Thank you.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,257 [Former Staff]

Hi @crambicure,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please note that submitting a ticket requires a valid TeamViewer license. https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/72027-how-to-submit-a-ticket

It seems like that your account has not been activated a license. In this case, you can call our support team.

Please reach out to them directly via local numbers found here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/support/contact/

Hope this helps!

Best,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • DocRob
    DocRob Posts: 1

How come there is not an easy cancel button. You make it difficult to cancel subscriptions on purpose. THAT IS STRAIGHTOUT BS!!!!

• Timburne
    Timburne Posts: 3 ✭✭

This is ridiculous from such a large company. The email that is listed as a contact on PayPal is unmonitored! Such BS. I don't need Teamviewer now but next time I do I'll be looking for a different solution. Crooks

• Timburne

Ha ha @Esther what a load of BS....

Click Teamviewer customer portal as you mention here and...

Page Not Found

The page you were looking for could not be found.

It's like a scammy software company trying to stop leavers - far too simple to add a simple cancel button like any reputable business would...

Like some Insta diet selling scam

• Esther

HI Tim - thanks for mentioning that the links in my post above are no longer working. I corrected them now and can confirm that they are linking to the correct articles again (please see my original posting above).

The reason for this is that the post has been made prior to the migration of this community to a new platform. For some reason did the automated forwarded of the article not work correctly.

So don´t worry - it´s nothing scammy and I apologize for the non-working link. Our goal was of course that all links keep on working after the platform migration.

Best, Esther

Community Manager
  • Timburne

Hi Ether,

thanks for the note but to be honest I still think teamviewer is scammy - Only a very dodgy outfit would make it so hard to cancel and to be contacted. Maybe your churn rate is so so awful you need to hang onto people until they learn how to get out. No company I would want to work for though. And, importantly for your folks as I am a buyer, no company I will ever buy from again.

• Esther

Hi again Tim,

Sorry to hear that. I apologize that the cancellation process has been hard for you. Our goal is to make the whole process from using our software the first time until the very last day as comfortable as possible, but there seems to be room for improvements.

Rest assured that I will forward your feedback internally.

Thanks again for the time you took writing us your feedback!

I hope you will be using TeamViewer again one day in the future!

Best, Esther

Community Manager
  • JacobusB
    JacobusB Posts: 2 ✭✭

How can I cancel my subscription ?

Please assist , there is no obvious way to accomplish this ?

• MikeW_OMM
    MikeW_OMM Posts: 1

How do I cancel the subscription? Not able to get through using phone call and not able to open up a support ticket, so how do i cancel this?

• Need to cancel subscription -

• I've been trying to cancel my account for several weeks, but it seems to be impossible. I saw one reference from another frustrated customer where they were asked to raise a support ticket to close an account. I've ended up here trying to do that.

How do I cancel my account?

• QiuHongyun
    QiuHongyun Posts: 1

I got an email that my license will overdue one month later and the system will renew the license automatically from my account. I do not want to renew it and I need to know how to prevent it been renewed?