Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• KJLimited
    KJLimited Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have been using my personal version of TeamViewer remotely to help monitor my back up on my PC from my iPad. This has been working ok and have not been using it for any type of commercial/business usage. I generally log on and take all of 10 minutes at a time (average about 2-3 per day). Two days ago I tried logging on and was given a screen to buy the business plan for $600. Again I am not using this for commercial. The only thing I can think that might've triggered was that I did install TeamViewer on my laptop which is network to my PC and wanted to see how the backup from the laptop to one of the external named drives on my desktop was doing. Maybe this somehow triggered it to think I was doing something commercial.

I read in a blog that this happened to someone else and they contacted TeamViewer to explain and they reset(?) their free usage parameters. Is this true and if not what channels /directions does anyone recommend so I can go back to using the platform for my personal use which is what it has always been. I'm sure I might have to also update my profile that shows a very old computer that I used eons ago also.

Thanks in advance.

Sir K

• Doyen
    Doyen Posts: 7 ✭✭

I'm still doing my own investigation and testing to see if I can sort things out.

What I can suggest people consider trying is using a different network connection on the machine in question. In other words, if you have both Ethernet and WIFI on a machine, try using the other. Before you switch, make sure to logout of your account in TV, make sure that TV does NOT start with Windows, and then reboot. Now change your network device, and reboot again after the change. Then run TV and see if that helps with your issue.

If you don't have a second network adapter, it should be noted that USB network adapters are dirt cheap, (about $10/€10) and it never hurts to have another network adapter around in case yours fails or has driver issues.

Note that your client may have a new ID when you launch the client, so if connecting from another machine, don't use the ID unless you double-check it first. Let me know if this helps...

• dhsebastian
    dhsebastian Posts: 9 ✭✭

I just hooked up a monitor to the 2 headless machines that I usually control from a WiFi connected laptop using TV (that has been incorrectly flagged for commercial use). Both of these machines are hardwired to the (FIOS) WiFi router. Both run the TV client with no disruption or commercial use error warning. So, I dug up a tablet that I don't usually use and it connects (via WiFi) without disruption. Back to my primary laptop - still terminates all sessions as "commercial use". So it seems to be machine-specific rather than connection specific. Perhaps they are counting number of uses and the laptop that serves as my command post crossed a threshold? The management reset web page still doesn't function so I can't submit an appeal.

• KJLimited
    KJLimited Posts: 2 ✭✭

UPDATE: I was told that if there is a chance that commercial use was detected on the ID's used that I must log in to my account and fill out a form that I list the ID(s) and to basically give/provide a statement stating why I am using the product. They will review it and reset the ID's and/or provide feedback.

I will update further within 48 hours - and still looking to see if anybody else has any ideas and/or experienced similar.

• MooseHands
    MooseHands Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

I submitted the signed PDF for reactivation and I never heard back from them. Do i need to re submit a new form?

• Jim_H_0929
    Jim_H_0929 Posts: 0

Once Connected to my partners computer I receive a message session ended a time out occured. This has never happended before. Only use team viewer for personal use only between my father and me. Please help

• mplegge
    mplegge Posts: 1

Why does this happen? Then I cannot get in until much later

• MarkDS
    MarkDS Posts: 1

Something must have broke. Been using the FREE version since 2014 on my Home boxes with no, and I mean ZERO issues. It was flawless.

Now, ever since Monday 05/10 I have been getting the dreaded TIME_OUT with a dialog box sometimes saying it thinks I am commercial, which I am NOT, and did I mention it was ZERO errors and flawless for 7 years prior to Monday.

So, does anybody have an in with SUPPORT, that they can get someone to look at this, as I see from the message board it ain't me alone.

Thanks very much.

MarkDS

🤢

• conyeje2
    conyeje2 Posts: 1

I've started having the same issue with using Teamviewer as well. I recently changed my parent's home internet from Uverse to Tmobile Home internet. I wonder if Teamviewer tries to detect commercial use by detecting whether data being transmitted over the internet is occurring over a cellular sim connection vs a standard wired connection, and if it flags any sim based traffic as commercial use.

• Waguih
    Waguih Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

I establish a local connection between two of my computers where one is monitoring and controlling the other. The remote computer's TeamViewer is configured to run in unattended mode. Things had been running file for ages until the last TeamViewer update. Since then, I can still connect with no problem, but the connection terminates almost immediately due to "Session Timeout". I tried setting the Session Timeout on both computers to Off, as well as various hour settings without success. How can I get around this problem and possibly be able to control this Timeout?

Thank you

• saibi3078
    saibi3078 Posts: 0
    I am not for commercial use. Please unblock.

• plz resolve this problem

• FuzzmanKs
    FuzzmanKs Posts: 54 ✭✭

I wanted to give an update from what I previously posted above (starting about 2 weeks ago). On the evening of April 27, I did the PDF form to reset the TV ID's that I have been connecting to. I listed 5 ID's that i regularly connected to. When you fill out the form, be sure you are listing the machine TV ID's and not listing your TV account username. That may be why some folks are NOT able to create the PDF. In less than 48 BUSINESS hours I tried using TV and discovered my system had been reset and I have been good to go since then. I may have been ahead of crowd, so it may take longer for you to be reset.

Today, 2 weeks after I filed the PDF, I got automated email telling me my the 5 ID's had been reset. The email included the Troubleshooting note I have copied below:

----------------------------

Troubleshooting:

I have been reset but I'm still getting the message saying I'm using TeamViewer commercially. What can I do?

