Uninstall Enpoint Protection on Mac

I would like to know how to uninstall Endpoint protection on my mac.  It starts during startup and will not allow me to shut it off long enough to delete the app.  

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Burley365,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

To uninstall Endpoint Protection on your Mac, you need to click on your device in your Computers and Contacts list and untick the Endpoint Protection button:

2020-11-04 16_27_30-TeamViewer Tensor.png

The button should switch from blue to grey. Once it is grey, Endpoint Protection is uninstalled.

I hope this could help. ?
    If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Stay safe and sane! ?

Jean

Community Manager

• CitySpaces
    CitySpaces Posts: 5 ✭✭

This does not perform how described. I have many machines I would like to uninstall EndPoint Protection on (still using TeamViewer for remote access but do not need the EndPoint Protection). I have tried force quiting it within Activity Monitor and then deleting the Application in /Applications/ but it starts right back up again.

• CitySpaces

While all the icons are grey in my Web Console [ so should be uninstalled per your directions above] but the app remains in the system trays and actively running according to Activity Monitor.

Also - despite all icons being greyed out, I still receive the annoying alert for each machine that it is NOT running.

See screenshots.

• CitySpaces

More screenshots of client machine still running EndPoint

• Stanislav
    Stanislav Posts: 302 [Former Staff]
    edited April 2021

Hi, In the case that the Installation is not shown anymore in your Endpoint protection list in the Management Console you can always drag and drop the TeamViewer Endpoint Protection app from the Applications folder to the bin. Reboot your mac and the installation should be gone.

The second workaround would be to activate Endpoint Protection again, this time from the Management Console on the device. The old installation will be replaced then you can click uninstall from The Device list in the Endpoint Protection tab.

Also, it would be good to know how your devices ended up in the state that the Console does not recognize the installation but the app is still there.

Product Owner, Remote Management services.