Activation Link Broken in the Activation Email

ABalm
ABalm Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Licensing

Can anyone tell me how to contact this company when you can not activate your license from the activation email? I can't raise a ticket without a license and there appears to be no way to get any kind of support without one.

Best Answer

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @ABalm

In this case we can create a ticket for you.

Please Private Message us the email address used for purchase, which you are trying to activate a license to.

Thank in advance.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• JoshP

Hello @ABalm

Thanks for your post.

If you are unable to access the ticket portal due to a license activation issue, you can reach out via the phone using local numbers found here:

Josh P.

---

• ABalm

Thank you @JoshP, however, you can not get phone support without a license. The license I purchased, Team Viewer Remote Access, does not come with phone support either.

I am about done wasting time trying to get help from the joke of a support system this company offers. I think it is time to write it off as a lessoned learned, submit cancellation letter so that it does not renew, and move on to a different remote access company. Hopefully one that takes care of it's customers better.

• JoshP
    Answer ✓

Hello @ABalm

In this case we can create a ticket for you.

Please Private Message us the email address used for purchase, which you are trying to activate a license to.

Thank in advance.

Josh P.

---

• ABalm

Thank you @JoshP,

Through all my digging and frustration I have learned a few things I didn't know before. I am actually trying to buy this license for an employee, can you confirm the following for me. I want to make sure I am heading the right direction if we can get the authorization email to work. License purchased was, Team Viewer Remote Access.

Does the license have to be activated from the device that will be connecting to the other TeamViewer locations?

Once the activation email is straightened out, can I forward the email to this employee for them to activate?

If not, is it possible to get the email changed to the employees email so that they will be able to activate it on their device?

Thanks for your help.

• JoshP

Hello @ABalm

Regarding your questions:

You can find more information on how to activate the license to your devices here. Steps 3 & 4 walk you through how to license the endpoints as well. The Remote Access license limits the devices you can connect to, so the setup is a bit different than our other licenses.

Once you receive the activation email, you can forward it to whomever should activate the license to their account.

Josh P.

---