Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• ronemca
    ronemca Posts: 9 ✭✭

Same. After years of trouble-free use, suddenly it times out after about 30 seconds. This will still happen even if I have not yet connected to the remote machine. * And this issue has survived an uninstall, PLUS a full registry sterilization of all keys & values mentioning the word "teamviewer".

• Edwa
    Edwa Posts: 1

I am having the same issue for the last several days. I am using the free version of TeamViewer. I help my mom and others and this has been a great way to keep me from having to travel to her house.

• DrLowry
    DrLowry Posts: 1

This has been happening for about a week for me. Please help me find a solution.

• mpet72
    mpet72 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

I think it's time to move to third party content and tell Teamviewer where to go!!!

• rhatten
    rhatten Posts: 17 ✭✭

Same issue here for weeks now... Getting kicked off after a few seconds. I too provide for my familyin the same way (elderly Parents-pay their bills online from their computers etc from 6 states away). Teamviewer has now caused personal and financial strain on myself and my elderly parents putting us ALL at a higher risk of COVID-19 exposure. Thanks tradingview for being so timely in gaming the public on the PRIVATE users... FWIW I've been a TV user for over 6 years as a retiree and up until this past year have had no real issues as a PRIVATE user (ie NON Commercial) .

The reset form (ONLINE) will not accept entrys into the Name field so no one can generate the PDF thats needed for the reset request. I have sent NUMEROUS emails with NO response.

Teamview AIN'T on your team if you aren't a business. Please reset my account to Private User... rlhatten1

• rhatten
    rhatten Posts: 17 ✭✭

Still not fixed...

the Online form to rest is NOT WORKING.

The field that accepts the User TV id will NOT accept an entry (box remains outlined in RED) which will not allow for a REST request PDF to be generated.. This is like the 10th time I've tried to get TV to fix this issue and it never gets resolved. TV has NO tech support for this issue. ie NO resets can occur. Who's in charge over there??

• hairydog
    hairydog Posts: 3 ✭✭

I found out why the Create PDF button doesn't work. It asks for my postal code, which (like all UK postcodes) has a space in the middle.

But for Teamviewer, this is invalid. Without the space, it worked.

Then I'm meant to print it out, wrote on it, scan it in then upload the results.

Perhaps they hate trees?

Alternatively, install software from somewhere else.

• Rouffian
    Rouffian Posts: 2 ✭✭

I think that what screwed up my license is the fact that I installed Kaspersky yesterday. It thinks that I have multiple PCs now, as I appear to be a different PC elsewhere.

I am opening a ticket anyway.

• ronemca

I did find and read this thread (several recent posts, anyway) And I have been warned (and my post merged) And/but it is important that I point out the following:

* * My issue had no mention of the words "commercial" or "suspected". I also want to point out that I have always carefully selected the free/personal version...and have been using it on several rebuilt machines *trouble-free* for years & years & years.

In this most recent situation--first showing up about 24 days ago--I had just barely connected to the remote machine (same machine as always) and it kicked me off. It popped up a message that said I could retry in one minute, but after waiting more than one minute, it wouldn't even display the remote desktop...instead popping up the same message including the 'try-again-one-minute-from-now'. This happened half a dozen times over the course of a half hour or so. So I uninstalled (ticking the "Remove settings" box, * AND * I also sterilized the registry of all references to the word "teamviewer". After rebooting, I re-installed the app--carefully selecting the Free/Personal option--and it did the exact same thing. It is my belief that the anomalous behavior is somehow tied to * my profile *, as opposed to the software.

Further...

When I visit the RESET webpage, there's those 2 words again; "commercial" and "suspected". I was hesitant to go ahead, because--by proceeding--it makes me sound like I'm trying to trick the system (or I'm just stupid) Both of these premises are incorrect.

Further...

After printing/signing/dating & scanning the PDF document, I'm left with a JPG file (not a PDF) which will not upload because the website demands that I upload only a PDF. :-(

What a load of **bleep**.

• Hello dear support team. I have been using your program since 2017, I have the same list of contacts, there are about 10 of them, 7 are active. you can view all my logs, I did not violate the rules of the license agreement and respect the internal rules. but the system has imposed restrictions on my account, which makes it difficult for me to use your program. in this connection, I ask you to update my Id and provide unpaid access as before. with respect to you and your team, Vyacheslav!

• ronemca

Not cool. I spent quite a while earlier today typing in a long and detailed reply in the hope that it would provide some additional insight...and it has been removed! Why? I used no questionable language - I did not demean anyone; it was purely information (including the steps I had taken to fix my issue as well as some info about the 'RESET ACCOUNT' webpage. Please explain why it was removed(?).

