teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Introducing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection and Endpoint Detection and Response (Integrated)

Stanislav
Stanislav Posts: 297 Staff member 🤠

We are very proud to announce a new Partnership between TeamViewer and Malwarebytes. With this release, we are providing state of the art Endpoint Security for TeamViewer customers.

Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection provides cloud-based malware protection and remediation with precise threat detection, proactive threat blocking, and thorough remediation. Endpoint Protection is fully scalable and easy to use for organizations of all sizes.

• Lightweight agent – Keep endpoints operating at full speed, so you don’t have to choose between protection and performance.
  • Complete protection – Protect your devices against viruses, spyware, ransomware, zero-day exploits, Trojans, rootkits, and more.
  • Mass deployment – Deploy Endpoint Protection silently through TeamViewer, with no user disruption.

Endpoint Detection & Response

Designed to meet the security needs of enterprises and mid-market businesses, Malwarebytes Endpoint Detection and Response provides all the functionality of Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection and adds several critical EDR elements.

• Behavioural monitoring – enterprise-class detection that employs machine learning technology to spot anomalies, such as brute force attacks.
  • Isolation modes – Utilize various modes to isolate threats and keep them from spreading.
  • Ransomware rollback – 72-hour ransomware rollback for Windows workstations, so you never have to pay a ransom, or lose your data.

TeamViewer Endpoint Protection customers are able to start Using Malwarebytes Endpoint protection or Endpoint Detection and response in parallel to their current subscription.

For a complete description of the product and technical details, you can read the changelogs: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/114318/new-integrated-malwarebytes-endpoint-protection-and-endpoint-detection-and-response

For more information about the product please have a read here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/remote-management/endpoint-protection/

Product Owner, Remote Management services.

Comments

• Bokscar
    Bokscar Posts: 2

Exciting, will this be replacing the Bitdefender based Endpoint Protection in the future? Will there be an option to migrate existing licenses from Bitdefender based protection to this new Malwarebytes based protection?

• Stanislav
    Stanislav Posts: 297 Staff member 🤠
    edited May 12

Yes, we stopped active development for TeamViewer Endpoint protection. and will phase it out over the next 2 years. Both TeamViewer endpoint protection and Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection (integrated) can be run in parallel as there is a distinctive view for each product. The only requirement is that only one Real-Time protection is active at one time on a device.

At this moment uninstalling is a single per device action, we will automate this process and provide a migration tool during the summer for easier transitions. Even without the automated tool, the process of moving from one solution to another in a mid-size company cat take 1-2 days which is a quick time for any software replacement especially a security solution.

We encourage everyone to trial and let us know what we can improve for each context, looking forward to the In product feedback or here in the community.

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
  • u101440
    u101440 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Sounds good. So this is a complete replacement for TeamViewer Endpoint Protection then? We have recently started using TeamViewer Endpoint Protection but would like to move across to Malwarebytes but how do we do this with our current subscription for TVEP in place? When I go to the Malwarebytes section of the site I can click Get Started but it's saying I can start a free trial but if I'm looking to transition then how do we go about this? Do we need to sign up to the "trial" and then remove all the TVEP clients before installing the Malwarebytes version? You mention that atm uninstalling is a single per device action (this is easy enough for us to do at present) but do we need to start a trial of the Malwarebytes section before we do this?

Apologies if there is guidance somewhere but I don't see this at present.

Thanx

• DonkeyMcPunch
    DonkeyMcPunch Posts: 3 ✭✭

Major issues with this. Several PC's are not showing up in teamviewer but show up on the malwarebytes side. removed and reinstalled and always says activation failed while it keeps increasing license count. No support at all. Very upset as i have been a paying customer since teamviewer 7