How do I turn off Ads?

Options
MrKim
MrKim Posts: 7 ✭✭

Every @#$% time I remote to a client when I am done I get an ad trying to sell me more TV stuff! EVERY TIME!

How do I turn it off?

BTW I am an American in Taiwan for the Covid Duration and the adds are offering me asian discounts.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Community Manager

• MrKim
    Options

I found it funny that when I tried to turn it off it gave me a warning that I might miss something important. It you limited it to stuff that is important I would leave it on. I would even leave 7it on for stuff that is NOT important if, when I clicked don't show this again you didn't show it again. I just keep getting the same thing over and over.

• dricciedu
    dricciedu Posts: 1
    Options

I do not see this option on the Mac version - Version: 15.19.4 (4e9fde45e28)

Not only are these popups annoying to us as a paying customer, they will not dismiss properly and usually end up as a gray or white box overlaying the TeamViewer GUI, causing us to need to force quit the program. This is unacceptable.

• CristianPrf
    CristianPrf Posts: 1
    edited September 2022
    Options

Absolutely, we are paying for this! Why do we have to see those ads. Besides, clicking on "don't show this again" does NOTHING.

This is beyond annoying.

• MrKim
    Options

Well, this is interesting. The solution proposed by JeanK which to a solution by Esther refers to version 15.8.3. It is over two years since that post. I am on version 15.34.4 and no such check box exists. In the location shown.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @MrKim,

Thanks a lot for reaching out! 🙌

In the meantime, the option has moved to the Account tab:

I hope this could help, and sorry for the confusion!

/JeanK

Community Manager