Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• FaMunoz
    FaMunoz Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi @AlenaC ,

Thanks for the fast answer.

I tryed it out with clearing Cache&Cookies, an other browser and the two browsers in incognito mode. Nothing helped.

I click on the button, nothing is happening.

As i dont have a payed license, i can't reach out to the support. but i also can't create a new reset-request.

So, i'm stucked. Is there an other way to ask for a request.

• EdwardUK
    EdwardUK Posts: 47 ✭✭

Many people are finding that Teamviewer are resetting incorrect IDs. I had similar happen just today. Seems that the team are totally overwhelmed by all these false positive appeals and making mistakes.

Trouble is that it takes a couple of days for users to be able to resubmit their appeals as the web process remains locked (still shows 'under process')

@Esther , please could you check this out? The frustration level for many people is simply magnified by these new mistakes done by the Teamviewer team.

Edward

• JoseAntunes
    JoseAntunes Posts: 0

I don't know why, but last week i have this problem.

I'm using the personal licence, wich i can "controll" my devices remotly and appear a information box that saying "Business licence detected". I just use team viewer for my personal purpose.

What should i do?

• Yoyo1912
    Yoyo1912 Posts: 1

I use teamviewer to close my boyfriend's pc and he does the same for me. Also I sometimes show him how to do stuff. But recently I get timed out all the time after 2 minutes and I get a message with the text "connection blocked until...time". If I try using it after the time passed I get a new deadline. I don't know why, cause my license is the free one. Also I can't click on his computer anymore.

• Alan_Hood
    Alan_Hood Posts: 1

Looks like I'm not the only one with problems. My situation is that I use TeamViewer to help a retired local priest with limited sight, and it's been wonderful during the lockdown as I don't need to go to his house and can help him remotely. This is completely non-commercial.

As has been described by others in this thread, I can now only connect for 1 minute before being kicked off and told I cannot reconnect until X. This is not commercial use, and it's a lifeline for him. Please resolve whatever is causing this issue, I've been using TeamViewer for a considerable time and not had this issue before.

Alan

• pcmdnh
    pcmdnh Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same boat. Is there actually an email for support to contact them?

• SamsonMcNulty
    SamsonMcNulty Posts: 1

I'm having a similar issue. I used the account reset form as I figured it was related to possible commercial use flag but even now after getting an email that my ID's were reset, I'm still limited to 2 minute connections and get the same connection blocked error. This is from a windows pc to a linux system.

• kwilbeck
    kwilbeck Posts: 1

Hello! I have been using Teamviewer to access a Samsung tablet, but lately, it has been timing out after 1 minute of inactivity. I haven't changed any settings on the tablet, so I'm wondering how I can get the timeouts to stop.

• KevinJay
    KevinJay Posts: 1

Same issue here.

Filled in the form to "unblock" this but after one minute same issue happens again.

Looks like there is some kind of bug in the software (when so many people have this issue now)?

Not sure why there is no feedback from Teamviewer after all these weeks. I mean it is their offical forum!?

• dhsebastian
    dhsebastian Posts: 9 ✭✭

To build on my previous, like so many others, I had my PC incorrectly locked out for suspected commercial use (btw, just the laptop I usually to use to help family others do not seem blocked - yet...). I filled out the web form and after a few days I received a not from TV that my ID has been unblocked. However, my sessions still time out after 1 min even though I do not get a commercial use error.

• EdwardUK
    EdwardUK Posts: 47 ✭✭

Many people are getting the email from Teamviewer saying that their ID have been reverted back to free personal use. However it looks like Teamviewer are assigning the wrong ID to their reset. All we can do is try for another reset via the pdf process in the hope that Teamviewer gets it right the second time round.

• Tulio_Santos
    Tulio_Santos Posts: 1

Me too. What have a do?

• skattrd
    skattrd Posts: 1

Hi,

I use Teamviewer to sporadically look after my family computers, I connect maybe 2-3 times per year. Recently I tried to connect to my Mother's pc and it stated I am using it for commercial use and it disconnects me almost immediately then doesn't allow me to reconnect.