• trippes
    trippes Posts: 6 ✭✭

I posted a comment on here outlining the issue I was having with Teamviewer disconnecting. I then received a very confrontational note from a moderator whom i won't name. The mail said "you have been warned" It then went on to say how my question was being linked together with all the other ones about commercial use. To clarify - it is not used commercially (@Moderator - please wait - don't re-assign - and do not send another "you have been warned" mail)

I receive absolutely no message at all stating that this is due to TV believing that Commercial use is happening. I simply get disconnected and then a reconnect limit imposed. Since there is no message stating something along the lines of "we suspect commercial use" - it is not unreasonable of me to believe that the issue is not one of commercial use.

If this does relate to commercial use then i think it would be mega useful if the application stated something like "we think this might be being used commercially" - or maybe send an email to me asking if it is.

Anyway - the 30 second connection time allowed by TV was just enough to not be able to help my 74 year old mother in law who simply wanted help her to attend a zoom call for her birthday. She found the whole thing very upsetting - but not half as much as i did - 2 hours of my life i won't get back.

The moderator hoped i had a nice day - and included a link for resetting my ID.

Interesting form - refusing to accept my UK postcode - stating "a zip code should be all numbers" - well - i am afraid a UK postcode, which i have - due to being in the UK, contains letters and numbers - so the PDF the link created is not accurate.

I found the moderator mail to be very rude. If i need to be informed that my post has been placed elsewhere - that is fine - then you can advise me of this. But do not send me a mail saying "you have been warned"

I am confidently awaiting another mail stating "you have been warned"

good luck all

• CriticalAngle
    CriticalAngle Posts: 1

Having the same problem. Been going on for weeks.

• trippes

Could the moderator please take a minute to clarify why this merits as a "warning" - you are using very inflammatory language "you have been warned"

And you have just sent another mail saying "You have been warned" - please clarify to me either on here or in private - why this merits a warning ?

Interesting - i only came on here for some assistance - and now i'm looking at raising a formal complaint with Teamviewer about the way this community engages with genuine queries

• trippes

OK - in fairness to Teamviewer - i have had a response - the "You have been warned" is merely a title for a mail - and i haven't actually been warned - which is nice. I think the mail should say "here is an update on your post" - however, moderator did take time to come back to me - that is appreciated.

Now - just fix the form which doesnt allow UK Postcodes :-)

• Edrichstl
    Edrichstl Posts: 5 ✭✭

How do I fix?\

• FuzzmanKs
    FuzzmanKs Posts: 54 ✭✭

I just wanted to update all of you. I have posted in this thread twice before (this week). I filled out the online form for RESET MANAGEMENT (as I mentioned above) on Tuesday evening. I tried a few minutes ago (this is Thursday) and everything seems to be back to normal for me. I only tried the remote computer that had been giving me troubles connecting (located in my home). I have a couple more I can try but I don't have time right now. As of this time, I have NOT received any email confirming my Teamviewer ID's had been reset. I don't know if I will get an automated response or not. Good Luck.

• rgates66
    rgates66 Posts: 1

Hello dear support team. I have been using your program since 2017, I have the same list of contacts, there are about 5 of them, 3 are active. you can view all my logs, I did not violate the rules of the license agreement and respect the internal rules. but the system has imposed restrictions on my account, which makes it difficult for me to use your program. in this connection, I ask you to update my Id and provide unpaid access as before. with respect to you and your team,

Rgates66

• JB_Thuis
    JB_Thuis Posts: 2 ✭✭

I see this huge list of people all with this problem, and I do not see a response from TeamViewer, or a solution.

I too am now experiencing this. I help several elderly people with computer stuff, and this use was approved (several years ago) by TeamViewer. (They sent me an email asking about it and then said it was all fine). Today, one of them called me for help to print an eulogy for a funeral tomorrow. 30 Seconds into helping him and the connection was broken by TeamViewer! I got the same dialog box everyone else is seeing: "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license. Connections to this partner will be blocked until ..."

TeamViewer - what's up? How can this be fixed? I really want/need to continue supporting these people. They need the help!

• Mark_P
    Mark_P Posts: 1

After attempting to connect to a family member, I immediately get disconnected and the following message shows up."

Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Connections to this partner will be blocked until 06:47.

"OK" button.

