Notice from creditreform for unpaid charges

pdgathani
pdgathani Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I had purchased the licensed version of Teamviewer last year. The license expired in June this year. I then decided to not renew my license any further.

Unbeknownst be me, an invoice had be sent to me by Teamviewer which went into my Spam folder. A few reminders were also sent but they were also in the Spam folder.

My account was then downgraded to 'Free User' from 'Licensed User' which is what I expected since I did not renew my subscription.

However, now I have received a notice from creditreform, a debt collection agency informing me of unpaid dues, slapping me with late charges and other fees (to the tune of about €100).

What do I do? I never wished to renew my license and I have been using the free version of the software, as I should have been.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Hi I also getting same. And they says if I dont pay within 10 days they will have to proceed with legal actions. Please help

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @rupeshprajan ,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, you would need to have this discussion with our support team as we cannot assist you with an issue like this via the community.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

All the best,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • how to contact support please?

• Yuri_T

Hi @Ivan19

Thank you for your post.

Please call or submit a support ticket so our support team will assist you further.
    We thank you in advance for your understanding.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

• Ja7
    Ja7 Posts: 2 ✭✭

@Yuri_T i have similar issue. How can i submit a support ticket if i don't have valid license at the moment? I don't want to make a call as i don't feel comfortable to speak with anyone and prefer to have everything on the paper.

• Yuri_T

Hi @Ja7

Thank you for your post ?

I understand that you would prefer to have a discussion on the support ticket.
    In this case, I still need to ask you to call our support team first, and please tell them that you prefer communicating in writing so they will create a support ticket for you ?

Thank you in advance for your understanding and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

• andresdom
    andresdom Posts: 1
    IN NO PART OF THE WORLD is one forced to use a service that we do not like and that does not serve us.

I sent an email to team viewer requesting a discount because my business went bankrupt, 
    we have no money, I told them that I no longer want to continue using their service , 
    and they replied that I had to request it 20 days before! 
    We are talking about annual payments gentlemen !! 
    It is not monthly as for me to remember each month when the license expires, 
    in 1 year one loses knowledge of what day a certain service expires, 
    because we are full of other services that are also paid annually!

The worst service I have ever seen in my life, never buy it!

• Ja7
    Ja7 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

@Yuri_t could you please help and escalate ticket [removed per Community Guidelines] somehow internally in your organization? The agent recently close the ticket without any reply to me. At the moment i asked for cancel subscription but don't have any confirmation that it's properly canceled.

I don't know why you are hiring people like this agent...

• wsc_1989
    wsc_1989 Posts: 1

Hello All,

I actually also received a similar treatment from Team Viewer with regards to this issue on debt collection from CreditReform.

I have emailed multiple times to the TeamViewer team regarding my issues on payment methods as I come from a non-profit organization and they did not respond to a single email.

I have also stated that I would like to cancel the account and they refused to cancel it as there is a 20 days minimum period before I could cancel my account. Hence, now I have been charged extra by CreditReform and upon a call to TeamViewer, they emailed and told me there was nothing they could do.

There was no empathy and consideration from the TeamViewer team with regards to my current situation. I then made the necessary payments and had no proper response from CreditReform on payment receipt and also my TeamViewer account is still deactivated.

This is one of the worst experience I have had from a software provider.

Very disappointing service.

• PDPTech
    PDPTech Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have been treated by teamviewer like they are hackers and provide ransonware. I am small biz IT support company and setup a client with teamviewer during covid and we didnt realize the renewal was automatic after the year was up. All emails from teamviewer went to spam folder and now we are in collection with a company creditreform that doesnt pickup or return calls and replies to my email the next day in german. Is there any customer service here? I call teamviewer and ALWAYS get disconnected during the call or when they say they are transfering me to support. if the debt wasn't in my clients name I would just rip it up.

I would NEVER EVER recommend teamviewer to anyone!!!!!