If you are still getting the pop-up saying you are using TeamViewer commercially, it is most probably due to the fact that:

1. the TeamViewer ID of the remote device you are trying to connect to might be flagged as being commercially used.
    2. Please keep in mind that a TeamViewer connection always involves two devices (TeamViewer IDs) and that we are presenting the pOpUp on both sides of the connection.
    3. If you think that this is not the case and that connecting to this device is private use, please repeat the process and fill out an additional form for this/these TeamViewer ID(s): https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset/
    4. the TeamViewer ID(s) that you submitted is/are invalid or do(es) not exist.
    5. In order to prevent this, please check if the data you have submitted is correct. To do so, please open your signed declaration (PDF-file) and check if the TeamViewer ID(s) you provided match(es) the TeamViewer ID(s) you are using.
    6. In this case, please repeat the process and fill out a new form for this/these TeamViewer ID(s): https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset/

Please note that if your usage pattern changes and your TeamViewer connections are deemed to be commercially flagged, your reset may be reverted at any time.

=======================

I hope this information may help you understand what is going on.

• TeamViewer I think I use my free version for Acquisition and I do not in any way

• rowanjoyner
    rowanjoyner Posts: 4 ✭✭

The form will not accept UK post codes, specifies digits only, our codes have format AA1 1AA

• EdwardUK
    EdwardUK Posts: 47 ✭✭
  • tobya
    tobya Posts: 1

I wanted to know if the free non-commercial use version still works?

• Dreww
    Dreww Posts: 1

Good evening to everybody,

as the title says, I'm having this problem since 1 month or so; I also waited for updates, hoping it would have been solved, but unfortunately, it didn't.

I use TeamViewer non commercial, as I used to connect 2 laptops, mine and my father one, in different rooms.

Since at least one month, after 30-45 seconds after I connect to his laptop, it automatically kicks me off, saying the time I had for session is over. If I try to reconnect, it says (I'm translating, so probably won't be too much accurate) "connection blocked due to max time reach. Your license limits the max duration of a session and immediate reconnections will be blocked again. Connections will be blocked until *a time that is generally 1 minute later than I connected in first time*". So I wait several minutes, and try to reconnect: I get the same error, but the time it's now switched to the minute later and so on, obviously it's impossible to use it this way.

The same occurs if I try to connect from my father's laptop to mine.

I'd like to understand if there have been some changes in free to use policies by TeamViewer (not letting to use it more than 30 second per connection and per hour) - in this case I'll uninstall it suddenly, either my account has some issues I can solve.

Thanks to everybody,

Drew

• Jasar
    Jasar Posts: 1

hello. i have a free account for teamviewer that i only access my home pc from my phone or other computer.

but from some time its kicking me off becouse commercial use.

how can i contest it ?

• hagoran
    hagoran Posts: 2 ✭✭

Why can't i Use the free version? I have been using it for many years to help my friends.

• uperOrvin
    uperOrvin Posts: 0

Hello!

Where I can ask about free access using only?

• Dgutkin
    Dgutkin Posts: 5 ✭✭

Your help is frustrating and quite useless.. I have a free acct and am getting cut off after a minute on a computer I have been accessing for years. Help is so ambiguous. Goes round and round with no resolution. Terrible

• demondJoned
    demondJoned Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am still facing an issue with the commercial use reset. The email stated it could be that the ID of the device I am trying to log in to is the one that needs to be reset. How do I go about doing a reset on that device? I tried to log in and do a reset on that ID but I received the error of: Your request has already been submitted and is pending further review. Thank you for your patience as we process your request.

I thought it was just the overall account but since that is not the case, can I get some assistance on resetting the ID on my other device? I am assuming this is a case number TV: 0196708267

• ivan229
    ivan229 Posts: 0
    edited May 2021

Hello.

I'd like to claim that my TeamViewer account is suspected as Commercial, however I'm using it only to access a couple of my own devices. What should I do? I can't connect to pc

• RickShyGuy
    RickShyGuy Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

How to be? The program doesn't let me work! Terminates the session immediately after a couple of seconds! Writes that commercial use was found when I only use it for personal needs. How to be and where to write? I switched to **Third Party Product** because Team Wiewer created incredible problems for me, interrupting my ability to remotely contro

Как быть? Программа не даёт мне работать! Сразу прерывает сеанс через пару секунд! Пишет, что обнаружено коммерческое использование, когда я пользуюсь только для личных нужд. Как быть и куда написать? Перешёл на **Third Party Product** ибо Team Wiewer мне создал просто невероятные проблемы перерыв мне возможность удалённого управления.l.

• How do you fix your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner?

I am usin teamviewer only for personal use

• fatso
    fatso Posts: 1

Since tonight I am disconect after 1 minute I have the free version. I use it to help my mother

What s the problem I do not receive any warning

I have the last version

Alain

• sdurante75
    sdurante75 Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

I was flagged as commercial use detected and followed the links to reactivate ID. I was brought to the reset management URL and first step requires basic information: Name, address, ID and reason. Upon entering all this info I click "Generate PDF" but nothing happens. I've tried other Chrome and Edge brwoser but same thing. I"m unable to get past this first step.

• FaMunoz
    FaMunoz Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi and good morning,

i have the issue, that Teamviewer thinks, i'm using it for commercial use.

I tryed via reset to explain my behavior.

now i have the issue, i can't download the needed pdf. the button is not working/doing anything.

Did somebody else had this issue? if yes, how did you fixed it?

Also, i cant go back to generate. i'm like stuck in this process for days now.