Every few weeks I try Teamviewer with a family member and right after connecting, it disconnects and shows me that message. When I wait the minute of time it tells me to wait, I try it again. It immediately disconnects me again and tells me to wait one minute again (the time will be 6:48 and it says to wait until 6:49). Either way, I am unable to use it. I have two family members that live far away. This message started with one family member. I was able to still connect to the other family member for another month or two. Now, this is happening with both family members. I use the free license under their terms.

• Lady_Tab
    Lady_Tab Posts: 1

Using Free version helping mentally challenged brother get booted after seconds. Tried a different user and had no issues. Biggest issue He doesn't see well and doesn't know enough to follow verbal directions. Will tell you what he thinks you want to here. Any 'fix' need to be done on this/my side. I think it thinks he's commercial

• ronemca

210429 - 22h10 EST: I've decided to re-type the long message I posted several hours ago (which was deleted) This is a slightly shorter one: As of a few days ago--after being booted off after a half minute for the seventh time...I decided to install TV on my wife's Windows machine (the free version as usual) and attempt a remote connection to my sister's PC, which I have been remote-assisting with for years). It worked the first time, and I remained connected in the usual way for as long as I needed. So--wanting to determine whether it wasn't a registry and/or software glitch in my machine--I uninstalled TV and then sterilized my registry of all references to teamviewer. Then, after rebooting, I re-installed TV and logged in. The exact same thing occurred when I attempted to remote-control my skister's machine; TV kicked me off after about 30 seconds. I *had* been thinking that the issue was tied to my log-in to the TV server...but I now believe that the issue is tied *to this machine's ID*, because the host machine was the only thing that changed when I ran my [sucessful] experiment.

One additional point for clarity: At no time have I seen the words "commercial" or "suspect" when I get booted out. It's like everybody else; some vague reference to "license". Oh - and on several occasions I got booted out before I had even seen my sister's desktop! It's that quick!

I have submitted the ID RESET request.

• Ernest4
    Ernest4 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Good day

I have been using my desktop account with my laptop account and lately I cant connect my desktop because its somehow uses commercial which is strange to me. Can I use TV for free like with my laptop

• Hello, I usually connect to my dads computer and my brothers computer to help them out and I have the free teamviwer. It now disconnects and says one of us is commercial. how do I stop this happening? I always connect from home and they are always both at home.

• ralnavman
    ralnavman Posts: 7 ✭✭

I get timed out and requested a reset 10 days ago. And this is the 2nd time that this has happened and I'm fed up now, can anyone suggest an alternative?

I've got a couple of computers without peripherals that I want to access from a laptop, they are running Windows, mostly 7.

There's no point trying to continue with Teamviewer, even though it does work well, but I can't keep going through this agro.

• Syrine
    Syrine Posts: 2 ✭✭

I do not have acces anymore to my account with a message telling me that I am using it for a professionnal use.

• MooseHands
    MooseHands Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

I use teamviewer a lot on my work computer and work phone but only for personal use with my home computer. i never use it for customers or anyone else. in the last week i have been getting flagged everytime i use teamviewer and it boots me. am i doing something wrong?

• 01daell
    01daell Posts: 1

Hello,

I have approx 5 computers at home which I use TV to remote connect to, not for commercial purposes (I have a free licence). I upgraded all of my machines from the 32bit TV software to 64bit. When I connect to any of my machines, after approximately 40 seconds the connection terminates and says Connection Timeout, however I am acitvely using the machine while it does this. I have checked my settings under Advanced and there is no timeout limit set. Could anyone advise?

• ColQuine21
    ColQuine21 Posts: 1

I also updated to 64 bit version today (personal use). I was trying to help out an 86 year old retired colleague and also had this connection timeout. The implication was that the time of connecting had been exceeded - although I had not been had to provide support for her for over a fortnight. So it looks as though there is a problem in this version?

• Goosa
    Goosa Posts: 1

Since there is no customer service, their chat-bot, and even the contact links for free license holders redirect to these forums, I guess I'll post this lunacy here.

I have been with teamviewer since their start because they are a truly great service when running properly. I have many devices, and do tech support for my family ONLY as per the free-use license requires. I don't even help friends with it, just family. I have been targeted repeatedly as a suspected commercial use violator, and vindicated every time. Now I'm getting timed-out after being connected for 30 seconds and blocked from connecting again.

The image is me trying to appeal through this broken automated system. Notice, I generated the PDF, signed and scanned it, and now It's saying the 252 KB pdf can't be submitted because "only PDF files are allowed".

You need a system to flag your system when it flags, clears, flags, clears, etc. etc.

Please whitelist my account, and you'll never hear from me again.