How do I turn off Ads?

MrKim
MrKim Posts: 7 ✭✭

Every @#$% time I remote to a client when I am done I get an ad trying to sell me more TV stuff! EVERY TIME!

How do I turn it off?

BTW I am an American in Taiwan for the Covid Duration and the adds are offering me asian discounts.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,982 Community Manager 🌍

Community Manager

• MrKim

I found it funny that when I tried to turn it off it gave me a warning that I might miss something important. It you limited it to stuff that is important I would leave it on. I would even leave 7it on for stuff that is NOT important if, when I clicked don't show this again you didn't show it again. I just keep getting the same thing over and over.

• dricciedu
    dricciedu Posts: 1

I do not see this option on the Mac version - Version: 15.19.4 (4e9fde45e28)

Not only are these popups annoying to us as a paying customer, they will not dismiss properly and usually end up as a gray or white box overlaying the TeamViewer GUI, causing us to need to force quit the program. This is unacceptable.

• CristianPrf
    CristianPrf Posts: 1
    edited September 2022

Absolutely, we are paying for this! Why do we have to see those ads. Besides, clicking on "don't show this again" does NOTHING.

This is beyond annoying.

• MrKim

Well, this is interesting. The solution proposed by JeanK which to a solution by Esther refers to version 15.8.3. It is over two years since that post. I am on version 15.34.4 and no such check box exists. In the location shown.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,982 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @MrKim,

Thanks a lot for reaching out! 🙌

In the meantime, the option has moved to the Account tab:

I hope this could help, and sorry for the confusion!

/JeanK

Community Manager