Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• tonyhoon70
    tonyhoon70 Posts: 1

I am a non-commercial user. I just started using teamviewer yesterday in a several months. And, today, I had to connect my remote PC in the morning, but I saw the popup message says my usage time is limited and it could be used again a few minutes later.

I saw such message for the first time. Is that your new plan for non-commercial users?

If so, how much is my time limit allowed on one remote connection?

• FuzzmanKs
    FuzzmanKs Posts: 54 ✭✭

That is not allowed for personal/private use. The work network will (apparently) keep triggering the commercial use block. See the blog that has the details in the first post in this thread.

• FuzzmanKs

It sounds like you use a cell/smartphone to connect to computers? Do you have a PDF creater / reader app on your smartphone or device you are using when you try to create the PDF? I also just read yesterday on Teamviewers Support twitter account that electronic signatures are an acceptable way to sign the PDF you are creating. It did not define if the signiture could be printed characters or needs to be an image of your signature. So I assume it will accept typing in your name.

• Supervinnie40
    Supervinnie40 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Said to hear I'm not the only one.

Seeing as I often login on the website, I haven't been able to find an ID for that computer. I also assumed that my ID would stay the same if I just use the Teamviewer website. Anybody know if that's true? Or do you get a new ID for every other computer you use to login on the Teamviewer website?

• Edoco
    Edoco Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello i would like if there is some from support who can help me,

i can't send a support ticket;

my problem is that when i start a connect with a computer it show me up a message i finished my free time and it ll disconnect soon,

but it show me that when i didn't use it during the all day,

it's looks like it counting my usage time wrongly

thanks for support

• TimAllen
    TimAllen Posts: 1

when i try to connect to my sisters pc, the connection lasts about 5 seconds then ends - any suggestions ?

I'm on a free personal subscription

Thanks

Tim

• MarcinSz
    MarcinSz Posts: 0

How to spread the session limit time-out? I have free version and usong it non-commercial mode (to help my disabled Sister to manage Her computer

• kmcphotog
    kmcphotog Posts: 1

I have sent in the form a few times regarding non commercial use...and have been approved...however I keep getting booted off...should I unistall and reinstall? not sure how to solve this problem

• apvofc
    apvofc Posts: 1

I am having the same problem - the "pdf" button remains "grayed out", and I cannot download the file. Nothing appears to have downloaded automatically. Still have this problem - Not seeing a solution here, either.

• csaundersnv
    csaundersnv Posts: 1

I've been trying to utilize Reset Management page for 8 months now, but clicking the Generate PDF button only adds a carriage return to the Memo field without doing anything else, and additional clicks have no response in Edge (PC), Internet Explorer 11, and Chrome.

Is there any other mechanism for submitting or emailing a JPEG of PDF capture of the Reset Management page to Technical Support?

It's unbelievable that this problem has been reported by so many people and page has not worked for so long! Please Help!

• Freem
    Freem Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

Hello.

When you fix error "The license limits the maximum session duration for the partner" for free license?

I haven't been able to connect anywhere for months. It looks like you will have to switch to your competitors ' app((🤨

It's unbearable. Previously, TeamViewer was more stable.

• Zvika
    Zvika Posts: 1

I keep getting messages that commercial used discovered, and sessions are stopped, while I am just using personal use.

What should I do?

• FuzzmanKs

Scroll back up a couple of days and you will find the procedure to get it hopefully corrected (reset).

• FuzzmanKs
  • FuzzmanKs

No. Support says that does not work. If you read the blog mentioned in the first post of this thread you might find a hint as to what you might be doing to trigger the block.

• Andrea1234
    Andrea1234 Posts: 1

I connect with my mobile to my home pc, and TW says that they discovered that my account is a business account.why?

Thanks

• sdf
    sdf Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm using the program to help my mother with the stuff she needs help in her computer. Connection gets disconnected instantly and says me to upgrade. But, I'm trying to use it for personal stuff. I tried to find a way to submit a ticket. But it's impossible. It is so impossible that there's a website inside of this website to show how to submit a ticket. https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/72027-how-to-submit-a-ticket which is outdated. Can someone help me with my problem?

• sdf
    sdf Posts: 2 ✭✭

The dialog that i'm getting...

• ShaGan
    ShaGan Posts: 1

I have the same issue... my connection was disconnected after few seconds. I use team viewer from years to help my parents and to control my second computer and always use personal... Now i need to spend 30minutes to explain parents what they need to do on Quick Help windows app which it's annoying us...

• Byter
    Byter Posts: 1

Dear sirs, I also use teamViewer on my iPad. There I get only (very) limited time to use teamViewer as where on my desktop and laptop computers I can use teamviewer for a couple of hours if need be.

Is there somthing |I do wrong?

Rgds,

Henk van der Heijden.

• drogg
    drogg Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

What's all this about commercial use?

I've been using Teamviewer for a long time to connect to upstairs, my daughter, and my mother in laws Android tablet in Austria.

Recently can't do anything as I keep getting time out/ Commercial use message.

This is impossible.

**bleep** is going on?

• Dan_4698
    Dan_4698 Posts: 1

Why does my non-commercial session timeout in just a few seconds after connecting?

• Dave454
    Dave454 Posts: 1

Dear Teamviewer

With the updated policy of the frequent disconnect for non commercial users, I thought I would highlight the impact your customer experience/business model. 

I work for a large commercial company where I am part of the infrastructure project team. We sought a replacement for our current remote desktop management system where currently we have over 140 office location and each office sites at least 6 desktops. We evaluated TeamViewer and found it suited our need but with my experience with the non commercial version and the frequent disconnects finally lack of any useful support I rejected the purchase of the application and recommend we go with Desktop Central.

You might think this current business model is pushing users onto a paying platform is working but I can assure you it is having the opposite effect.

• So I have a remote computer that I am trying to connect to (unattended access). It is a brand new computer and brand new TV account. I connect to it for about 15 seconds and it boots me off. TV keeps giving me a message that I have to wait to re-connect (screen shot attached). Anyone have any suggestions?

• Tenna
    Tenna Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am trying to use teamviwer one time only to be able to see a proffesore screen for a class, but I keep keeting getting discounected and have ir say it is a commertial use but non of us is gettibng paid for this it is for my class work. I feel the free personal part os not true. How much is it for one day licen if you want money.

• KC1233
    KC1233 Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

My Mother-In-Law's PC account times out after a minute of connection time. Please help!

• Gadgetperson
    Gadgetperson Posts: 1

Same problem. Is there a solution. It worked reliably for years but is now useless unless this can be fixed.

• Carmeen
    Carmeen Posts: 1

it says suspected of commercial use and i sent them a pdf

explaining it's only for personnel use