Is there anything that can be done to set this back to believing that I am not a commercial user? and allowing me the standard free use? A check of my account and the amount of connections I make should easily verify this as I so rarely use, but it is invaluable when I do.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @GeraldFS,

I recommend:

• clearing cache & cookies on the browser
    • using a different browser

Community Manager

• Ed_Dougherty
    Ed_Dougherty Posts: 5 ✭✭

activate free version

• Giovanni_Brogi
    Giovanni_Brogi Posts: 1

I encontered the same issue: Nothing happens when I click "download PDF" I experienced the same con both Chrome and Edge browsers

• RonCook
    RonCook Posts: 0

I am using TeamViewer for personal use, but I am being disconnected because the software says it appears that I am using it for business. This is not the case. What do I need to do to get this fixed? Thank you

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Ed_Dougherty,

Could you explain a little more in detail what are the issues you are facing?

Community Manager

• ihorkit
    ihorkit Posts: 1

Am using TimeViever for support family members How can I get free License?

• G109B
    G109B Posts: 5 ✭✭

I got as far as "Download PDF" in the verify personal use procedure, then nothing. It is not in my downloads folder, or anywhere else I can think of.

• G109B
    G109B Posts: 5 ✭✭

This is driving me mad, "download pdf" produces NOTHING, what a farce !!!

I have just bought a KVF switch, far simpler.

• KIENZLER
    KIENZLER Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

i'm suspected not to be fair in my Teamviewer use.

I'm listed as a commercial user but i use this software less than an hour/month.

I really dont understand this decision and it's quite difficult now to help my parents.

How could i be white listed now, is there any procedure ?

I dont understand how they can believe it's a non fair use , just read my log plesae, quite esay to link a IP to my Teamviewere ID i guess.

Did someone got a solution please ?

Regards

• KIENZLER
    KIENZLER Posts: 2 ✭✭

Oh i think i got it,

I use Teamviewer on my professional computer.

I work as an IT technician.

I work from my home now , at least 3 days per week (Covid-19 situation).

My IP adress is the same, even if my usage, Teamviewer ID and computer are different.

I use Teamviewer several times per day for my professional use ( with an official groupe licence aquired by my employer).

I dont want to use m y professional pc for personal use...

Could a TV admin contact me to fin a solution please ?

Regards

• GeneraznXz
    GeneraznXz Posts: 7 ✭✭

I think this thread is for us to complain about our error we all been getting for the past 2 month but no one really cares about free users. That is why this is here for. All we can do is complain but in reality no one really read this but the people that are having issue with the free license.

When you try to use the chat bubble, they ask if you're a paid or free user. If you choose free user they send you off to use the community forum but I think if you choose paid user they treat you like a king.

I guess this is one way for Teamviewer to permanently get rid of the free license. Just drop all the free users onto a specific spot and complain all they want while they muted this thread and one day when everyone stop using it, they'll be like ezpz we got rid of the free user with no effort.

Best to find alternatives as it doesn't seem like it would be fix anytime soon or at all.

• I have two computers associated in my account with free license but whenever I try to connect to my computer it says that I'm using Teamviewer in a commercial environment, but I'm not. Is there any solution to this?

• Nick_Russell
    Nick_Russell Posts: 3 ✭✭

I keep getting this. Latest when I was connected to my 94 year old mother. This is something that has changed within Teamviewer. A few weeks ago a friend was locked out. I filled in a form and got a message that account was unlocked, but it was not and I cannot connect to him. No chat or email facility so do not know what to do.

• Nick_Russell
    Nick_Russell Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

Commercial use - Connection time out

This post now has 277 pages. Please would TeamView sort this out!

See also -

Trouble connecting remote computer

And -

Can't use Teamviewer more than a minute

Many people reporting same issue. It seems to me free users are deliberately being forced out.

Thanks

• greghare
    greghare Posts: 2 ✭✭

One of my two home PCs is for some reason showing as commercial use, how do I fix this? There was a useless link in the error message to fill out a form but it doesn't go anywhere

• DavidCrosson
    DavidCrosson Posts: 2 ✭✭

I get a session timeout just after connecting to my remote computer, then locked out. Fix?

• AtomicQuail
    AtomicQuail Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

EDIT (BTW I clicked to comment on the post not answer.)

I am having the same issue. I have Had my ID's reset a couple times as it seemed they suspected commercial use. However the problem persists. Looking for help as well.